UCLA Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my LORs about a month ago but it still says "requested" on the status page. Should I try to re-send them? They don't answer status questions. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my LORs about a month ago but it still says "requested" on the status page. Should I try to re-send them? They don't answer status questions. :(

Hmm that is weird. My LOR status was updated pretty quickly after I sent them (like within a week). I would go ahead and resend.

You say they won't answer your status questions I assume you mean by email - have you tried calling them?

it says on the status page "We do not answer status requests by phone or e-mail."
The address I send to is:
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Office of Admissions
Box 957035
12-105 Center for the Health Sciences
Los Angeles, California 90095-7035
Right???

Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldn't consider this a status question, it's more of a "are my letters missing". UCLA wants 5 working days to process items. That still leaves three weeks for the letters to make it there (I would guess you sent them from the east coast).
Personally, I'd wait until next week before calling them to make sure; much nicer to say "over a month" than "one month" when you're inquiring.

it says on the status page "We do not answer status requests by phone or e-mail."
The address I send to is:
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Office of Admissions
Box 957035
12-105 Center for the Health Sciences
Los Angeles, California 90095-7035
Right???

DAVID GEFFEN SCHOOL OF MED-UCLA
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
BOX 957035
12-105 CENTER FOR HEALTH SCIENCES
LOS ANGELES, CA 90095-7035

Yup thats right.

And when I read we will not answer status questions by phone or email I always figured they meant "OK OBSESSIVE PREMEDS DOO NOT CALL US EVERY WEEK AFTER YOUR INTERVIEW OR AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR SECONDARY ASKING US IF YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED OR GOTTEN AN INTERVIEW YET - WE WON'T TELL YOU!" I think calling them and saying I already sent in my LORs but its hasn't shown up in a month and I'm concerned as to if I should resend them would be fine. Its not really a status question.

Mine were mailed out 8/29 and acknowledge 9/1 so it definitely should NOT take a full month.

But then they don't have any contact info on the website.
hmmm maybe I did't search hard enough.

Thank you btw :)

But then they don't have any contact info on the website.
hmmm maybe I did't search hard enough.

Thank you btw :)

Try this one:

Lili Fobert
Department Address: 12-109 Center for Health Sciences
Phone: 310-825-6081
Fax: 310-206-5046
Mail Code: 703516

OR even better email!

[email protected]

Yes I e-mailed them.
Thank you angel~ :D

BTW I am a Cali person. So it shouldn't take more than a day or two.