ucla, ucd interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarlGrey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who've interviewed at UCLA and/or UCD, could you share with us the timeline/process after you submitted your secondaries?

Both schools have had all my materials for over two months now and I haven't heard anything, no rejection, no waitlist, no interview, nothin'....

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

UCD: My app was complete about 10/23 and I have heard nothing from them either. I did call them today and they said that they were sending out quite a few e-mails with rejections today. They are behind with the interview scheduling because they are booked up through the first part of January or so.

UCLA: My app was complete on 10/22/01 and they made a decision to interview me on about 11/08/01. It finally was scheduled for 12/07/01

Hope that helps.

Thanks Epi. Anyone else interviewed at these places or still waiting to hear? I've got emails off to them to try to find out what's up, but have been reluctant to pick up a phone and call.

Members don't see this ad :)
damn UCLA hasn't even sent me secondaries! Guess they don't want out of staters regardless of what they say on thier website!

let's see

UC app completed 8/22
secondary completed 9/19
notified of interview beginning of Nov.
interview scheduled for Jan. 14, notified first week of december

I am an out of state applicant

Hey Joe Rese,
They may have selected you for further review and you just havn't yet received thier letter via snail mail. If you go to the UCLA Med Admissions webpage, they have an application status database. I went there to check on mine and found out they wanted me to complete the secondary app. I didn't receive thier letter instructing me to do this until about a month later--so check it out. Go to <a href="http://www.ucla.edu." target="_blank">www.ucla.edu.</a> Click on addmisions, then click medical school admissions. Then click on 2002 application status database, or something like that. Good Luck!!
<a href="http://www.ucla.edu" target="_blank">web page</a>

OK..I went a head and called the admissions office. I had the UCLA application in early september, completely verified AMCAS in early october. They told me I'm in review and should hear about a secondary in about a month and a half! wow...and I thought I had everything in quite early (orignial amcas was in early July). If I could understand the process...

Sun devil, eh? Must have choked down the UA/ASU football game.

I'd like to just forget it ever happened. I don't think your season was anything to brag about either. It's nice to see other Arizonians joining and posting. Good luck with all your apps/interviews (even if you are from UA).

I'll have to agree. We did have a crappy season, but we won the only game that counts. Do scum devils get to claim disadvantaged status on their AMCAS applications? Just kidding. Good luck with the rest of the process.

the gloves are comin off ;)

Bring it on! :)