UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Thread

Got the emails around 4pm and financial aid emails at 6pm PDT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone! I know this was already asked, but has anyone made a Facebook group or group chat already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current UCLA students here that I could message? Current admitted student, looking for more insight about the school!

Does UCLA usually interview through January or do they send out enough and fill the class with waitlists

Hey, we made an official Facebook page for our incoming D1's!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call to interview for their waitlist in case people decided to give up their spot for the class. They did say their class is already full. Does anyone know how likely it is to get off their waitlist, like based on previous years experience?

I just got a call to interview for their waitlist in case people decided to give up their spot for the class. They did say their class is already full. Does anyone know how likely it is to get off their waitlist, like based on previous years experience?
I was waitlisted last year and never got off.

Those who got interviewed but were not accepted on Dec 15th will be on the waitlist at UCLA. There are about 142 people getting interviewed and the class of 88 is now full, so there may be 54 people on the waitlist :( As far as I know, there are two different waitlists for IS and OOS. If you are IS, your odd of getting off is lower than OOS.

Those who got interviewed but were not accepted on Dec 15th will be on the waitlist at UCLA. There are about 142 people getting interviewed and the class of 88 is now full, so there may be 54 people on the waitlist :( As far as I know, there are two different waitlists for IS and OOS. If you are IS, your odd of getting off is lower than OOS.
That is actually incorrect. They admitted 120 students and 88 committed (this information coming directly from the office of admissions). They interviewed 142. This leaves, give or take, 22 people on the waitlist.

That is actually incorrect. They admitted 120 students and 88 committed (this information coming directly from the office of admissions). They interviewed 142. This leaves, give or take, 22 people on the waitlist.

120 acceptances?
I don’t say your information incorrect but I doubt because the class would be absolutely over-filled with that number. And it is so coincident that the number of committed students equals to the class size!

120 acceptances?
I don’t say your information incorrect but I doubt because the class would be absolutely over-filled with that number. And it is so coincident that the number of committed students equals to the class size!
I was surprised too. But this information came from admissions when I inquired about it. Apparently it is normal that they accept that many students.

I was surprised too. But this information came from admissions when I inquired about it. Apparently it is normal that they accept that many students.
I believe schools are not allowed to accept more students than there are seats. So roughly ~40 or so students have turned down their spot which makes sense given 88/120

I believe schools are not allowed to accept more students than there are seats. So roughly ~40 or so students have turned down their spot which makes sense given 88/120
But UCLA just sent out acceptances on Dec 15th and as far as I observed from SDN, FB, reddit, no one got an offer after that day. Didn't they desperately send out 120 offers on the decision day for a class of 88 seats? :unsure:

But UCLA just sent out acceptances on Dec 15th and as far as I observed from SDN, FB, reddit, no one got an offer after that day. Didn't they desperately send out 120 offers on the decision day for a class of 88 seats? :unsure:
Would be weird for them to desperately send out out 120 acceptances, I don’t think they need to. I would be hurt to receive an acceptance and not be able to confirm my seat because they sent out more than anticipated. This isn’t an airline, I don’t think they’ll “overbook” their class. But who knows, maybe they did 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Would be weird for them to desperately send out out 120 acceptances, I don’t think they need to. I would be hurt to receive an acceptance and not be able to confirm my seat because they sent out more than anticipated. This isn’t an airline, I don’t think they’ll “overbook” their class. But who knows, maybe they did 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Im sure they have done from experience. Although UCLA is an amazing school its not everyone’s number one. I have many friends who have placed a deposit at UCLA and UOP or UCSF and leaning towards the other alternative. They just sent out more interviews for the waitlist because historically ucla is known to end their interviews early.

Anyone knows what UCLA think about letter of intent or letter of interest?

My mentor who is a D3 at UCLA once told me a letter of interest wouldn't hurt. I would suggest doing so after your interview and sending it along with a thank-you email. Best of luck!

My mentor who is a D3 at UCLA once told me a letter of interest wouldn't hurt. I would suggest doing so after your interview and sending it along with a thank-you email. Best of luck!
Good to know! Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if more interviews will be sent out yet? Or has anyone started getting rejections without interviews already?

Does anyone know if more interviews will be sent out yet? Or has anyone started getting rejections without interviews already?
it would be extremely uncommon for a public school to still be giving out interview invites in mid march...

Does anyone know until when students holding multiple seats will have to make a final decision for UCLA? Or if there has been movement.

Does anyone know until when students holding multiple seats will have to make a final decision for UCLA? Or if there has been movement.
March 5'th is when dental schools knew the names of those holding multiple seats, and according to the ADEA guidelines, those students have a minimum of 15 days to make a final decision before the offer gets taken away. So they had until yesterday to make a final decision.

I withdrew my seat two weeks ago, but I still receive a daily email from UCLA requesting financial information––I emailed their financial aid office in addition to their admissions office when I withdrew. I share this because maybe they are still working on sending out their next acceptances despite students withdrawing their seats. UCLA is an amazing school, but they are not very prompt or easy to get in contact with.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it safe to say UCLA is done giving out interview invites lol

Is it safe to say UCLA is done giving out interview invites lol

Yea I sent an email in January asking a question about admissions and they just replied last week saying the class is full and I should receive a rejection soon lol

Reactions: 2 users