ucla or nyu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lulubean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just want to hear some of your thoughts...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

lulubean said:
just want to hear some of your thoughts...

thanks!

UCLA, no question about it. NYU is a good school but UCLA is a great school

blump said:
UCLA, no question about it. NYU is a good school but UCLA is a great school

agreed! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA is clearly the better school--except if you want to go into derm NYU has an amazing program. Only other reason I see for NYU is if you perfer the location.

I would love to live in NYC (having lived in CA my whole life), but I would still choose UCLA any day over NYU. Not only does UCLA have what I consider to be a great curriculum, the many thousands of dollars you would save will go a long way in the future. :thumbup:

thanks for the feedback all, i am just having a hard time with the idea of leaving nyc!

do any of you know what the clinical opportunities are like to gain experience with the underserved/uninsured at ucla?

to play devil's advocate, i dont think there is that much of a difference in rep between the two. if it were ucsf v. nyu, thats a different story. i dont think it would be crazy to pick nyu if you really wanted to be in nyc. compare matchlists.

UCLA - no question about it whatsoever.

i dont think there is a question. i currently go to NYU as a graduate student and went to ucla for undergrad...so i cant speak about med school....but overall UCLA is much better. Med school at UCLA is like leaps and bounds better than NYU supposedly too. youll also like westwood (which is so much better than greenwich). if you want to be in NYC...i guess thats the only big advantage that NYU has. LA is a good city too. ha.