UCSF and Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j-weezy

MS1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to receive Emory's secondary just so I can finish it before school (and hopefully lots of interviews) get under way.

I'd be a lot more nervous about UCSF if it wasn't for the fact that much more qualified applicants also haven't heard about a secondary yet.

here's to waiting

-j

Members don't see this ad.

The whole Emory thing disappoints me. My "apply insanely early" advantage is completely diminished at one of the schools where it would have been a real boost. Oh well.

I dont think Emory starts interviewing until January. A few others are like this too--Colorado, Univ. Washington, UNC-Chapel Hill. Those are the ones I know (and previous applicants, correct me if this is not right)

Members don't see this ad :)
Add UIUC Med Scholars to the list that doesn't interview till January.

Has anyone (...besides Solitude;)) heard from UCSF yet?

Last edited:
apparently a 3.74 / 40 is too? (cali resident, also)

idunno, i'm not giving up hope yet. i was verified aug 1, fwiw. plus, there are some kick@ss people on this board who haven't gotten one and i bet they still will. maybe they are just slow this year, because it doesn't seem that many have gotten them.

apparently a 3.74 / 40 is too? (cali resident, also)

idunno, i'm not giving up hope yet. i was verified aug 1, fwiw. plus, there are some kick@ss people on this board who haven't gotten one and i bet they still will. maybe they are just slow this year, because it doesn't seem that many have gotten them.

Yeah I agree. I was verified as early as humanly possible, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. And when everybody gets one, they will be doubly happy because it is nice and easy :).

i got a reply about 2 weeks after verification but im a Ca res incidentally its been 3 weeks and they still havent updated my LOR status...

yeah so i was complete a while back and i haven't heard anything about a secondary either.

time to give up hope?

I'm OOS... i thought my numbers were good, but maybe something else was wrong with my app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I'm not giving up hope until J-weezy gets a rejection. (...or 3 months after she gets the secondary)

Good luck J!

thanks for the good vibes picklesali! Unfortunately, I've completely given up hope on UCSF - shame since I really like the bay area.

In other news - what's up with the lack of cali-love this year? No UCLA/UCSD/UCSF invites either for anyone....I think this time last year there were interviews in california already. Maybe a population bias? Fewer in-state applicants posting on SDN this year?

Either way, kinda freaking out about my first interview tomorrow!

You will be cool as a cucumber. Just have fun with it, everyone loves you!:love:

Thanks - I need some encouragement like whoa since I haven't had time to prepare at all until today (tests, research, etc.)!

a couple of tangents:

What sort of cow is in your avatar?

Does anyone remember Major Payne? That movie is ridiculous on sooo many levels...

thanks for the good vibes picklesali! Unfortunately, I've completely given up hope on UCSF - shame since I really like the bay area.

In other news - what's up with the lack of cali-love this year? No UCLA/UCSD/UCSF invites either for anyone....I think this time last year there were interviews in california already. Maybe a population bias? Fewer in-state applicants posting on SDN this year?

Either way, kinda freaking out about my first interview tomorrow!

UCSD takes their sweetass time. they didn't have their first interviews until December or January last year.

Also, after speaking to a resource that shall remain nameless, there haven't been any interviews offers yet, maybe another week or so. As far as secondaries go, they spread them out. I didn't get mine until Halloween, interviewed in January, accepted in April. Chill out.

Also, after speaking to a resource that shall remain nameless, there haven't been any interviews offers yet, maybe another week or so. As far as secondaries go, they spread them out. I didn't get mine until Halloween, interviewed in January, accepted in April. Chill out.

Really? So the whole 12 weeks doesn't apply to us?

This is on my UCSF status page:

"Thank you. We are reviewing your application.

We have received your AMCAS application. Thank you for applying to the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.

Our Admissions Committee will carefully review your application. We expect you will hear from the committee anytime between now and about twelve weeks from now. Except for any changes of address, no additional information is needed at this time. In fact, additional information cannot be added to your file during this review.

Invitations to submit a secondary application will be sent via email and also will be available on this site. Please check back regularly and feel free to explore UCSF in more detail."

Maybe I'm over analyzing but I just assumed that if I haven't heard back within 12 weeks, it can't be good news.

This is on my UCSF status page:

"Thank you. We are reviewing your application.

We have received your AMCAS application. Thank you for applying to the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.

Our Admissions Committee will carefully review your application. We expect you will hear from the committee anytime between now and about twelve weeks from now. Except for any changes of address, no additional information is needed at this time. In fact, additional information cannot be added to your file during this review.

Invitations to submit a secondary application will be sent via email and also will be available on this site. Please check back regularly and feel free to explore UCSF in more detail."

Maybe I'm over analyzing but I just assumed that if I haven't heard back within 12 weeks, it can't be good news.

yeah, ignore that. I had that forever, also things might be going a bit slower since the entire MD Admissions Office is brand new staff, so . . .

PM me if you have any other questions.

WOW! Thanks for that kernel of knowledge!

Thanks - I need some encouragement like whoa since I haven't had time to prepare at all until today (tests, research, etc.)!

a couple of tangents:

What sort of cow is in your avatar?

Does anyone remember Major Payne? That movie is ridiculous on sooo many levels...

Good luck today!!! Don't stress out--the interview is like a reward for all the hard work you've done in getting good grades, research, extracurriculars, etc.

*finally* got a UCSF secondary today. They got my info in early August. Don't give up hope!

although, i worry that they won't actually have a class picked until 2009.

bummer. i still haven't gotten a ucsf secondary either and i thought it just meant a rejection, but here's to hoping?

also got my harvard rejection today... it's a sad day