UCLA ahhhhhhhh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bludeviled

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
f**k me

I'm an idiot. So I get UCLA secondary like on 9/12 and the deadline for the online was 9/30 - I'm not sure how I missed it, but i guess I did.

Now when I try to go back to get it -( on the 2003 app status check database) - I log in and it tells me my recs are recieved but everything else is blank (obviously - i haven't turned in a check on the online secondary)

but I don't see a link to access the secondary. So is it gone for good??? :(

forever?... snifff :(

i mean i could call them but at this point what can be done?
This happen to anyone else? - kindly advise

Was it a super serious deadline or like Duke 2 week deadline? - its technically 16 days late? - should i even bother with it? I really love the school though

Thanks guys - and to those of you not as scatterbrained as I am w/ UCLA's deadline - good luck

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon people!

17 views and not a single reply - I'm stressin here, help me out :laugh:

okay i posted this like 30 seconds ago :rolleyes:

okay this is my contribution to the "most anal thing application process has made you do" thread

are you a dukie??

Members don't see this ad :)
All you have to do is call the admissions office and ask them whether you're still allowed to complete the secondary. Is there really any other option? Good luck.

Originally posted by bludeviled
f**k me

I'm an idiot. So I get UCLA secondary like on 9/12 and the deadline for the online was 9/30 - I'm not sure how I missed it, but i guess I did.

Now when I try to go back to get it -( on the 2003 app status check database) - I log in and it tells me my recs are recieved but everything else is blank (obviously - i haven't turned in a check on the online secondary)

but I don't see a link to access the secondary. So is it gone for good??? :(

forever?... snifff :(

i mean i could call them but at this point what can be done?
This happen to anyone else? - kindly advise

Was it a super serious deadline or like Duke 2 week deadline? - its technically 16 days late? - should i even bother with it? I really love the school though

Thanks guys - and to those of you not as scatterbrained as I am w/ UCLA's deadline - good luck

Major faux pas. Better get in touch with the admissions office pronto, apologize for the delay in your response, and ask if the secondary can be completed late.

You know, I know all the UC's are a bit different, but I missed my UCSF deadline by a few days (4) and they told me not to worry about it. (It was only partially my fault...they don't notify!)

BananaSplit

Originally posted by bludeviled
C'mon people!

17 views and not a single reply - I'm stressin here, help me out :laugh:

okay i posted this like 30 seconds ago :rolleyes:

okay this is my contribution to the "most anal thing application process has made you do" thread

sorry i didnt understand what u wrote, but yeah follow the above advices!

Give them a call and tell them what happened. Also make sure that they know that you're VERY interested in their school...

call em up and ask them. Even if they only allow you to do the secondary to fill their deep pockets, at least you will stand a better chance at UCLA than right now.

Hope all goes well.

Hi Fellow Dukie,

If I were you, I'd follow the good advice that others have given. Call them right awa, be contrite, apologize and hope that you can complete the secondary. If you can, which I hope is that case, then start right away with the secondary questions because the forms are online and might take some time to make them accessible to you. I am in a similar predicament but I have turned in the secondary 1 month ago and still waiting for the recommendations to come in. Good luck!

Z.

Originally posted by goldenbears18
All you have to do is call the admissions office and ask them whether you're still allowed to complete the secondary. Is there really any other option? Good luck.

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with goldenbears here. If your options are:

1) sit on your a$$ and do nothing
2) call them and hopefully they'll let you fill out the secondary

Well, you can figure it out. :) Take the active choice. At the least, it'll show more interest in the school.

-RA