UCI & UCSD - ON HOLD!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIMTIM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN users,

I am ON HOLD now at both UCI & UCSD as a Cali. resident. I would like to know what's the % of ON HOLD are there in applicants who completed secondaries? UCSD in the email says they interview 25% of secondaries received, but what about ON HOLD? Hold 10%, 20%??? And for UCI, is that a death sentence already??? For people in med school already, could you comment if you heard anything getting off the ON HOLD lists from these schools?? (And get in eventually too, probably?)

Thanks, TIM

Members don't see this ad.

I know UCSD hold is relatively better than other holds. They actually interview people off their hold and I know of some who have gotten an acceptance too. I don't know the percentages.

UCI hold, I have no clue.

UCSD is more selective in their pre-screening process, so a HOLD there is more favorable.

I did a search on UCI and HOLD, and yes, it's pretty much a death sentence. I've got one too, so let's grieve together.

Members don't see this ad :)
^I just did a search and some people did actually get off the hold to get an interview.

It is still so early in the game...people get off hold lists for interviews as late as april and may...so we may potentially have a long long wait kids.

Thanks guys, let's hope for the best...

JulioFly said:
It is still so early in the game...people get off hold lists for interviews as late as april and may...so we may potentially have a long long wait kids.

Last year, UCI stopped interviewing in March. :(