Ucsd 2008?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LCSD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has been accepted to/plans to attend UCSD in 2008?

Members don't see this ad.

right now it is my top choice of my 5 acceptances.

Othere schools that could compete if i am accepted:
Cornell
Harvard
NYU

Maybe Duke or Yale, but we'll see....

Members don't see this ad :)
i envy all of you...

I was accepted and am really excited about the school!

I am starting to think that I will perhaps not receive a secondary from UCSD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOT GO UCSD Med!!!

(from an undergrad) :thumbup:

anyone planning on calling tomorrow for a decision?

I'm planning on waiting a polite half an hour past the 12:00 noon decision time we were given, then calling about 12:30PM. I am SOOOOOO anxious. This is what I've been waiting for my whole life!

P.S....good luck to everyone who is also waiting! I hope we will be classmates next year!

I'll call right after you! good luck!!!

I don't mind being the first! Good luck to all of us!!!!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IN!!! Let me hear a shout out from the rest of you!!! The best day of my life!

FutureMDDerm? Any news? I'm thinking about you and hoping for your acceptance!:luck::luck::luck:

Thanks, yellowumbrella. Your profile is awesome! Congrats on all your success! Hope to see you next year!:hardy::hardy::hardy:

I'm in!!! And likely going to go hear unless I get in to UCLA (or Stanford somehow decides to interview me.)

But I'm really psyched about UCSD!!!!! It's an amazing school... this is what I've worked for the last 21 years!!!!

Corker... did we interview on the same day? November 6th? who were you?

I PM'd you, futureMDderm. Hey, did anybody else get good news today? Oh, and thanks, lord jeebus. I see you're an MS 4, so I guess we won't see you at UCSD next year (I'm assuming you attend there.) Thanks for stopping in to offer encouragement!

The news is just starting to sink in. Wow, UCSD....yea baby.

for those who got in mind sharing what your application stats were like? i'm just curious because i go to ucsd for undergrad and i want to know what kind of stats the entering classes have.

I PM'd you, futureMDderm. Hey, did anybody else get good news today? Oh, and thanks, lord jeebus. I see you're an MS 4, so I guess we won't see you at UCSD next year (I'm assuming you attend there.) Thanks for stopping in to offer encouragement!

The news is just starting to sink in. Wow, UCSD....yea baby.

Well I'm hoping to stick around for residency so who knows when our paths might cross...

for those who got in mind sharing what your application stats were like? i'm just curious because i go to ucsd for undergrad and i want to know what kind of stats the entering classes have.

36/4.0 from a top undergrad school

I thought I'd get in on this, even though I'm not going to the med school (yet)... I'll be transferring in as an undergrad in 08. Go seahorse, tritons, or whatever the mascot is.

Haha 3.35/29 with a compelling story.

I was looking back on other threads from previous classes at UCSD and saw that first quarter CBB is pass/fail only (no honors). I guess honors/pass/fail doesn't start until second quarter. Is that true? That would be great news.:D

I was looking back on other threads from previous classes at UCSD and saw that first quarter CBB is pass/fail only (no honors). I guess honors/pass/fail doesn't start until second quarter. Is that true? That would be great news.:D

That's correct. Just don't fall into the trap that I did of slacking because it's P/F and some people think the material won't be on the boards (because it will).

H/P/F isn't bad -- shooting for honors is a good way to ensure that you learn everything really well, even if you don't get the H in the end. Ultmately prelinical grades are meaningless; particularly here where there is no class rank and no AOA.

Also, don't be one of the people who decides that honors is so important that they focus on one class for honors, at the cost of their basic learning in another subject. Learning everything equally well is much better than getting a couple of H's.

That's great advice!

Thanks again. As I think of other questions, I will ask.

Just thought I'd refresh the thread. Did anyone get any news today? It's been a week since the last adcom meeting.

By the way, thank you also to Shianproud and jr doctor in sd for your PM's and congrats! I hope you both get admitted in upcoming years.

I sent in my intent to matriculate today. Getting more and more excited.:love:Ahhh....San Diego, my love....I am coming to you soon....

Just thought I'd refresh the thread. Did anyone get any news today? It's been a week since the last adcom meeting.

By the way, thank you also to Shianproud and jr doctor in sd for your PM's and congrats! I hope you both get admitted in upcoming years.

I sent in my intent to matriculate today. Getting more and more excited.:love:Ahhh....San Diego, my love....I am coming to you soon....

Woot!!! Congrats again!

If anyone matriculating (or thinking about it) to UCSD that has Qs can feel free to PM me! :thumbup: