UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UCLA??? I know they started (supposedly) to send out decision letters in mid January but I haven't heard of anyone receiving anything. Please post if you do!!!

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

By January 15 acceptance offers will be made and by March 15 there will be 121 (class size) acceptance offers made. Wait list established February to March. Rejection letters sent beginning in January; all non-accepts informed by July. Don't hold your breath.

What's your top choice? I saw you interviewed quite many diff places? and are you a bruin too? I am a bruin.
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Ryu:

Right now it's looking like it's going to be Hopkins. So I'm trying to get used to the idea.

I'm actually not a Bruin, I'm a little farther south.
biggrin.gif

Ryu...you are a bruin?! You are soo lucky. Did you go to UCLA for undergrad or med? Either way you are soo lucky! If you don't mind what was your SAT/ACt score and gpa in high school that got you into the undergrad school? Do you think a person with a low sat score (950) and a fairly high GPA (3.5) and with many extracurricular activities (15+), will have a good chance of going ot UCLA as an undergrad? thanks!

Originally posted by silver_eyess:
Ryu...you are a bruin?! You are soo lucky. Did you go to UCLA for undergrad or med? Either way you are soo lucky! If you don't mind what was your SAT/ACt score and gpa in high school that got you into the undergrad school? Do you think a person with a low sat score (950) and a fairly high GPA (3.5) and with many extracurricular activities (15+), will have a good chance of going ot UCLA as an undergrad? thanks!

silver-eyess: "Hi people,
i just got my SAT scores back i was crying i still am . I got a $%#* 920! I am not dumb or anything i am just not the person who does well on this useless tests! I got a 460, 490 and a 510 on my sat subject tests. I have a 3.5 GPA. My first is UCLA but that is long gone since i saw my sat I scores. My other choice is UCD also UoP...? (university of the pacific in stockton, california?? Heard of it?) I will be so greatful if i got accepted to at least one (UCD). Do u think i have a chance. I have a fairly good extra. cirr record and good volunteering thingy (at san jose medical with 200+ hours), have been going to islamic school for 12 years and quranic studies for the past 7 years. I have a great essay also. I am so scared that while i am writing this my hands are shaking. Do u think i have any chance of getting accpted to UCD or UoP or even UCLA? Thanks!
------------------
Future Cardiothoractic surgeon or general surgeon...right now, senior in high school. pakistani-american and 17 years old."

silver-eyess: "are you guys talking talking about being interviewed for med school at dartmouth? i got recruited from that school for undergrad. is it any good?
-Rayhana"

Rayhana: "Hey do you guys like my figure is ok (33/24/34? Not too big hips? I am 5'7 and under 120lbs."

Dear Rayhana,

You've asked the same question about ten times now. You've gotten at least fifteen different responses. Please stop asking the same questions and posting questions dealing with highschool issues. As many people have suggested, there are several forums dealing with dating and highschool issues. Additionally, instead of asking the same question ten times, why don't you try going to US News and World Report and look up admission statistics.
I'm not trying to be mean, but your questions and posts would be better suited for another forum. For the last time, you have absolutely no chance at UCLA and probably no chance at most of the other UCs. Don't take this personally, please take at least one suggestion that you've been given.

P.S. You asked people in the Everyone forum why they are ignoring your posts, it is because of at least 100 posts like this. Please don't start again on another section of StudentDoctor.com.

[This message has been edited by loukary (edited 01-26-2001).]