UCLA accpetance list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistplease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i guess everyone is confused about the UCLA accpetance.Some say that those who got accepted were sent in e-mails.Others say that Acceptance and rejection e-mails were sent.So on one really knows whats going on.

I request everyone who has got acceptance in UCLA to post it here and let us know if you are taking the seat or not.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah..its kinda confusing one thou...spoke to nate today...I was informed that everyone would be getting a mail about their status...accepted or in the alternate list or...........as u know the one which u don't want to hear....so watch out for ur emails...U might be a lucky winner :) --

Hello guys,
I know 2 people from sdn got accepted in UCLA..So there is no doubt that candidates who are all accepted are informed already(friday)..but I don't think people who are waitlisted are intimated..lets keep our fingres crossed :scared: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello again,
I just spoke with Nate & he said he will try to email everyone today abt their status.. :scared: :luck:

hi,

It seems that Nate has been giving different answers to everyone.I was told that all acceptance e-mails were not yet sent but he will be sending more acceptance e-mails as well as alternate lists today.

Also he will not inform people if they are rejected.That will be done only by snail mail.

So all you guys out there who are still hoping to get in UCLA, you could still have a chance.

Best of luck

still no mails from nate...did any of u guys got any kinda e-mail from nate...

nope none here so far.
i know tht 5 have received acceptances, i am sure abt only 4 of thm though.
i didnt call up nate yet though .will do tht ltmrw

I received the mail from Nate.

And I hope you guys have a good news soon.

Thank you.

hi,

i was just wondering if anyone got an e-mail regarding the waitlist? please do let us know
thanks

called nate today...he said hasnt finished mailing all the people...so ppl can expect his mail today or by tomorrow... all the best guys...

i got a mail for nate....all the best for u guys

hi,

i was just wondering if nate is sending onle acceptance letters, or acceptance and rejection letters?

luvdent007 said:
i got a mail for nate....all the best for u guys
so did u get an acceptance? congrats.

has any1 not received anything from ucla?
i dont know y they r not sending anything by email . i thought they were supposed to send by yesterday.
i couldnt get to talk to nate. it always goes on voicemail.
the wait is bugging me
:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Its bugging me.
It doesnt take that long to send out 34 emails.

Did anybody get any email for waitinglist or refusal?

Hello guys,
I just got the email from Nate saying I am on Alternatate list :scared:

hi guys,

i thinkhe is sending the alternate list today.So i guess if we dont hear from him today too then we arent in any list.
i wish that they would send everything together instead of making us wait for it.
Anyways, best of luck to all you guys.
take care

dentistplease said:
hi guys,

i thinkhe is sending the alternate list today.So i guess if we dont hear from him today too then we arent in any list.
i wish that they would send everything together instead of making us wait for it.
Anyways, best of luck to all you guys.
take care

Hi,
Just hang in there..I don't think UCLA will send any rejection letters..It's becos Nate takes so long to send emails :rolleyes: ..So u might get your email/mail anytime in couple of days... :luck:

guys,
i just checked my email....
i have been put on the alternate list by UCLA....
does anyone know how many people have been put on the alternate list?

hi!
I got email today, I am in alternate list. Anybody has idea how many are in waitlist????????

ivshah said:
hi!
I got email today, I am in alternate list. Anybody has idea how many are in waitlist????????

As far as I know I counted 9 so far, who got the email that they r in the alternate list...But I guess there will be more..

hi, i also got email from nate showing me in alternate list.is anyone there who got rejection

i am alternate list too. its funny. he has sent the email yesterday. but it reached me today.

hi got email frm nate atlast i,m on the altern ate list too

hi ,
i got a mail that i am on the alternate list too.....

best of luck

hi all,

does anyone have any idea when Nate will be informing the candidates on the alternate list?

hey to all those who r on waitlist did u have to send a signed document saying tht u r accepting the position?
nate said he would send me the hard copy odf the document by post .but i havent received it yet.
did any of u get it?

hi ann,
i got the alternate list letter yesterday.Supposed to sign it and send it in.

Nate is total ****** and USLA is not a good school at all.

hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has signed the alternate list letter and sent it in.Also if anyone in the alternate list had heard from UCLA.

dentistplease said:
hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has signed the alternate list letter and sent it in.Also if anyone in the alternate list had heard from UCLA.

Hi,
YES I did send the letter a week back..but I din't hear from them so far...How many of u who confirmed to be in alternate list & have this as the only hope and is waiting to hear from UCLA ? :eek:

dentaldoc said:
How many of u who confirmed to be in alternate list & have this as the only hope and is waiting to hear from UCLA ? :eek:

Hello guys,
I called Nate today & he said by jan 3rd he will let us know whether we are accepted for the PPID program..1 more month to go :scared:

Guys pls let me know how many in the alternate list is desperate in joining UCLA?

i am not joining ucla dental doc :)

hi ann,

Congratulations ann.I am sure that it must have been a long tensing wait.
i was just wondering when you found out about your acceptance? were you on the alternate list and where informed recently ?

hi,

looks like UCLA is my only hope.I am on the alternate list and havent heard anything from them as yet but i think some people have.
Just hoping and praying for the best.

