UCLA interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nray

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I am in complete shock. While, most people are waiting to hear about getting in or not, I just received an invitation to interview at UCLA. I called the office and was on hold, and they hung up on me. I thought for sure that this was a rejection, then I decide to get it from the horse's mouth and low and behold they want to interview me. What I don't understand is I got a call back from them asking me to bring my transcripts. Did everyone have this requested of them?

Anyways, I am in complete and utter shock. UCLA only takes 30% of the people they interview so I am not expecting much, but to get an interview at this stage blows me away.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats man!!! maybe you'll stay in souther cali after all!

yes, they always ask for transcripts before the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by nray:
•Ok, now I am in complete shock. While, most people are waiting to hear about getting in or not, I just received an invitation to interview at UCLA. I called the office and was on hold, and they hung up on me. I thought for sure that this was a rejection, then I decide to get it from the horse's mouth and low and behold they want to interview me. What I don't understand is I got a call back from them asking me to bring my transcripts. Did everyone have this requested of them?

Anyways, I am in complete and utter shock. UCLA only takes 30% of the people they interview so I am not expecting much, but to get an interview at this stage blows me away.•••••I recently interviewed as well and I hadn't even appealed. Don't worry, they are interviewing until the end of May. I just hope there are "acceptances" left

Did you appeal? I heard that they are now going through a lot of the appeals.

Best of luck to you. When are you interviewing?

Congratulations and good luck! Did you appeal?

Nope didn't appeal.

Can anyone provide me information on how their UCLA interviews went and what to expect. I have an interview this Friday. Interviewfeedback is still down so any info you can post would be helpful. Does anyone know if it is a stress interview?

•Ok, now I am in complete shock. While, most people are waiting to hear about getting in or not, I just received an invitation to interview at UCLA. I called the office and was on hold, and they hung up on me. I thought for sure that this was a rejection, then I decide to get it from the horse's mouth and low and behold they want to interview me. What I don't understand is I got a call back from them asking me to bring my transcripts. Did everyone have this requested of them?

Anyways, I am in complete and utter shock. UCLA only takes 30% of the people they interview so I am not expecting much, but to get an interview at this stage blows me away.•••••They do request transcripts, but I'd never heard of them asking one to bring it with them. I was there just last week and I was not asked to bring mine.

I think they totally by-passed AMCAS this year so they have not checked if the grades you provied on your UC application have been verified or changed by AMCAS.

However, I asked a SDN member, and they were granted an acceptance before UCLA had their transcripts.

•Can anyone provide me information on how their UCLA interviews went and what to expect. I have an interview this Friday. Interviewfeedback is still down so any info you can post would be helpful. Does anyone know if it is a stress interview?•••••I interviewed in early May and the UCLA interview was definitely the least stressful of all of my interviews. It was very conversational. My interviewer went over my application materials prior to the interview and referred to things in my application several times- especially the PS. No stress, he told me that his job was to find out some things about me that would lead him to believe that I would be a good fit for UCLA.

I guess it varies depending on who you get, but it was a piece of cake. Once you get to this stage they pretty much just want to make sure that you are right for the school and vice versa. My interviewer gave me positive feedback at the end of the interview, which is always a good sign because lo and behold- I got an acceptance letter 2 weeks later!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by haughty:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by nray:
•Can anyone provide me information on how their UCLA interviews went and what to expect. I have an interview this Friday. Interviewfeedback is still down so any info you can post would be helpful. Does anyone know if it is a stress interview?•••••I interviewed in early May and the UCLA interview was definitely the least stressful of all of my interviews. It was very conversational. My interviewer went over my application materials prior to the interview and referred to things in my application several times- especially the PS. No stress, he told me that his job was to find out some things about me that would lead him to believe that I would be a good fit for UCLA.

I guess it varies depending on who you get, but it was a piece of cake. Once you get to this stage they pretty much just want to make sure that you are right for the school and vice versa. My interviewer gave me positive feedback at the end of the interview, which is always a good sign because lo and behold- I got an acceptance letter 2 weeks later!•••••Check your pms haughty

Congrats nray! Knock 'em dead! Although I'll miss you..... :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm sooooooooooo happy for you! :D