*~*~*~*~*~*~ucla- Class Of 2011- Go Bruins!!**~*~*~*~*~*~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hah! i thought my jokes were bad...:)

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, this was all a joke. Of course there is no "ortho" option on the coat size. I don't recall there being a coat size option as of yet. We'll see if something materializes over the next few weeks. ;)

That was hilarious man. :thumbup:

Guys, this was all a joke. Of course there is no "ortho" option on the coat size. I don't recall there being a coat size option as of yet. We'll see if something materializes over the next few weeks. ;)

haha. nice. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow... you guys are moving in so early. Have fun in Westwood! I need to get away from Westwood for the next two weeks.

Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new to the whole site and I thought I would say hi! I'm c/o 2011 and am moving into the Keystone/Menton apartments in two weeks, and was wondering if anyone else is moving in/lives there. I'm coming from Texas and am looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation!

welcome, mandykat!

hey, has anyone received any mail from ucla? I haven't received anything since my acceptance letter? oh, and the email from financial aid. did i miss something?

Hey rosaverde, I haven't received anything yet either. I once asked when we'd expect to receive info and they said around mid july...and towards the end of the month for financial aid awards. But I did recently notice that the booklist is now up on our checklist, so at least we can go ahead and order those now if we want.

Hey rosaverde, I haven't received anything yet either. I once asked when we'd expect to receive info and they said around mid july...and towards the end of the month for financial aid awards. But I did recently notice that the booklist is now up on our checklist, so at least we can go ahead and order those now if we want.

checklist...hmmm, didn't even realize they were using that.
aw ****. now i have to look at it and get annoyed by how expensive they are.
but thanks for the info, supamike :p

Yeah, it doesn't seem like they're that good about doing things over mail. But I got some forms in the mail today about the waiver for billing and bruindirect. Also, check your URSA BAR account for the fall semester bill. I called the financial aid office this week and they said they are going to send out the financial stuff out soon over mail and that things are a little bit behind.

checklist...hmmm, didn't even realize they were using that.
aw ****. now i have to look at it and get annoyed by how expensive they are.
but thanks for the info, supamike :p

Financial aid award letters will not be sent out until july 27th. You guys should join facebook. There's a lot of good info on there. Come join us!!!!

speaking financially, i got a reminder that I have 11,000+ due by July 20th. So can anyone confirm we dont have to pay this by the deadline and can just wait for financial aid without any holds on records?

yes, we will not have to worry about until the financial aid letters come out. They even told me the late fees would not be charged if we missed the deadline for payment.

That's what they told me too.. if you need finaid to pay for it, don't worry about it because it will disburse automatically. BUT if you are paying for it on your own, you do have to pay by the 7/20 deadline.

yes, we will not have to worry about until the financial aid letters come out. They even told me the late fees would not be charged if we missed the deadline for payment.

can anyone direct me to a website or contact info for arranging an early move-in date? i know some people have said the office is flexible, but when i called in, they flat out said no, it's not possible and that we cant move in earlier than our contract date...

please help...thanks!

I called and was told that we could move in early if the place was available. But the catch is they'll charge us extra $75/day.

Just wondering - who's planning to purchase the required textbooks now, and who's planning to wait until school starts? Does anyone remember if we should be able to buy used textbooks during orientation (from second year students I guess)?

I ‘d rather look for cheaper textbooks online while I have the time, but I don't want to buy books I won't really need.