UCSD Acceptable Pool....Any Movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cal7449

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has gotten in off the "acceptable pool" recently. I know that most movement won't occur until after May 15th, but I think I remember some people getting in several weeks ago.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My roommate got off the waitlist pool about a week after I was accepted myself back in mid-February. Her turn around was about a month after she was placed on the waiting list. Good luck.

I was just wondering if anyone has done anything to increase their chances of being taken off the the acceptable pool list? anyone write letters? to who? I don't think Dr. Resnick likes me so I don't think that's a good place for me to start (I interviewed with him, and I heard that you're a shoe-in if you get one with him!).

thanks everyone! I like this bb idea so I'm excited to add to the forum! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was pulled off of it about two weeks ago, and turned in my withdrawal about a week ago...

I just received the "Please give me a call" email from Dr. Resnik so hopefully, that means I got in! I interviewed way back in November and found out I was in the acceptable pool in mid-December. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Just got that same email! I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out.

moongirl,

I was just about to write a letter to Dr. Resnik expressing my continuing interest. I think it is a good idea, especially if UCSD is your top choice (be sure to tell them that). It can only help you, and I don't think it can do any harm.

Good luck.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by meals:
•I just received the "Please give me a call" email from Dr. Resnik so hopefully, that means I got in! I interviewed way back in November and found out I was in the acceptable pool in mid-December. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!•••••Same thing for me. They better be there tomorrow morning! They sent me the email at like 5pm on the dot this evening so they were not in the office when I gave them a call... I swear... they are out to prolong the torture for us!

I GOT THE SAME EMAIL! If it is "good news" I want to thank those that were genereous enough to withdraw thier application before the May 15th deadline!

jmejia1 & kitt-kitty,
when did both of you interview? i interviewed in mid-feb and was wondering if they had sent anything to that group. thanx

The email should mean an acceptance for you guys. Congratulations!

Those of you who received emails from Dr. Resnik, can you let us know when you interviewed? Did you do anything post-interview to improve your chance of getting that coveted acceptance?

Thanks

I was placed on the waitlist in december, and got off the waitlist in January....

I interviewed 11/19. I didn't do anything to update my file or indicate interest in UCSD. My theory is that they finished up with their interviews and had an idea of how many spots they had left. They pulled people out of the acceptable pool to fill those spots. Good luck to you!!

i interviewed early november, waitlisted late december, got accepted yesterday! woohoo!

ps. i did not send a letter of interest, though i was about to

Hi everyone, congratulations on your acceptances. I am an UCSD acceptee and I want to know how many of you are going to UCSD for sure. I would have gone to UCLA if they had shown me any love :(. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to UCSD and hope to meet some of you at the August orientation. I don't think UCSD has a second-look weekend thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think only these juggernauts schools like UCSF and Stanford have the second-look weekend.

the reason that you guys are getting in is not because ucsd is done interviewing (at least they better not be). i have an interview this coming monday. april fools day....DAMN!!!!

kim_l,

I interviewed 1/10 and was put in the pool on 1/31.

I was actually sitting in front of my computer just about to write a letter of interest to Dr. Resnik when I got the "give me a call" email.