UCLA Class of 2013 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went to http://map.ais.ucla.edu/portal/site...toid=0670064a9a7d1010VgnVCM1000008f8443a4RCRD and filled out the housing application. I had to email UCLA housing to get my UCLA ID and Logon information, though. I also asked about this on the phone with the admissions people and they said that medical students get top priority for housing, so you are pretty much guaranteed housing.

Oh, so I don't need to apply this early, then. I was worried about missing out on housing if I didn't fill out the application early enough, but that's not how it works at UCLA, it seems.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, does anybody have a link under accepted student checklist yet? I had one back in december but it's gone now. Has my admission suddenly been revoked? haha

I think the link that was up in Dec. was last year's checklist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually don't remember where I got this date from... :confused:
Did I make it up?

I just heard back from the admissions office, and they said second look was on April 25th, so on a Saturday.

I just heard back from the admissions office, and they said second look was on April 25th, so on a Saturday.

Whyyyy does UCLA's 2nd look have to overlap w/ so many others?! :(

whats up everyone....i'm 99% sure ill be at UCLA next year.

Quick question.........after we send them a letter confirming our acceptance what happens next? Do they send us a packet of info? I wanna get moving on housing and all the paperwork etc.

whats up everyone....i'm 99% sure ill be at UCLA next year.

Quick question.........after we send them a letter confirming our acceptance what happens next? Do they send us a packet of info? I wanna get moving on housing and all the paperwork etc.
1% unsure:eek:. They don't send us a package, they just email you to let you know what financial aid forms you have to fill out. The link to the housing application is on the previous page of this thread. On your status page you will eventually have an acceptance checklist link, which should have something important on it (I don't know what):). Congrats.

On your status page you will eventually have an acceptance checklist link, which should have something important on it (I don't know what):). Congrats.

thanks for the info....i guess i'm 99.99999% sure........dont wanna make anything final until i have to haha.......i called the admissions office and they just put the accepted student checklist box on my status page but with no link.......will the link show up soon? Whats the "something important" that will show up in it LOL......?

thanks for the info....i guess i'm 99.99999% sure........dont wanna make anything final until i have to haha.......i called the admissions office and they just put the accepted student checklist box on my status page but with no link.......will the link show up soon? Whats the "something important" that will show up in it LOL......?

Earlier (Dec or Jan I think), the link for last year's checklist was up, and it was a pretty long list. I think it was stuff like the financial aid application, housing application, etc.

the lady said housing info should be available "within a week"......no clue if thats for all of us or me or whatever

Just something I was thinking about for housing as I was gonna fill out my housing app...

If you want to choose your roommate, you both have to request each other on the app. I decided to wait until after 2nd look, so I can meet some of you F's and hopefully pick a person I'd be fine living with. My University assigned freshman roommate in undergrad wasn't the best, so I'm hoping to avoid that scenario this time around...

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't make it to the official 2nd look weekend, so I'm just going to visit UCLA on April 1st/2nd or 5th/6th (either before or after UCSD's 2nd look. I haven't decided which way I'm going to do it yet.)

Anyone else gonna be around then?

I can't make it to the official 2nd look weekend, so I'm just going to visit UCLA on April 1st/2nd or 5th/6th (either before or after UCSD's 2nd look. I haven't decided which way I'm going to do it yet.)

Sorry, I won't be...maybe the admissions office could find one of the med student tour guides to give you a more detailed tour or something? I can also try to suggest places in west LA to check out if you want.

Accepted student checklist is up, including RSVP for second look. I'll be there!

Damnit! my chance to meet and thank Shemarty down the tubes, just like that. Probably the 4th most helpful person I've had to help me through this process.

Accepted student checklist is up, including RSVP for second look. I'll be there!
I'll be there too. I'm looking forward to the white coat ceremony in August, and finding out what kind of housing I'll get. Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the health clearance forms, because I can't seem to get access to them.

Damnit! my chance to meet and thank Shemarty down the tubes, just like that. Probably the 4th most helpful person I've had to help me through this process.

Aw, I'm glad I made your top 5 without having ever met you!

Yea, I really wanted to come to UCLA's 2nd look, but it seems like the activities are just squished into 1 day, and I'm going to be in socal next week for UCSD anyway.... so I decided to go to Yale on the weekend of the 24th instead.

Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the health clearance forms, because I can't seem to get access to them.

yeah i had the same issue.....my guess is that we have to be registered med students (SLR/SIR etc.) in order to get access to those......while we are "accepted" ucla students i dont think we "are" ucla students yet lolllll

Question...

