UCSD Acceptable Pool

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sammmeyeam, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member

Has anyone been accepted from the list yet?

Are they accepting now or are they waiting until May?

By the way, do they tell you where you are on the list if you call them?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vyc

vyc Senior Member

they won't tell you where you are on the list
    i'm not sure if that's because they don't rank or if we're just not allowed to know.

4. Keith

Keith Senior Member

i just interviewed there. per admissions, after the interview you get a final points total. if it meets a minimum, you get an immediate acceptance. (the minority) if not, you are placed in the acceptable pool in point/rank order. if your score is to low, you get an immediate rejection. so yes, they will take people out of the acceptable pool. let's say they drop the minimum points for accpetance down; those in the acceptable pool that meet the minimum will get acceptances, etc. i was told (not by admissions) that they are putting a lot of people in the acceptable pool to ensure they get a good look at the applicant pool before filling their class due to the amcas problems.

5. Keith

Keith Senior Member

i just interviewed there. per admissions, after the interview you get a final points total. if it meets a minimum, you get an immediate acceptance. (the minority) if not, you are placed in the acceptable pool in point/rank order. if your score is to low, you get an immediate rejection. so yes, they will take people out of the acceptable pool. let's say they drop the minimum points for accpetance down; those in the acceptable pool that meet the minimum will get acceptances, etc. i was told (not by admissions) that they are putting a lot of people in the acceptable pool to ensure they get a good look at the applicant pool before filling their class due to the amcas problems.