Ucsd C/o 2009!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some M2s are going to a club in the Gaslamp called Deco's this Saturday. PM me for/with details.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, any recommendations on which internet service provider to get? I have a cell phone so I don't plan on having a phone at home. Any ISP (dsl, broadband) that does not require a phone line?

sdnstud said:
Hey guys, any recommendations on which internet service provider to get? I have a cell phone so I don't plan on having a phone at home. Any ISP (dsl, broadband) that does not require a phone line?

hey bud, you dont need a phone line. I visited best buy to check out that crazy dsl yahoo deal and it doesnt work in most places, so you have to look into that. if you find anything, keep us posted :)

b

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two major ISP's in San Diego:

1. COX - which is the best by far (cheapest with the best options and fastest internet), but you can't get it if you are north of the I-8 (so most of SD can't get it).

2. Time Warner - most ppl in La Jolla have this one - I use it myself; it's pretty fast, not too expensive, and rather reliable.

For cellphones, I would suggest Cingular/ATT or Verizon, as those have signal towers in the UCSD Price Center, so you can get a signal pretty much everywhere. Cingular/ATT is a better service here at UCSD.

sdnstud said:

kourinnoseiji said:
There are two major ISP's in San Diego:

1. COX - which is the best by far (cheapest with the best options and fastest internet), but you can't get it if you are north of the I-8 (so most of SD can't get it).

2. Time Warner - most ppl in La Jolla have this one - I use it myself; it's pretty fast, not too expensive, and rather reliable.

For cellphones, I would suggest Cingular/ATT or Verizon, as those have signal towers in the UCSD Price Center, so you can get a signal pretty much everywhere. Cingular/ATT is a better service here at UCSD.

We have SBC Yahoo for DSL, and I have T-Mobile for cell phone service, no complaints here.

another question: how many of you are already in San Diego? I will be moving down this weekend. Is that too early?

sdnstud said:
another question: how many of you are already in San Diego? I will be moving down this weekend. Is that too early?

im moving down monday, i say come down a week before orientation to get ur bed and all your stuff in order before orientation.

hamid

Hey Guys!
I wasnt sure how else to find this person...she is an old friend that I have lost contact with and I'm trying to get a hold of her now. I have heard that she is starting medical school at UCSD this month...her name is tara khan. Does anyone have a class list that might be able to tell me whether or not she is in the UCSD class of '09.
Thanks for the help :)

aristotle69 said:
Hey Guys!
I wasnt sure how else to find this person...she is an old friend that I have lost contact with and I'm trying to get a hold of her now. I have heard that she is starting medical school at UCSD this month...her name is tara khan. Does anyone have a class list that might be able to tell me whether or not she is in the UCSD class of '09.
Thanks for the help :)

Hmmm... sounds stalker-ish to me.

passthesashimi said:
would be cool to have a class list

you'll get one of those on day 1. if you ask me, they give out way too much personal information in that list.

by the way: for DSL you can sign up at Best Buy for YahooSBC and get a nice deal. $15/mo for a 12 month contact, plus a $75 gift cert to Best Buy. you do need an SBC landline for DSL, but you probably qualify for the "low income" service which charges $5/mo for unlimited calls or $3/mo for 60 outgoing calls.

Newquagmire said:
you'll get one of those on day 1. if you ask me, they give out way too much personal information in that list.

by the way: for DSL you can sign up at Best Buy for YahooSBC and get a nice deal. $15/mo for a 12 month contact, plus a $75 gift cert to Best Buy. you do need an SBC landline for DSL, but you probably qualify for the "low income" service which charges $5/mo for unlimited calls or $3/mo for 60 outgoing calls.

why do u know so much already... have u been stalking 2nd yrs.. :eek:

Newquagmire said:

thanks for the info Newquagmire. I just moved down to SD today..gonna explore the area tomorrow. Anyone wanna meet up later this week?

i am moving in on thursday, but need some help with the heavier items. if anyone is willing to help for 2 or 3 hours, i will pay you. 40 bucks? i would rather pay someone from the school than some random person off the street.

PM me if interested. my apartment is near lebon and nobel intersection.

y