-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF Application 2009-2010
Started by socalgirlie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It seems for me that it would be less painful for everyone here to know how many people are actually accepted/rejected or didn't get anything yet.
So I created 3 anonymous polls to get some answers :
Did you get your acceptance/rejection to UCSF already ?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8154
When did you get your acceptance letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8156
When did you get your rejection letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8158
Can you please vote there ? It should take you 3 seconds no more.
But please vote only once and only for yourself ... otherwise we can get wrong results 😕
You can click a link from the left from "vote" to see results without voting.
Note that an answer for the first question maybe different after some time ... but please do not vote twice anyway , it's more important to know how many people vote ...
Second and third questions are only for those lucky/unlucky who got results already .
So I created 3 anonymous polls to get some answers :
Did you get your acceptance/rejection to UCSF already ?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8154
When did you get your acceptance letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8156
When did you get your rejection letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8158
Can you please vote there ? It should take you 3 seconds no more.
But please vote only once and only for yourself ... otherwise we can get wrong results 😕
You can click a link from the left from "vote" to see results without voting.
Note that an answer for the first question maybe different after some time ... but please do not vote twice anyway , it's more important to know how many people vote ...
Second and third questions are only for those lucky/unlucky who got results already .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for making the poll, Gavril. Hopefully this will give some people a peace of mind, seeing as how most people seem to have not received anything yet. I think the people who have been rejected might not come back to this thread anymore so there may not be too many votes in that area. Anyway, I don't think anyone will be getting mail this week until Thursday at the earliest. Hopefully acceptances have not all been sent out yet and we'll be hearing good news in a week or so 🙂.
Wow, on one hand, I'm thinking, is it already April 1?? And on the other, I think that April 1st can't come soon enough....!
No mail today......
March has been the longest month EVER!

Don't worry and keep your hopes up guys. Admission has still not finished reviewing everyone's application (I can't tell you how I know that). I am sure for those of us who have not heard back still stands a fair chance of being accepted.

o.o when was it postmarked? and where are you from?[/QUOTE
Wow!
Last edited:
I hope UCSF is still sending out acceptances and not just waitlists/rejections this week... has anyone tried to call and ask?
It makes me nervous that 12+ people have been accepted already, and SDN only reflects a small amount of applicants so there has to be way more than 12. At least it's not like 60
.
It makes me nervous that 12+ people have been accepted already, and SDN only reflects a small amount of applicants so there has to be way more than 12. At least it's not like 60
.This is depressing; I still haven't received anything here. It's hard to believe this process is "random."
I hope UCSF is still sending out acceptances and not just waitlists/rejections this week... has anyone tried to call and ask?
It makes me nervous that 12+ people have been accepted already, and SDN only reflects a small amount of applicants so there has to be way more than 12. At least it's not like 60.
We already have 42 responses out of ~250 and polls are posted just half a day ago. Hopefully we'll get at least 100 votes.
But it's clear already that majority of people didn't get any response yet.
I just did a little extrapolation. Since it's spring break for me. 
There are a total of 47 responses. 2 doesn't count because they never interviewed. So there are 45 valid responses.
13/45 were acceptances. This is 29%. Which falls much shorter than 122/250 which is 49%. So I'm assuming that we're looking at underestimates. Unless there is a big wave of acceptances coming out.
45/250 interviewed is exactly 18%. So if the poll on SDN represents a mere 18% of the total interviewed population and 13 were acceptances. The total number of admitted must be increased to 72 people to encompass everyone. 👍
Hahaha don't take any of this stuff seriously. I'm just bored. I'm still waiting too.