For the RSVP for 2nd look, why do they ask if you have discussed your financial aid offer with the FAO? Am I supposed to call and talk to them about it, or is getting the estimate email enough? And why does that matter for 2nd look?

Question...

For the RSVP for 2nd look, why do they ask if you have discussed your financial aid offer with the FAO? Am I supposed to call and talk to them about it, or is getting the estimate email enough? And why does that matter for 2nd look?

I don't really know why it matters for second look, but I said yes, because I had gotten the estimate.

Last edited:
So, I received a letter from UCLA that has housing and other checklist information and it says to fill out an SIR and SLR online through URSA, but I don't see it anywhere on my URSA. Has anyone found out how you fill these two forms out?

So, I received a letter from UCLA that has housing and other checklist information and it says to fill out an SIR and SLR online through URSA, but I don't see it anywhere on my URSA. Has anyone found out how you fill these two forms out?

i have the same problem......i cant find the SLR/SIR and half of the URSA menus dont work lolllll. I tried to call on Friday but the school was closed for the holiday.

The graduate division website has a PDF file of the SLR (but not an SIR) but the UCLA letter says to fill it out online.

Who knows....

Hey guys,
The SLR/SIR forms are up on URSA for me now, try it again!

hey all prospectives!

has anyone seen the new ucla match list floating around the web anywhere?

doe anyone know anything about 2nd look besides the date? Where are we supposed to stay, dress code, etc?

doe anyone know anything about 2nd look besides the date? Where are we supposed to stay, dress code, etc?

check your status page.....there's a TON of stuff regarding 2nd look. In terms of where to stay, I think everyone is on their own (though they may have student hosts??). Dress code is probably business casual or jeans/nice shirt....idk tho. I'm sure more info will come out soon.

So I called the Office of Academic Enrichment & Outreach and they said they are going to have student hosts for the weekend. Dress code is dressy-casual. She didn't say if info was forthcoming in a mass email or status update, just took down my contact info and the days I'd be there, so I'd suggest either emailing or calling if you want a student host.

Hey everyone, looking forward to meeting you all later this month ;)

So, I RSVPed for 2nd look two weeks ago, but on the online checklist it for some reason says,
"Your dealine to secure a position for Recruitment Day has passed.
Please contact the Academic Enrichment and Outreach Office at 310-825-3575."

Does everyone who RSVPed have that note on your checklist? Thanks guys!

i have the same thing

Last edited:
Me too...it had said "completed" there before.

Outside of telling us what the weather may be like on Saturday in the Recruitment Day instructions, UCLA never told us what the dress code is. Has anyone gotten a confirmation on how we're supposed to be dressed?

Outside of telling us what the weather may be like on Saturday in the Recruitment Day instructions, UCLA never told us what the dress code is. Has anyone gotten a confirmation on how we're supposed to be dressed?

I called UCLA and they said its casual dress (jeans ok). They said just don't dress like you're going to the beach.

Me too!

BTW, one of the MSIs posted plans for after the official schedule on the Facebook group!

I am just going to start my undergraduate studies fall of 2009. Since you guys have gotten into one of the top med schools, any words of advice for pre- meds like me that would help our chances of getting into med school. I mean wat r priorities shuld b. how important are extra curricular, gpa, and mcat. In short, anything you guys wish you would have known before you started your undergrad?

Hey guys, I just got in off the waitlist and I am wondering what I need to do. I am interested in living in on-campus housing but I have no idea how that works. Is there a huge waitlist? Am I screwed at this point if that's my goal? Anyway, look forward to seeing some of you this august.

hey guys...

so my parents have a place in woodland hills unoccupied so i am debating whether to stay in that house, rent free! it would be a 25 minute commute, plus parking fees...what do you guys think...good idea? it would save a ton of money plus i don't think the distance is too bad?

Yes! And you should invite me to live there too!

BTW, did you interview on halloween by chance?

hey, i did interview on halloween....i have a feeling i know who this is, if you also interviewed on halloween....does your first name sound sort of like your user id for sdn? if so, then i know who you are!

- but then again, maybe not?

hey guys...

so my parents have a place in woodland hills unoccupied so i am debating whether to stay in that house, rent free! it would be a 25 minute commute, plus parking fees...what do you guys think...good idea? it would save a ton of money plus i don't think the distance is too bad?

25 minutes is a pretty generous estimate, w/ traffic on the 405. Also, it's in the valley... ;)