UCSD Acceptable Pool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted from the list yet?

Are they accepting now or are they waiting until May?

By the way, do they tell you where you are on the list if you call them?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

they won't tell you where you are on the list
i'm not sure if that's because they don't rank or if we're just not allowed to know.

i just interviewed there. per admissions, after the interview you get a final points total. if it meets a minimum, you get an immediate acceptance. (the minority) if not, you are placed in the acceptable pool in point/rank order. if your score is to low, you get an immediate rejection. so yes, they will take people out of the acceptable pool. let's say they drop the minimum points for accpetance down; those in the acceptable pool that meet the minimum will get acceptances, etc. i was told (not by admissions) that they are putting a lot of people in the acceptable pool to ensure they get a good look at the applicant pool before filling their class due to the amcas problems.

i just interviewed there. per admissions, after the interview you get a final points total. if it meets a minimum, you get an immediate acceptance. (the minority) if not, you are placed in the acceptable pool in point/rank order. if your score is to low, you get an immediate rejection. so yes, they will take people out of the acceptable pool. let's say they drop the minimum points for accpetance down; those in the acceptable pool that meet the minimum will get acceptances, etc. i was told (not by admissions) that they are putting a lot of people in the acceptable pool to ensure they get a good look at the applicant pool before filling their class due to the amcas problems.