UCSD Acceptance/Waitlist Poll Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD Attendance/Waitlist Poll

• Accepted and will attend

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Accepted and may withdraw

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Accepted and will withdraw

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Waitlisted and will definitely attend

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Waitlisted and may attend

• Waitlisted and will not attend

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would definitely like to know where people stand.

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptable pool and UCSD is my number one choice.. I am not looking forward to the wave of rejection letters that will be sent soon though :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptable pooled but will probably withdraw. Staying for the moment since there's no reason not too.

So no accepted that will definitely withdraw?

So.... May 15 in approaching..

According to a current medical student, the first batch of offers should be sent out May 17th to those in the pool. Good luck all!

So no accepted that will definitely withdraw?

I just withdrew...it was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make this cycle but at least it frees up a spot for someone else. Good luck to everyone and I hope all of you still waiting end up getting an offer here! UCSD school is absolutely amazing! :)

I just withdrew...it was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make this cycle but at least it frees up a spot for someone else. Good luck to everyone and I hope all of you still waiting end up getting an offer here! UCSD school is absolutely amazing! :)
Good luck at UCLA!

According to a current medical student, the first batch of offers should be sent out May 17th to those in the pool. Good luck all!

if there are open spots, though. any one know if there are open spots as of today?

does anyone know how the waitlist offer process at ucsd? Will they be sent by email or phone call? Looking forward to hearing how many spots are/will be open tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

its already July, and I havent heard from them. Have anyone waitlisted been contacted since June-july?

its already July, and I havent heard from them. Have anyone waitlisted been contacted since June-july?

i was accepted off the waitlist on 6/24. at that time, the list had been trimmed from 400 down to 55. there's still hope!

Hi guys,

There doesn't seem to be too many people posting who were once waitlisted and are now accepted. Just wanted to keep up the hope amongst those who are still in the "acceptable pool". I know its already July but miracles can definitely happen!! I was accepted June 16 when I was already beginning to believe that it wasn't going to happen. If that doesn't resonate with you, try this: I know an MS2 who received a call some time in July of 2008 from Dr. Kelly 2 days before he was taking off to Georgetown. So keep your hope alive because it IS possible!

For all those who have been accepted from the waitlist, Congrats!!! See you all in about a 7 weeks!

:soexcited:

I will be withdrawing from UCSD and that will open up a spot. From my experience getting off the waitlist at another school, conveying your enthusiasm (to the point of assuring you will accept if offered) is helpful. Also, keep in mind, it's what you can offer their program, i.e. how you see yourself serving as a leader in the class, in the changes in the curriculum and in the overall personality of the class toward a more well-rounded, broad-backgrounded candidate, rather than simply how much you want to go to their school, that really resonates. They're building something new and special here at UCSD and are looking for others who want to join the revolution ;-) Forget the stereotypes of UCSD Med students, it's a whole new ballgame here now...

Good luck to all,

R

Status
Not open for further replies.