UConn Secondary for out-of-staters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncalcate

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All,

Has any out-of-stater received a secondary from UConn? I am a MA resident and my AMCAS app was verified on 8/15, but I have yet to receive anything from UConn.

I've tried calling the Admissions Office but I always get a voice mail of an Admissions Officer. Never do I get a live person.

Anyone else experiencing this? Does UConn screen out-of-staters?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure UConn doesn't screen. They were the first secondary I received and I don't think I was even verified at that point. Not only that, but they sent me an e-mail that said something to the effect of: get in your secondary already! we want to interview you. lol... i hadn't really been planning on finishing the 6 semi-annoying essays. All in all the secondary wasn't too painful tho. You should definitely go ahead and get it in, I'm sure they'll be happy to have it.
Here's a link:
UConn secondary
Good luck and have fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
doh... too slow :cool:

has any out of staters been rejected or interviewed yet? My application has been complete for over 2 months and no word. Thanks

Jeff

I am an out of stater and I received UConn first....is your email on AMCAS valid?

i've recieved their secondary and sent it in...just no word yet either way. Thanks

jeff

My AMCAS email is valid. I have received emails from most of the other schools to which I applied - OSU, Mt. Sinai, UMich, etc. So there's no problem there. Unless of course Yahoo's spam blocker put UConn's email in the spam folder.

I'll call the Admissions Office tomorrow and leave a voice mail. Hopefully they'll call me back.

Thanks for all your input!!