Ann 03 said:
i am joining ucla dental doc :)
Hi,
R u joining in UCLA or UCSF. I saw in other thread, u saying that u join in UCSF.

dentistplease said:
hi ann,

Congratulations ann.I am sure that it must have been a long tensing wait.
i was just wondering when you found out about your acceptance? were you on the alternate list and where informed recently ?
sorry folks i just edited my post. i left out a tiny word, hence all this confusion.
i an still in the alternate list in ucla i think.
u r right international, i am joining ucsf. :D

can some one tell me the minimum part 1 score of a student who got accepted, cause I want to apply but hesistant if the cutoff score is over 90, also how tough are the practical exams, this is for 2006 folks, please help me,

denzel said:
can some one tell me the minimum part 1 score of a student who got accepted, cause I want to apply but hesistant if the cutoff score is over 90, also how tough are the practical exams, this is for 2006 folks, please help me,

AS SUCH THEY DONOT MENTION THE CUT OFF SCORE AT UCLA.....THIS YEAR I WAS INTERVIEWED AT UCSF,UCLA AND USC IN CALIFORNIA.....
they seem to call candidates based on all the aspects of the applicants resume.....not just part-1 scores....so there were candidates with scores ranging from 83 to above 90........
practical exams will be fine if u practice....make sure to get some practice b4 u attend those....
as far as acceptance is concerned for west coast schools there r people who got accepted with scores lesser than 90....they did very well on their practicals etc.....remember for west coast it is not just the score that matters....
NYU seems to be easier to get in as compared to all other schools but again they give a lot of importance to ur GPA....
rt now i would advise u too go ahead and apply to as many schools as u can......and prepare urself for all interviews and exams.....
think of results later... :thumbup:
hope this helps

hi Denzel,

I have no idea of the scores of people who got accepted, but i know that during their interview sessions they had scores from as high as 94 and to as low as 83.

Each year the number of seats their are getting less.This year they called 32 people for 9 seats.they are pretty picky in the people they call for interview and call very less students.I am on the alternate list and they told me that I would hear from them by Jan.I have higher score is always better.

So dont be under the impression that they call people with only 90.they call all kinds of students.i guess what they look at is the whole package you send them.Your marks, GPA, Toefl score , letters , personal statement, WE. Everything.

Hope this is of help.Best of luck.

Ann 03 said:
i am not joining ucla dental doc :)

Hi Ann,
Congrats on ur UCSF acceptance :thumbup: ..Atlast the wait is worth :) ..It'a a good decision that u made by not joining NYU last yr :thumbup:
Keep in touch :) goodluck :luck:

thanks k,
nyu is also a good school but i felt it was very expensive and 3 yrs was too much for me. luckily things worked out :)
good luck to u too.

Hello guys,

Do any one know if there are any who joined UCLA for the PPID class of 2007 yet?..I know 4 who got accepted dropped out becos they r joining some other schools and 6 who r all in waiting list got accepted somewhere else already..

But haven't heared of any who got accepted and joining UCLA :confused:

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

Do any one know if there are any who joined UCLA for the PPID class of 2007 yet?..I know 4 who got accepted dropped out becos they r joining some other schools and 6 who r all in waiting list got accepted somewhere else already..

But haven't heared of any who got accepted and joining UCLA :confused:

Bump :)

Hi, dentaldoc.

I think I am more inclinced to go to UCLA now though I have not made my mind.
And I hope you have a chance.

Thanks.

solafide74 said:
Hi, dentaldoc.

I think I am more inclinced to go to UCLA now though I have not made my mind.
And I hope you have a chance.

Thanks.

Hi Sola,
Congrats :thumbup:.So from where else u got acceptance?...Do u know any other who is joining UCLA this yr?

Hello guys,
Pls tell me if anyone u know is joining UCLA this yr?..Thanks :)

Hi all,
can anyone tell me whats the due date for payment in UCLA???

mrcanine said:
Hi all,
can anyone tell me whats the due date for payment in UCLA???

It's jan 3rd..were u accepted @ UCLA?

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,
Pls tell me if anyone u know is joining UCLA this yr?..Thanks :)

I am surprised as none of the sdners have joined/joining UCLA this yr!!!!!!!!..Do you guys atleast know any who is joining UCLA this yr?..Thanks :)

hi,
Hi dental doc.These where the reasons that i was told by my friend who is studying in ucla about why most students dont join it:

Reasons why most people dont join UCLA:

1.Expensive program.
2.They recently started it so its relatively new.
3.The patient population is very very less and most of the time you fight for cases.
4.Cost of living in that area is more expensive.
USc or UCSF have better patient population.

Hope this helps you.

best of luck