UCSD Extension for Pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplepuppy391

Reaction score
Has anyone taken UCSD's extension courses to satisfy course requirements for med school? Did you have any issues with schools accepting them?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of the schools you applied to say they don’t accept online courses?
Let's see... (Sorry if formatting is weird, on mobile)

Looking at MSAR, of my 6 IIs:
- 3 schools say online courses "Accepted" (my 2 As are at these types of schools)
- 1 (T20) school says "case-by-case"
- 1 (T20) school doesn't have specific "requirements" (just recommendations) and left that section of MSAR blank
- 1 school doesn't accept online coursework, but I withdrew my application after receiving an A at a school I liked more, so I don't know what that would look like after I had interviewed.

Yes I've taken some. No, no issues this far. Sitting on 2 Acceptances and 6 interview invites.

Did you take the Lab portions of the courses online there as well? At least for GChem and Bio, as I don't see OChem or Physics having Lab options. If so, how was having to do them at home with the lab kit?

Did you take the Lab portions of the courses online there as well? At least for GChem and Bio, as I don't see OChem or Physics having Lab options. If so, how was having to do them at home with the lab kit?
I did not. I did do an online Microbio class (combined lec & lab) thru a different school, and found the at-home lab fine.

Caveat for all of this - I'm a non-trad career-changer, so YMMV.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m doing the gchem at home lab in this upcoming quarter, so I can let you know in a few months!

Reactions: 1 user