*~*~*~*~*~*~ucla- Class Of 2011- Go Bruins!!**~*~*~*~*~*~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you renew your contract for the second year, it won't be a problem. Also, you're allowed to extend your contract a month or two (but you can't do it at the Weyburn housing office --- you have to do it at Sproul Hall on the undergrad campus).

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone, which stafford lender is the most popular or the safest?

has anyone completed their health clearence requirements? anyone do it at ashe? i just went today and they took 5 tubes of blood from me. they also kept the form. am i good or must i turn in the form myself?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it at Ashe too. They didnt take that much blood from me though. They kept the form but they gave me a copy of it. Dont know if we have to turn it in or not.

I think i picked Wachovia because they were my undergraduate lender as well.

The list is pretty extensive. I chose a lender with whom I already have an account (checking account). I would recommend a zero-interest lender that submits funds electronically (I think it's EFT) as that is probably a faster mode of delivery. Other than that, it's quite confusing to understand the advantages of one over the other. :eek:

If you renew your contract for the second year, it won't be a problem. Also, you're allowed to extend your contract a month or two (but you can't do it at the Weyburn housing office --- you have to do it at Sproul Hall on the undergrad campus).

Just out of curiosity UCLAstudent, where (physical address) in LA do UCLA students generally take Step 1 of the USMLEs?

hello and congrats future classmates! can't wait to meet ya all!

Hi future fellow bruins! I was just accepted off the waitlist last week and am looking forward to meeting you guys in two months. I got my acceptance letter yesterday, but it only came with the $5000 scholarship letter. Nothing else. Am I missing something in this packet, such as an Intent to register, housing, and financial aid forms? I'd appreciate any advice before I call admissions on Monday.

Just out of curiosity UCLAstudent, where (physical address) in LA do UCLA students generally take Step 1 of the USMLEs?

Funny you should ask --- I just got back from taking mine an hour ago.

You have to take it at a Prometric center. I believe there are two sites in Culver City, which is where most UCLA students take it. I opted to take it in Redlands, hoping to avoid seeing other med students on test day (little did I know that the UCR/UCLA and Loma Linda med students take it in Redlands). :laugh:

Is there a list of things we should have for the start of med school?

Congrats jim24! First you send in your letter accepting the offer, and then after a few days they'll send you packet of housing info and everything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I finally made my final decision.......I'm attending UCLA SOM!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a diffiicult one, but I'm sure I made the right one.........I'm so happy to stay/remain here in LA......:)

I'm waiting to meet all of you soon:laugh:...................I'm sure we, as a class, are going to have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BRUINS:thumbup:

Hi future fellow bruins! I was just accepted off the waitlist last week and am looking forward to meeting you guys in two months. I got my acceptance letter yesterday, but it only came with the $5000 scholarship letter. Nothing else. Am I missing something in this packet, such as an Intent to register, housing, and financial aid forms? I'd appreciate any advice before I call admissions on Monday.

Thanks for the info UCLAstudent. Question: are those computers at Thomson Prometric running Windows XP or Windows 3.1, eg GRE style?

Also, in regards to the 5,000 scholarship, could we perhaps initiate a discussion as to the relevance of this grant, why UCLA decided to give anything at all, and what the criteria were for distributing to certain students and not to others? Even if it is only speculation, let us see, no?

Hi future fellow bruins! I was just accepted off the waitlist last week and am looking forward to meeting you guys in two months.

stoked to hear it man! Congrats!!

How long did it take for you to recieve an offer at Weyburn after you submitted your online application?

Thanks! and welcome to all the newcomers, can't wait to meet everyone at orientation!

After I submitted my housing offer, it took them less than a week to get back to me.. Hope it helps!

do you know when we will receive our email addresses?

is that the regular @ucla.edu or the mednet one??

Rocky, I received a @ucla.edu email address through URSA registration.

do you know if we will also be receiving a mednet one or is that only for faculty?

So has anyone heard anything after they filled everything out for fin aid? And on a side note tangent, I am moving into weyburn on July 1st.. holla
go bruins

does anyone know what is orientation week like? do we actually have classes that week and is it pretty packed with activities throughout the day and night? ahh.. coming up so soon!! can't wait to meet y'all. :hardy:

Do you know how many people we are allowed to bring to the white coat ceremony?

So has anyone heard anything after they filled everything out for fin aid? And on a side note tangent, I am moving into weyburn on July 1st.. holla
go bruins

talked to the fin aid office today. he said award letters for our class come out july 27 or a date around there if i remembered incorrectly.

Hi Guys,

I just got off the waitlist! I was wondering if those who got off the waitlist relatively recently were still able to get on-campus housing. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I just got off the waitlist! I was wondering if those who got off the waitlist relatively recently were still able to get on-campus housing. Thanks!

congrats. yakiea. And yes, we're all guaranteed on-campus housing.

hey guys,

where are the links to the SIR and SLR when you log in to URSA?
i can't find them on the menu...

thanks!

The SIR and SLR are available on the Entering Students Checklist page under Registration Forms. As I recall, the link sends you to URSA and the two forms are available when you click "Accept your offer of acceptance" in your main menu page.

Does anyone know if ucla hosts a traditional student/faculty retreat for 1st yrs?

Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)

does anyone know if the bruincard for undergrad carries over to med school or if you still have to send in the new application for a new bruincard--in other words, are the cards different?

I have an odd request, but here goes. I'm in charge of getting people to respond to the 31 question's thread in the mentor forum and am looking for current students at all of the med schools of the US. So, I realize this is the class thread for the incoming class, but perhaps someone from previous classes has been helpful in answering your questions and giving you advice in this thread. I have no time to read through every single class thread to get this info, but if you could post some user names of some such people (or pm them to me, including what school you are from), I can pm them with my request. Thanks!

does anyone know if the bruincard for undergrad carries over to med school or if you still have to send in the new application for a new bruincard--in other words, are the cards different?

They're different - the latter is more badge-like.

I have an odd request, but here goes. I'm in charge of getting people to respond to the 31 question's thread in the mentor forum and am looking for current students at all of the med schools of the US. So, I realize this is the class thread for the incoming class, but perhaps someone from previous classes has been helpful in answering your questions and giving you advice in this thread. I have no time to read through every single class thread to get this info, but if you could post some user names of some such people (or pm them to me, including what school you are from), I can pm them with my request. Thanks!

ID: UCLABruin

Hey all, i was just offered an acceptance, so im thrilled to be joining you guys this fall!

When is everyone moving in.. I'm moving in tomorrow! Where my bruins at?

Hey OCpremed, I'm also from OC. I'll be moving into weyburn in two weeks.

anyone know when we can specify the coat size for the white coat ceremony? the RSVP form didn't ask for my size. (or did it? :confused: )

anyone know when we can specify the coat size for the white coat ceremony? the RSVP form didn't ask for my size. (or did it? :confused: )

I'm pretty sure it's one-size-fits-all. You either specify "orthopedics" or "other" and they distribute accordingly.

what does orthopedics mean in that context?

Wow, you guys are moving in early. I m moving on august 1st. hehehe. I wanna save $500 and use that money to furnish my studio. :D

And you mean the RSVP form asked "Ortho" or "Others"?

Guys, this was all a joke. Of course there is no "ortho" option on the coat size. I don't recall there being a coat size option as of yet. We'll see if something materializes over the next few weeks. ;)