UCSF Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruin2k

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you guys planning to do next year? (university housing or off campus housing).
I am thinking about getting my own apartment since I cannot see myself sharing a room with someone else. Where would be a good place to look?

Members don't see this ad.

Bruin,

I'm also in the process of looking for an apartment. As for the student housing, I think the chances of getting a room will be really slim plus you have to share a room with someone. Another factor is that the first year housing is like 1.5 miles away...

I have a sister who lives in SF she is looking for another apartment around the Sunset District. You can check out the housing site on the ucsf website or go to <a href="http://www.craigslist.com" target="_blank">www.craigslist.com</a> for more listings for apartments and rentals in SF. If you can, get a map of the public transportation routes for SF, so that you only have to take 1 bus to school. THere's actually a streetcar Line N that goes along Judah and this will take you straight to UCSF.

Hope this helps!

One bed room apt ( near UCSF) is around 530K min,they are pretty small & old too.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys... I, too, am going to UCSF next year... is it too early to look for an apartment now? or should I start looking? I don't know how tough it is to find a place around there... but I guess if I want to find a place close to campus it will be difficult. Do you guys know what a reasonable price for a one bedroom or studio is? thanks!

For a shared 2 bedroom apt .. I think its around $700 - $1100/-, if you are looking for one bed room ...I guess it'll be around 1200/- or more ..

Rent is very high in san fran and around UCSF it's a nice area so the price goes up even higher.
I'd say a studio is about 1000 for a decent one, and a one bedroom about 1300 and up..
IT's really hard to find good housing in san francisco, so ....look early!
Goodluck