UCSD- when did you interview and when did you hear back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

Eraserhead

I've heard of several acceptances being sent and I haven't heard back either way. I was there on 10/6, so I'm just wondering if I should have heard back by now.

The school is closed down because of the SoCal fires, so I can't call them....

Congratulations to those who did get an acceptance already.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD has closed for the fire...so chances are they aren't mailing out anything for a little while...classes are cancelled and so are most admin office.
good luck.

Right, I know this... but I'm pretty sure people who interviewed after me did hear back already. Just checking to see what's going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview 9/17-18; heard back 10/24; letter dated 10/17; this was MsTP though

hope this helps

I just withdrew my application from UCSD and UC Davis because they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, I walked by the admissions office at UCSD after lunch today, and from what I could see through the window, it looked like they were pretty busy going through file folders. Something's a-happenin', so keep up the faith!

Originally posted by Slickness
I just withdrew my application from UCSD and UC Davis because they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

YOU ARE VERY BRAVE, SLICKNESS. Even the Cheap UC tuition can't keep you?

Originally posted by lessismoe
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, I walked by the admissions office at UCSD after lunch today, and from what I could see through the window, it looked like they were pretty busy going through file folders. Something's a-happenin', so keep up the faith!

Hope it's not a wave of rejections!! :eek: :(

Originally posted by calebho501
YOU ARE VERY BRAVE, SLICKNESS. Even the Cheap UC tuition can't keep you?
:laugh: Actually, UCSD and UC Davis both did not have the courtesy of giving me a secondary application even though they had my primary application since July.

Originally posted by JonnieQuest
UCSD has closed for the fire...so chances are they aren't mailing out anything for a little while...classes are cancelled and so are most admin office.
good luck.

Yeah I just got an email from them today about a question I asked yesterday night.

I talked to Yvonne Coleman and she said that the final review for anyone who has interviewed thus far will meet on Nov. 10th, so you could call on Nov. 11th to find out.

They were supposed to have a final review on Oct. 27th, but that was cancelled because of the fires.

So keep your fingers crossed and good luck to y'all!

Originally posted by Eveangel
I talked to Yvonne Coleman and she said that the final review for anyone who has interviewed thus far will meet on Nov. 10th, so you could call on Nov. 11th to find out.

They were supposed to have a final review on Oct. 27th, but that was cancelled because of the fires.

So keep your fingers crossed and good luck to y'all!

Damn, judgement day. So stressful.

Hey Eveangel,

are they reviewing EVERYONE???? i interviewed on October 23rd and wasn't expecting to hear back for about a month!

Also, I think the 11th is a holiday??

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the 11th is Veterans Day. Hmmmmmmmm.

I interviewed on Oct 13th. Do you think this is the first time they'll be reviewing my file? I think they meet every other Monday and the fires may have thrown off their schedule. I'm just wondering if this is the first time they'll be reviewing me or the 2nd because maybe I'm on the fringe?

If you interviewed on Oct. 13th, I'm pretty sure they haven't reviewed your file yet. So no worries! You'll find out in a week!

Good luck!

I called today and Yvone said that my file won't be reviewed this Monday and I was there on 10/6. So, I dunno if this applies to you guys but I have to wait for at least 2.5 weeks...

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
I called today and Yvone said that my file won't be reviewed this Monday and I was there on 10/6. So, I dunno if this applies to you guys but I have to wait for at least 2.5 weeks...

Weird. I'll give them a call Monday.

I just called them and they said that my file would be going through the final review this evening and that I could call back on Wednesday to find out the results (Tuesday is a holiday).

qwerty,

thanx for the info! and, good luck! i hope you hear some good news on Wednesday :)

stressedout

bump

ps. i interviewed in the second week of october and called this morning -- apparently, my file is still in the process of being reviewed (either that, or they didnt want to tell me i was rejected over the phone!)

good luck.

I just called and they said that Linda Whitson was still going through the racks or the files and that they hadn't pulled them all out yet, or something to that effect. Told me to call later today or tomorrow morning.

quick update:

Those who got reviewed by the committee on Monday are being recommended either for an outright acceptance or to be put in the acceptance pool. This final decision will be made on Tuesday morning, so still no news as of yet.

hey guys, i'm a current first year at ucsd and just wanted to put in a good word. first of all, congrats to all with interviews and good luck to those waiting to hear....if its anything like last year they can sometimes seriously lag in their decisions and they tend to put the majority of people on the waitlist, annoying...but know that you have a great chance of getting in even if your on that list. also, i know that last year when i was on this forum i heard a lot of crap being talked about ucsd, overly competitive, really stressful, bla bla bla. just so you know, that has not been my experience at all. i don't know if its just our class or what, but my experience so far has been super chill in terms of competition, everyone has been really supportive of each other and all that. i really like the school...and i'm saying this as we head into 2 weeks of finals, so i'm either crazy or sincere about it all. so anyways, i was on this site a lot last year and used it for advice so if you guys are doing the same, definately don't be scared off from schools just based on a few people saying they heard something from someone who heard something from someone else...check if out for yourself. that's it for me. obviously, i needed to procrastinate from studying for a while =) if you guys have any questions feel free to ask me.