There are a total of 47 responses. 2 doesn't count because they never interviewed. So there are 45 valid responses.
13/45 were acceptances. This is 29%. Which falls much shorter than 122/250 which is 49%. So I'm assuming that we're looking at underestimates. Unless there is a big wave of acceptances coming out.
45/250 interviewed is exactly 18%. So if the poll on SDN represents a mere 18% of the total interviewed population and 13 were acceptances. The total number of admitted must be increased to 72 people to encompass everyone. 👍
Hahaha don't take any of this stuff seriously. I'm just bored. I'm still waiting too.

no mail today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is pumping so much!!! So much excitement!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhh congrats!!
I rushed home hoping for mail today cuz if it was postmarked last Thursday, it'd get here today-ish but nada for me yet.
What's the class schedule at UCSF like?
Is it like class, break, class, break, class, break--distributed throughout the day?
Or is it more like high school--three classes, break, 3 classes, home.
I can link you to the schedule when I get home from work.
I can link you ... when I get home from work.
On SDN while at work? I'm telling your boss. Just kidding.

On SDN while at work? I'm telling your boss. Just kidding.![]()
15 min break 🙂
What's the class schedule at UCSF like?
Is it like class, break, class, break, class, break--distributed throughout the day?
Or is it more like high school--three classes, break, 3 classes, home.
http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/students/schedules/
Sorry that I have been absent from the forums. Finals were upon us...and now Spring break is a beckoning. 🙂
Thanks rycetrix!http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/students/schedules/
Sorry that I have been absent from the forums. Finals were upon us...and now Spring break is a beckoning. 🙂
Looks really exciting but confusing what with all the acronyms and limited dates.
Thanks rycetrix!
Looks really exciting but confusing what with all the acronyms and limited dates.
What limited dates?
If you look at an example for Fall 2009 (http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/students/schedules/2009/2009q1y1.pdf)
It gives the Course # and name at the bottom.
Well, some time ago, I was making fun of how you guys agonize over every piece of mail. It seems that I got my comeuppance.
I received a letter from UCSF on Monday. Since I'm in NJ, the timing made sense that this was my acceptance/rejection letter. I got more anxious. I knew that the decision was definitely in there. I had already received my financial aid letter and my "thank you" letter. I was surprised that I was getting more nervous. I finally opened it. It was the financial aid letter again. An exact duplicate of the first one, mailed 1 month after. Are they doing this on purpose? Why send it again? They claim they don't want to make any email mistakes and that's why they are using snail mail. Given these types of mistakes (I know someone else reported something similar), can we actually trust their snail mail procedures? 😕

Oh well, I guess I am the next victim claimed by official UCSF mail. 😳
I received a letter from UCSF on Monday. Since I'm in NJ, the timing made sense that this was my acceptance/rejection letter. I got more anxious. I knew that the decision was definitely in there. I had already received my financial aid letter and my "thank you" letter. I was surprised that I was getting more nervous. I finally opened it. It was the financial aid letter again. An exact duplicate of the first one, mailed 1 month after. Are they doing this on purpose? Why send it again? They claim they don't want to make any email mistakes and that's why they are using snail mail. Given these types of mistakes (I know someone else reported something similar), can we actually trust their snail mail procedures? 😕

