Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone receive an interview invitation in the last week?

Members don't see this ad.

I received something in the mail yesterday...the website updated mid-last week...Good luck!

I have received... only silence :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Elastase said:
I received something in the mail yesterday...the website updated mid-last week...Good luck!

Congratulations! Yea, I look at the status page everyday hoping for it to change :rolleyes:

That is exactly what I had been doing! I checked it in the morning the day of and there was nothing, then in the evening with no expectation for it to change, and it changed! Good luck!

Elastase said:
That is exactly what I had been doing! I checked it in the morning the day of and there was nothing, then in the evening with no expectation for it to change, and it changed! Good luck!
When were you complete, Elastase?

It would be helpful if everyone could post when they were complete! =)

I was complete on 9/22. Still no word.

complete since 8/26, nothing yet.

I do not have the exact date at hand, but definitely the last week of September or early October. Sorry for not including that earlier, I hope that helps. Good luck!

cHocoBo 118 said:
I was one of the fortunate ones to receive an interview invite last week.

complete on 11/7/05. Received invite on 11/28/05 for interview on 12/1/05.

when did you submit amcas and when were you invited to fill out a secondary? i have a little theory that i am trying to test

uclaguy32 said:
anyone receive an interview invitation in the last week?

Secondary sent to me 8/12/05
Secondary completed 9/21/05
Interview requested 11/29/05
Interview scheduled 12/12/05
Keep hope alive, there's quite a bit of waiting involved.

cHocoBo 118 said:
I was verified sometime around 7/5/05. Took a whoppin 4 months for them to request a secondary from me. But ever since, their turnaround time for me has been well beyond satisfactory. oh i received my secondary invite about a week before the completion, so i think 10/29 ish?

thank you chocoBo! you saved my confidence. i have a really similar timeline to yours (got a secondary the same day as you, submitted amcas in late june) but was a little later in sending mine out. i was worried that getting a secondary so late was a sign of me not being a strong applicant, so its good to see that the same thing happened to you.

anyway, good luck to you on your interview! which UCs have you interviewed at?

The time it takes you to submit your secondary probably does not correlate with interview invite. I also sent mine in about a month after secondary invite...I think it just depends if you make a certain time slot where they begin dispersing applications to reviewers...

I got a UCLA secondary today! I really didn't think it could happen! woo hooooo (ok: reality check, there are a dozen not-so-easy essay questions, and I'm leaving the country in 10 days, so i have to BURN through them). Good luck to the folks still waiting!
:D

Congrats! Hopefully more of you here hear good news! :luck:

Arachnia said:
I got a UCLA secondary today! I really didn't think it could happen! woo hooooo (ok: reality check, there are a dozen not-so-easy essay questions, and I'm leaving the country in 10 days, so i have to BURN through them). Good luck to the folks still waiting!
:D

haha very nice. congrats. Dont worry, when i got my secondary after a 4-month long wait, i reacted like it was an acceptance letter.