Originally posted by gogiants
hey guys, i'm a current first year at ucsd and just wanted to put in a good word. first of all, congrats to all with interviews and good luck to those waiting to hear....if its anything like last year they can sometimes seriously lag in their decisions and they tend to put the majority of people on the waitlist, annoying...but know that you have a great chance of getting in even if your on that list. also, i know that last year when i was on this forum i heard a lot of crap being talked about ucsd, overly competitive, really stressful, bla bla bla. just so you know, that has not been my experience at all. i don't know if its just our class or what, but my experience so far has been super chill in terms of competition, everyone has been really supportive of each other and all that. i really like the school...and i'm saying this as we head into 2 weeks of finals, so i'm either crazy or sincere about it all. so anyways, i was on this site a lot last year and used it for advice so if you guys are doing the same, definately don't be scared off from schools just based on a few people saying they heard something from someone who heard something from someone else...check if out for yourself. that's it for me. obviously, i needed to procrastinate from studying for a while =) if you guys have any questions feel free to ask me.

Thanks, appreciate it. :)

Well I called them today and looks like I'm swimming in the acceptable pool. +pissed+

i think princeton rocks got accepted.

woo-hooo!!!! Just got off the pre-interview hold!!! :D

hey,

did anyone else hear????? i interviewed on the 23rd of october and am wondering if i'm in the acceptable pool too... have they reviewed that group yet???

Originally posted by chapinsita
woo-hooo!!!! Just got off the pre-interview hold!!! :D

Congrats. :)

And bump.

Has everyone who interviewed in September heard back yet? I'm just wondering because I'm told that my file hasn't even gone to final review yet, is this possible?

Originally posted by Eveangel
Has everyone who interviewed in September heard back yet? I'm just wondering because I'm told that my file hasn't even gone to final review yet, is this possible?

Well I did mine 10/6 and I haven't heard back. As far as I can tell, your interview date doesn't relate to when you'll hear back. They told me it could take up to 3 months from that date. They do reviews and decision making every 2 weeks on Monday, and some of the admissions people will tell you more than others about where you stand or what category you're being considered for. Last I heard I might be up for final review 11/24 but they weren't sure or didn't know whether I was in the waitlist group or accepted. There were also delays because of the fires in SD they said, which means add about 2 weeks to whenever you would have theoretically heard back sans fires.

I interviewed at UCSD 11/3 and found out today 11/22 that Im swimming in the kiddie pool. Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt they say that the acceptable pool actually has people taken off of it fairly often? Hmm maybe...

hey. i heard the same thing. they take lots of people from the acceptable pool so definitely have hope.

also, just wondering, did you get the letter by snail mail and if so was there a date for the letter listed (under final decision sent) on your status page? thanx very much

Originally posted by stressedout
hey. i heard the same thing. they take lots of people from the acceptable pool so definitely have hope.

also, just wondering, did you get the letter by snail mail and if so was there a date for the letter listed (under final decision sent) on your status page? thanx very much

I found out by phone on Tuesday. They said they would be sending letters to those who are in the pool, but she didn't say exactly when. I assume pretty soon, but there's been no change to my status page.

letter was date 11/19 but I didnt have an update on the status page

Originally posted by personal jesus
letter was date 11/19 but I didnt have an update on the status page

Hmmmmmmm, I haven't received my letter yet....MAYBE THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS??!!!

j/k, I wish :p

thanx for your info you guys. i appreciate it.

any more news?

No news but curious about others....

Interviewed 10/6 nothing yet.....

called, and they said i'm in the acceptable pile. grr, so frustrated.

:mad:

btw, i interviewed the second week of october
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by 411
called, and they said i'm in the acceptable pile. grr, so frustrated.

:mad:

btw, i interviewed the second week of october
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm swimming right alongside with ya, buddy.

Good news is that they DO take quite a few ppl from the list.

Still haven't gone through final review and I interviewed in Sept. What's up with that?

i interview'd in late sept. and just recently heard back from UCSD.

hope this helps!

Originally posted by medhopeful08
i interview'd in late sept. and just recently heard back from UCSD.

hope this helps!

What did they say?

oops....

i got an acceptance :)