UCSF - Check your emails and spam!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eforma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a heads up to those on here who are interviewing at UCSF -- I received an email earlier today saying that due to some complications, my interview date was moved from Sat the 29th to Tues the 25th. Now luckily I live in the Bay Area (so maybe that's why I'm one of the students whose dates changed?) so it's not terribly hard for me to adjust, but for those who might be traveling some, it could be a pain.

Just wanted to give the heads up to everyone. Also, it's mentioned that we are given just 15 minutes for the essay, so that's a new piece of information, at least to me. Best of luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, mine was rescheduled to Tuesday the 25th as well. When is yours? Mine is at 8:30 in the morning; kind of early, haha. My friend had her interview moved to today, sucks but it's a blessing to be done with it I'm sure.

Mine's at noon w/ Dr. Theresa Jaramillo ...so the time isn't bad, but I had to call in some favors at work to get my shift covered :-/ Oh grad school interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Asparagus,
are you currently located in the bay? I'm from Napa, but living in San Luis Obispo. I wonder if they're having local kids come in early. I agree, it would be nice to get it done.

Asparagus,
are you currently located in the bay? I'm from Napa, but living in San Luis Obispo. I wonder if they're having local kids come in early. I agree, it would be nice to get it done.

I'm local... Sonoma County but didn't get an email... maybe there is some other rationale? I heard last year they had early interviews for highly qualified students but who knows... thanks for the info Eforma...

I'm local... Sonoma County but didn't get an email... maybe there is some other rationale? I heard last year they had early interviews for highly qualified students but who knows... thanks for the info Eforma...

I would hope that geographic location would be a big one since these seem to be short notices of changes. Good luck to those interviewing this week!

Yes, I am living in SF but I don't think that's the reason. In the email they said there are conflicts with faculty schedules so I was thinking it was dependant on whom you are interviewing with. Anywho, I'll still be there on Saturday to get my meals and tours :p haha

Mine's at noon w/ Dr. Theresa Jaramillo ...so the time isn't bad, but I had to call in some favors at work to get my shift covered :-/ Oh grad school interviews!
Hey, so how did yours go?

Oh and I asked about the rescheduling and my interviewer said that they did this because there are so many applicants this year that there's no way they could do everyone on Saturday...not sure if that's a good or bad thing :xf: haha

for those of you who already had the ucsf interviews this week, would you be so kind to share your experiences.. what kind of essay should we expect or any issues to brush up on.. much appreciated

for those of you who already had the ucsf interviews this week, would you be so kind to share your experiences.. what kind of essay should we expect or any issues to brush up on.. much appreciated
They definitely ask you what are some of the current issues going on in the PT profession, so know your stuff. They brought up grades in mine (explanations for lower ones, ect.), research experience, leadership experience, volunteer experience, professionalism, ect. I had a very thorough interview, but in a good way :)