UCLA vs Stanford (WL) vs Pitt (WL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BreadMan

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Let us know if you get off the waitlists. Sounds like you should turn down Pitt.

Waitlist movement for Stanford specifically happens at two points in May, hence why I made this post now to help myself make a decision before then. Likewise, if UCLA is indeed the right move, I’d rather begin getting prepared for that well before May.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist movement for Stanford specifically happens at two points in May, hence why I made this post now to help myself make a decision before then. Likewise, if UCLA is indeed the right move, I’d rather begin getting prepared for that well before May.
I think the diversity of clinic rotations for Stanford will be comparable to UCLA. Traffic is horrible throughout the Bay Area, and it is the most expensive place to live in the country.

Congrats on the As!

I don’t think matching back the Southeast will be a problem for any of these schools. For UCLA, I believe 4th year electives are tiered grading (so that's something to keep in mind). Also, know that even though you have a "free" year that means that all pre-clinicals are crammed into 1 year which can be a pro or con depending on your learning style.
Stanford is also huge for clinical training so I don't think you'll me missing out. Tbh LA traffic is not any better than traffic in the Bay area, this is just a California thing. Also if your gonna go into academics, prestige and brand name definitely play a role for some things. And you said you had a mentor at Stanford which is already a nice start to networking.
Now, you said your family is closest to Pitt, having a support system close to home is a huge deal especially if you are thinking about starting a family soon after.
Overall, evaluate your costs (because a lot of money goes into starting a family) and if you get off the waitlists I think maybe Stanford > UCLA > Pitt.