-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA IDP 2017
Started by Dental_passion
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have a question about UCLA. Is the school rolling basis or do they send out interview invites once the deadline is over.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Will I still have shot with out NBDE 2? Thanks!
Last edited:
Hey,Hi. I cleared NBDE 1 in March and took NBDE 2 with in 2 months. I did not get enough time to prepare as I work 45 hrs a week so ended up getting 74 in NBDE 2. I am retaking it in July. I see that UCLA gives preference to NBDE 2 candidates. I think I have good resume except for NBDE 2. I got graduated from Johns Hopkins in 2012 and since then I have been working on H1B visa and have research, volunteer and shadowing dentist experience. Though I have not included letter from Dentist as I included letter from my Hopkins professor. I checked with UCLA to see if they consider my part 2 later after deadline since my results would be out only in first week of August. They said nothing post July 8 would be considered. My stats
6 months experience in India as lecturer
MPH from Johns Hopkins
GPA: 3.6
Toefl: 102
Worked as Public Health Analyst for 2 yrs and been working as Health Care Business Analyst for 2 yrs. Will I still have shot with out NBDE 2? Thanks for reading and sorry for the long message. NBDE 2 score really tore me apart. I infact got 375/500. My day 2 was pathetic and I didn't get to take even a day off from work to prepare for my exam. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!
In CAAPID they are requiring Part 1.
Whoever said they give preference to people who have part 2 is because they probably didn't do volunteer work or didn't get a MPH like you did. So one thing out weighted the other. Is all about the whole package. You have good stats and your hard work is what matters. I believe you still have a good change because you attended Johns Hopkins which gives you more background than the majority that can't get accepted into a MPH or Post Bacc. Try to make you Application as appealing as possible and don't give up. Best wishes. 😉
Thank you so much for the response and positive words 🙂Hey,
In CAAPID they are requiring Part 1.
Whoever said they give preference to people who have part 2 is because they probably didn't do volunteer work or didn't get a MPH like you did. So one thing out weighted the other. Is all about the whole package. You have good stats and your hard work is what matters. I believe you still have a good change because you attended Johns Hopkins which gives you more background than the majority that can't get accepted into a MPH or Post Bacc. Try to make you Application as appealing as possible and don't give up. Best wishes. 😉
guys.. has anyone ever got accepted at ucla with just part 1???
if ur application reaches before 8th july.. u r not late
Does anyone knows what does the postmarked deadline for supplemental documents is 8th July means (given in UCLA supplemental email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone knows what does the postmarked deadline for supplemental documents is 8th July means (given in UCLA supplemental email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It means that UCLA doesn't necessarily have to have the completed paperwork in their hands by July 8. The paperwork can still be in the post office or in transit, but the post office must mark it as processed/being processed by July 8.
Any updates?
Any update guys... i saw one person posted on CAAPID Facebook group that invites are out.. but rest are literally clueless, please post updates.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the school. And i asked them abt the ivs and they havent sent them yet. And they didnt say when they will send it. I remember last year when i applied, we received ivs in the same week of september as current. So hopefully, u guys hear from them soon. All the best.Any update guys... i saw one person posted on CAAPID Facebook group that invites are out.. but rest are literally clueless, please post updates.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are the invites out for UCLA ?I am in the school. And i asked them abt the ivs and they havent sent them yet. And they didnt say when they will send it. I remember last year when i applied, we received ivs in the same week of september as current. So hopefully, u guys hear from them soon. All the best.
Awesome thanks for letting us know.. why they are so late this year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
not yet. not going to b tomorrow as well. it will b sometime early next week. didn't tell me the day.
Awesome thanks for letting us know.. why they are so late this year?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi James2805, did you get an invite?Hi all,
What does UCLA ask for in their bench exam?
I read the previous forums and it seems they as k for mo, mod on ley and PFM for the bench exam, but couldn't get any info on the written exam...
is it really same as part 1? any 1 has any information about it?
if any 1 is going from Chicago area for the exam pls pm me so we can talk about this and get ready for the exam together.
is it really same as part 1? any 1 has any information about it?
if any 1 is going from Chicago area for the exam pls pm me so we can talk about this and get ready for the exam together.
