UCSD secondary

Started by Trisana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trisana

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?
 
Trisana said:
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?

I'd say medical. Community service would be habitat for humanity or YMCA. Anything where you work within healthcare, I would say fits in medical/clinical. G'luck- it's a long secondary.
 
thanks

Sorry for all the questions but I'm slightly confused by the wording for this one:

for the Dual Degree Boxes, the first option is: Independent advanced degree and Ph.D. programs: Besides UCSD's NIH supported Medical Scientist Training Program there are a number of other pathways leading to a graduate degree. Medical students may opt to pursue advanced training leading to a M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in any of the UCSD science or engineering programs. These are individually developed for medical students on a case-by-case basis.

Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trisana said:
Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?

I am an incoming UCSD MSTP and when I filled out the secondary, i didnt check any of those boxes. Their computer already knows if you're MSTP, but if you're not, they want to know if you are interested in any other dual-degree programs.