Oh well, I guess I am the next victim claimed by official UCSF mail. 😳
...It was the financial aid letter again. An exact duplicate of the first one...Are they doing this on purpose? Why send it again? ... 😕![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
HAHA! I was the first victim on SDN. I can relate to how you felt. I hope they are not teasing us.
Last edited:
It seems for me that it would be less painful for everyone here to know how many people are actually accepted/rejected or didn't get anything yet.
So I created 3 anonymous polls to get some answers :
Did you get your acceptance/rejection to UCSF already ?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8154
When did you get your acceptance letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8156
When did you get your rejection letter from UCSF(postmark date)?
http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=8158
Can you please vote there ? It should take you 3 seconds no more.
But please vote only once and only for yourself ... otherwise we can get wrong results 😕
You can click a link from the left from "vote" to see results without voting.
Note that an answer for the first question maybe different after some time ... but please do not vote twice anyway , it's more important to know how many people vote ...
Second and third questions are only for those lucky/unlucky who got results already .
Please continue voting if we don't have your vote yet. We already have 53 votes.
What's interesting is that results are the same - no rejections 😉 ~30% accepted , ~70% still waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mailman is not here yet
I just received my acceptance letter today!!!!! I live on the east coast and interviewed at UCSF on Feb 6th, morning group. The letter is postmarked march 19th. Good luck guys.
i just received my acceptance letter today!!!!! I live on the east coast and interviewed at ucsf on feb 6th, morning group. The letter is postmarked march 19th. Good luck guys.
congratulations!!!!
Well, some time ago, I was making fun of how you guys agonize over every piece of mail. It seems that I got my comeuppance.
I received a letter from UCSF on Monday. Since I'm in NJ, the timing made sense that this was my acceptance/rejection letter. I got more anxious. I knew that the decision was definitely in there. I had already received my financial aid letter and my "thank you" letter. I was surprised that I was getting more nervous. I finally opened it. It was the financial aid letter again. An exact duplicate of the first one, mailed 1 month after. Are they doing this on purpose? Why send it again? They claim they don't want to make any email mistakes and that's why they are using snail mail. Given these types of mistakes (I know someone else reported something similar), can we actually trust their snail mail procedures? 😕![]()
![]()
![]()
Oh well, I guess I am the next victim claimed by official UCSF mail.
😳
🤣 LOL, I know how you feel. After being nervous for nothing, I was like

No mail yet.
I emailed "the Joel", he basically said the admissions office is working hard to make all decisions before the April deadline. Sounds like they still have a lot of decisions to make.
Totally agree with you. Everyone should have a peace of mind because admissions have not finished reviewing a lot of files yet. Just be patient until April 1. Don't give yourself a heart attack. Heehee.
Do you guys know if April 1 is the last day they make decisions or the last day you can expect the mail to arrive? Because if its the former and you live on the east coast, does that mean you might get the mail on April 5th and have to make a decision in 4 days?
Do you guys know if April 1 is the last day they make decisions or the last day you can expect the mail to arrive? Because if its the former and you live on the east coast, does that mean you might get the mail on April 5th and have to make a decision in 4 days?
I think the adcom is trying very hard to meet that deadline, but who knows...
March has been the longest month EVER!
Don't worry and keep your hopes up guys. Admission has still not finished reviewing everyone's application (I can't tell you how I know that). I am sure for those of us who have not heard back still stands a fair chance of being accepted.![]()
How reliable is your source?? 🙂 Many of you are saying the reviews are random, but I'm starting to doubt that as the days go by...
I think the adcom is trying very hard to meet that deadline, but who knows...
How reliable is your source?? 🙂 Many of you are saying the reviews are random, but I'm starting to doubt that as the days go by...
I will PM you.
No mail from UCSF today.... I really want to hear from UCSF. But part of me is afraid of getting a letter from them. If I get accepted great, but if I get rejected, I rather wait... Once you get rejected, it's over. But if you haven't heard anything from them, there's still a chance.
I don't know why I keep checking the mail. cuz they will send me a letter eventually. maybe waiting is fun in some way.
I don't know why I keep checking the mail. cuz they will send me a letter eventually. maybe waiting is fun in some way.
maybe waiting is fun in some way.
Waiting is not fun at all for me
. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully some of us from NorCal will be hearing something tomorrow? 
3/4, 3/10, 3/18/ 3/19 postmarked dates so far?
I think people also said 3/9. So its likely the Bay Area should be getting letter tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all be getting something.
Haha yeah a week from April 1st. Scarrryyyy. Goodluck everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This weekend is the next to last round coming up. Hope everyone's ready to be passed over again. We'll all go into the final frantic stretch together next week.
How is it next to last unless the break the April 1st date
How is it next to last unless the break the April 1st date
Could it be possible that letters will be mailed out March 31/April 1?
It's been almost two months since my interview and at this point I feel like I will never get a letter..lol.
Out of curiosity, how much is the deposit to hold a place in the class if one is accepted?
Out of curiosity, how much is the deposit to hold a place in the class if one is accepted?
I paid a registration deposit of $100.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K

THE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL PASSED! 