Last edited:
Can you please tell me whether they ask for wax carving or not? I have been invited for the bench test and interview. I am also looking for a shared accommodation for those three four days.I read the previous forums and it seems they as k for mo, mod on ley and PFM for the bench exam, but couldn't get any info on the written exam...
is it really same as part 1? any 1 has any information about it?
if any 1 is going from Chicago area for the exam pls pm me so we can talk about this and get ready for the exam together.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any male looking to share accommodation for UCLA interview and bench?
Any female looking for accommodation on 24 and 25 October for ucla? pleaseeee!
what is the best and quickest way to prepare for ucla written exam?? anyone?
Anyone from PENN/NJ/NY area traveling to ucla??
How many students are invited this year?
Interview in a week and this group seems so silent. Let us help each other!
Interview in a week and this group seems so silent. Let us help each other!
Guys being very honest about it as a DDS run for your life if you really like dentistry like I do consider practicing in better countries instead of getting into that trap the dental field in the United States is going through the trash this last 3 years and it's going downhill everyday you have no idea how bad it is if I have read what I'm writing now a few years ago by someone else I might not have believed it and I don't blame you if you don't but being very honest about its too much time studying, enormous student loans, too much saliva splashed on your face, back pain and that stress for barely an average pay after you deduct the student loans taxes, how low the insurance pays now because of how plenty dentists are don't believe otherwise they want to have the upper hand on pricing since their is too many dentists added to that the years spent on education it sucks...I have friends practicing dentistry all over the United States and the world I can assure you it's one of the worst places to practice recently is here in the US I have been a dentist for more than 10 years 4 of them in the US I can assure you the only ones that think it's good here are the ones never worked somewhere else...we supposedly get paid 10 to 20% more than some European countries but they don't have the student loans, overhead or more years out of their lifespan taken away from them...think about it the insurances pays much less than what they have used to student loans are getting much higher there is 4 times more the dentists and dental offices in the big nice cities where you would most probably love to live read more about offices for sales their gross and net profits, insurances price lists and the $200 to $400 overhead per hour on a dental office and do the math it's barely an average job that you would throw in a huge portion of your life for...almost every where around the world is a better place for a dentist when you measure how much you put in for it...plus the best dentistry in not in the US or even close so the pride of being a DDS or a DMD in the US is a nonsense...I wish I had someone to tell me that before I got myself into it the debt makes you heavy to even consider moving and maybe be out of work for a month or 2...if you want to have the best dental education then consider German, Swiss and Swedish dental education check where dentists are needed the most around the world and have a happy joyful life there but the US system for us dentists recently will most probably choke you
Please don't demotivate/discourage students/dentists who are already working really hard and trying to make it to programs here. Posts like yours do more harm than good even though your intentions might be noble. Just reading through your post brings me down and I assume, it would have a similar effect on other people reading your post. No point posting the same post on multiple threads, that just seems like you are spamming the threads. Taxes are high in every developed country, some even higher than US and they are not as welcoming as the US as far as going there and practicing as a foreign dentist is considered.
did you find out? please let me know tooHi all,
I wanted to know if the 4-hole handpiece will work at UCLA ? Or is it mandatory to buy the coupler.
We are done 

Now just the long wait! 

















So, how was it? 🙂
Do you mind to share your status and impressions from today?
Thank you and good luck!
Do you mind to share your status and impressions from today?
Thank you and good luck!
Hey Mrs Dentist, what do you mean my status from today?So, how was it? 🙂
Do you mind to share your status and impressions from today?
Thank you and good luck!
I think the interview was okay. Not really sure how it went since it was the same duration for everyone.
Hey, I mean like your TOEFL score? Nbde and other stuff...Hey Mrs Dentist, what do you mean my status from today?
I think the interview was okay. Not really sure how it went since it was the same duration for everyone.
probably 15 or 19 NovemberHi all,
Any idea which date are all the cali schools planning to give out their accceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you sure tootthdoctor_dds ? Could you please tell the source of your information?
probably 15 or 19 November
I just saw the previous years ucla groups and these were the dates when they got their results announcedAre you sure tootthdoctor_dds ? Could you please tell the source of your information?
I just saw the previous years ucla groups and these were the dates when they got their results announced
Last year in 2015 the date of announcement was 23rd November.
Good luck everyone! may the best people be in. fingers crossed
.