UCLA Interview/Bench test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

db33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received interview call to UCLA for 23rd - 25th Oct

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!!! so does ucla send rejection mails as well or is it like ucsf?

They've asked us to bring Proof of Citinzenship/ Permanent residentship/ I 20 for the interview. What's that about? Doesn't the university have to issue an I 20 to us? So are they talking about the I 20 form? Confused. I'm reading up on it, thought I'd ask here as well...

How many seats are available at UCLA. and How many people do they invites??????
Does anyone has any idea on what do they ask in written exam and bench exam?? please put your input...:)

They've asked us to bring Proof of Citinzenship/ Permanent residentship/ I 20 for the interview. What's that about? Doesn't the university have to issue an I 20 to us? So are they talking about the I 20 form? Confused. I'm reading up on it, thought I'd ask here as well...

Tweety69 ? Any idea what they're talking about?

You would have to bring the proof of citizenship or PR card. Those who are already studying in the states and have an I20 can bring that ( i.e. those doing MDS, etc)

What exactly do they ask for the Bench test and the written exam? What exercises do we have? Somebody please help.

You would have to bring the proof of citizenship or PR card. Those who are already studying in the states and have an I20 can bring that ( i.e. those doing MDS, etc)

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
To compare between california schools, which one is the best?

To compare between california schools, which one is the best?

I'd say UOP ( just a personal choice) but they're all great. Depends on what you want. If you want to specialize after this program UCLA is a better choice since most students who enter speciality courses come from UCLA.
:love:Who doesn't love Cali, I'd take whatever I'd get.

:luck::luck::luck: Good luck everyone!!

What exactly do they ask for the Bench test and the written exam? What exercises do we have? Somebody please help.

Holly J, I was going through past posts from over the years and it seems like Sandy will be sending us more information about it in a few days.

I know the written exam has something to do with Part 1 material ( which will be hard to get back too :() ... but that's all I know.

If anyone else knows anything else, please enlighten us! :idea:

Are they done sending all invites?
Dentovis as you were checking past year's post, what did you found?
Do they send all invites on single day like UOP,UCSF?

Are they done sending all invites?
Dentovis as you were checking past year's post, what did you found?
Do they send all invites on single day like UOP,UCSF?

They don't really invite so many people, and a lot of people aren't active on SDN. Two years ago, a few got some the next day. So hopefully tomorrow for others! Good luck guys! I genuinely hope you get something! :love:

Got an invite aswell. So guys any idea about their bench exam? And the written component is part 1 stuff?

Any body willing to share the stay for UCLA. I am an Indian female and have exam dates Oct23-25. PM me if interested.

Tweety69 ? Any idea what they're talking about?

Hey as said if you are already a graduate student( MS/MPH/PHd) u need to take your I20 along..Congrats by the way:)

Holly J, I was going through past posts from over the years and it seems like Sandy will be sending us more information about it in a few days.

I know the written exam has something to do with Part 1 material ( which will be hard to get back too :() ... but that's all I know.

If anyone else knows anything else, please enlighten us! :idea:

thank you dentovis, appreciate that. Please let us know if u find any more info on that.

Excited+nervous..received invitation from one of the best schools...UCLA:):xf:

congrats to all who got IV, I got one as well

congratulations everyone ..i got one too . n dentist86 im sure you are having a hard time choosing between schools since you got an invite from almost everywhere :eek: lol .. hope you get into the best school :thumbup:

congratulations everyone ..i got one too . n dentist86 im sure you are having a hard time choosing between schools since you got an invite from almost everywhere :eek: lol .. hope you get into the best school :thumbup:

thank you dear, I hope that I will do good in the interviews so I can choose at that time :xf::xf: :):)

hey i got an invite too yesterday!
wasnt newhere close to accessing an internet enabled device so i just came to know today.
anybody interested in discussing things??plz PM me.

Hi can anyone please tell me sandybeths email address. I didnt get any email from ucla, just want to double check. Can anyone write sandybeths email here please.

could you please specify your stats who got the interview call? thanks!

which dentoform typhodont do we need for UCLA??kilgore or columbia??please do reply about which one we would use.....thanks in advance...

I got one too!!! Any idea how many people they call for the test? And they have reserved 2 hours for a written exam I wonder what will they ask:eek:

Are they sending more invites? Or it's done :(

Are they sending more invites? Or it's done :(

at least 2 more will be sent..since db33 from this forum has graciously declined and I know another one who's declined ....

hey guys, will they provide us the material for bench exam on that day or we need to bring our instruments?
I read somewhere in earlier thread that they had told students to bring their own hand piece... Don't know about this year though..

"*The written exam will be in the NBDE format and focus on the Part 1 content; applicants are encouraged to review the NBDE Part 1 Candidate Guide available on the www.ada.org website."

Am I the only one frustrated by this??? Please guys if anyone has ANY input about the exam dont hesitate to give a helping hand!

I just don't get it!! What the hell did I take the NBDE PART I for?? :laugh::eek::laugh::eek::laugh::eek::laugh::confused:

"*The written exam will be in the NBDE format and focus on the Part 1 content; applicants are encouraged to review the NBDE Part 1 Candidate Guide available on the www.ada.org website."

Am I the only one frustrated by this??? Please guys if anyone has ANY input about the exam dont hesitate to give a helping hand!

I just don't get it!! What the hell did I take the NBDE PART I for?? :laugh::eek::laugh::eek::laugh::eek::laugh::confused:

Hi, does any one know if the written exam is MCQ or essay type?

I have the same feelings and questins,I took part one almost a year ago and I don't think I can recall much about the material. Hey gaber did u receive the IV package? If so, can u give us details about the bench exam? Thank you..

I have the same feelings and questins,I took part one almost a year ago and I don't think I can recall much about the material. Hey gaber did u receive the IV package? If so, can u give us details about the bench exam? Thank you..

No I haven't received anything yet, but won't i get just the same papers that were attached as PDFs in the email??!! Is there anything extra in the actual package??!:eek::confused::laugh: