UCLA (Traditional MD) vs. Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedMiraclePhoenix

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are down to the wire folks... from 13 As down to 2! I have until April 30th to decide!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I vote UCLA - p/f clerkships is huge!!! + nice weather (also wow congrats on full rides)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Each option is great, so it depends on what factors you prioritize. I vote Pitt b/c its cons are less significant than UCLA's. Pitt has the lower COL, less traffic & better public transit, & you seem to like the city better than LA (in general). Support is essential, so being closer to family & feeling more supported by the school seem huge. It doesn't snow in Pitt as much as one might think. Research is great at both schools; not that it means much but Pitt is slightly higher ranked in NIH funding.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt, it seems that you’d feel more supported and comfortable there

UCLA the location is better plus p/f clerkships. And they have more urm students

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I vote UCLA - p/f clerkships is huge!!! + nice weather (also wow congrats on full rides)
I agree, so much less stress when everything is PF. And the research year is huge if you want to pursue something competitive as most people take a 5th year for that. Congratulations on both schools regardless!

• Love
If you want to pursue something competitive, UCLA wins with its P/F.

If you’re dead-set on primary care or anything noncompetitive, Pitt is better with its supportive environment, feeling more support while you go there anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I would vote for Pitt. Both are great choices with great research opportunities. but I feel like the pros you listed for Pitt are more significant. It sounds like you would be happy there