1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UCSF Housing

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Bruin2k, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Bruin2k

Bruin2k Member
    7+ Year Member

What are you guys planning to do next year? (university housing or off campus housing).
    I am thinking about getting my own apartment since I cannot see myself sharing a room with someone else. Where would be a good place to look?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bruin,

I'm also in the process of looking for an apartment. As for the student housing, I think the chances of getting a room will be really slim plus you have to share a room with someone. Another factor is that the first year housing is like 1.5 miles away...

I have a sister who lives in SF she is looking for another apartment around the Sunset District. You can check out the housing site on the ucsf website or go to <a href="http://www.craigslist.com" target="_blank">www.craigslist.com</a> for more listings for apartments and rentals in SF. If you can, get a map of the public transportation routes for SF, so that you only have to take 1 bus to school. THere's actually a streetcar Line N that goes along Judah and this will take you straight to UCSF.

Hope this helps!

4. Henna

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

One bed room apt ( near UCSF) is around 530K min,they are pretty small & old too.

5. Lin709

Lin709 Member
    7+ Year Member

hi guys... I, too, am going to UCSF next year... is it too early to look for an apartment now? or should I start looking? I don't know how tough it is to find a place around there... but I guess if I want to find a place close to campus it will be difficult. Do you guys know what a reasonable price for a one bedroom or studio is? thanks!

6. Henna

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

For a shared 2 bedroom apt .. I think its around $700 - $1100/-, if you are looking for one bed room ...I guess it'll be around 1200/- or more ..

7. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Rent is very high in san fran and around UCSF it's a nice area so the price goes up even higher.
    I'd say a studio is about 1000 for a decent one, and a one bedroom about 1300 and up..
    IT's really hard to find good housing in san francisco, so ....look early!
    Goodluck