UCSF Application 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My background check was also really fast. It only took three days at the most.
Does anyone know when we will be getting information about completing all pre-reqs? I've mailed all my transcripts in earlier this month.

Members don't see this ad.

Just felt like bringing this thread back to life...
Does anyone know when we receive our email addresses? I'm excited to get my email and join the UCSF network :).

I would assume during orientation when we will also be shown how to enroll for classes, and where/how to pay tuition.

I would assume during orientation when we will also be shown how to enroll for classes, and where/how to pay tuition.

Nah. You'll get it long before then. They are doing things differently this year with giving you your SAA ID with PIN already. That should in fact actually be your login information for the email service assuming UCSF's OAR office processed them to make them active. Last year, I think towards the end of April we got the financial aid letter and then in May, we got a giant package with a lot of information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so I called the background check people, and there was one thing they needed to confirm. Said it'd be done by the end of today.

I checked the UCSF website, and they said we'd get a SAA id and pin in the mail in a welcome letter. Is this SAA the same SAA the financial aid office sent us? I tried to log on to student portal, but they said it's not valid. I'm guessing it might not be activated yet?

Also, has anyone gotten a welcome letter/any kind of correspondence besides the acceptance letter via snail mail?

Hey all,

I thought I would start an official UCSF thread for those applying for fall 2010. I am currently working on the supplemental. Those essay questions are rough :/ This is probably the most intimidating school I am applying too. Looking at their website, the pharmacy student profiles there are outstanding :wow:

Good luck everyone :luck:
hey! i am applying to ucsf for fall 2011!! I am quite anxious just like you before.
i was wondering what are your stats as you applied?
this is mine
cGPA:3.8
sGPA:3.65
volunteered at pharmacy.

what are the factors that made you stand out?
i REALLy REALLY want to get into ucsf. please help!

also, i am finishing my BS in 3 years..so time isnt on my side regarding with having alot of experience. but still trying!

hey! i am applying to ucsf for fall 2011!! I am quite anxious just like you before.
i was wondering what are your stats as you applied?
this is mine
cGPA:3.8
sGPA:3.65
volunteered at pharmacy.

what are the factors that made you stand out?
i REALLy REALLY want to get into ucsf. please help!

also, i am finishing my BS in 3 years..so time isnt on my side regarding with having alot of experience. but still trying!

First of all, read this blog in its entirety. http://pharmdadmissions.ucsf.edu/2008/09/beginning.html