UCSF interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am waitlisted too, No.9, should I feel happy (for not being rejected) or sad (for not YET accepted)? believe or not, this is the only interview invite for me:confused:
Does anyone know how far they would usually go on the waitlist?

They said at my interview that they sometimes get all the way through it. At #9, I'd say your chances are really good; if I remember right, they only admit up to their limit, so if nine people turn down their acceptances, you're in. It's not like a lot of other schools who will admit 150 people for a class of 100 and hope that only 100 accept.

Members don't see this ad.

They said at my interview that they sometimes get all the way through it. At #9, I'd say your chances are really good; if I remember right, they only admit up to their limit, so if nine people turn down their acceptances, you're in. It's not like a lot of other schools who will admit 150 people for a class of 100 and hope that only 100 accept.

He said that at my interview as well. Then I asked him personally, and he said that it's only happened once. Either way, I have a feeling it would be a long wait.

Thanks Xpheene, and yes, Irvine is a great place to live in (except the rent is super expensive). We have a large and beautiful campus too. Are you from California?

The alternate list will remain open until Sep. 14, we still have 7 months of waiting and hope~

Members don't see this ad :)
ya i am from california, bay area. no 9 waitlist is very good. i hope you get in.

It seems like I'm # 13 on the waiting list. Does anyone know what are the chances for getting in if you are on alternate based on previous years?
thanks.

come on guys, let's be realistic. We don't know how many people will withdraw and be bumped up from the wait list. HOWEVER, It's safe to assume that the top 5 people will get in just because not 100% of those offered an acceptance will accept it. You can also assume that at LEAST 1 or 2 people will decide to go somewhere else (those that submitted deposits). I.E. I have a friend that deposited in December still waiting for UCLA or Harvard and will withdraw if one of those acceptances comes her way. Nothing is certain so just pray or go shoot someone already accepted..gosh!

did anyone not get an email for waitlist? i didnt get one

My 2 friend and I that interviewed did not get a waitlist email either.

My 2 friend and I that interviewed did not get a waitlist email either.

Perhaps they'll send out more waitlist emails tomorrow? Who knows?

My spot is way in the 50's. I highly doubt 50+ people will reject their UCSF acceptance, followed by 50+ people on the waitlist who'll reject a UCSF offer. :(

Perhaps they'll send out more waitlist emails tomorrow? Who knows?

My spot is way in the 50's. I highly doubt 50+ people will reject their UCSF acceptance, followed by 50+ people on the waitlist who'll reject a UCSF offer. :(

maybe. most likely not i assume. a big batch went out today.

did anyone receive acceptance call today? Seems like no one mention about that, maybe those of you didn't receive any e-mail=acceptance tomorrow?:thumbup:

It seems like I'm # 13 on the waiting list. Does anyone know what are the chances for getting in if you are on alternate based on previous years?
thanks.

15 got off the waiting list last year

Members don't see this ad :)
xpheene, if it makes you feel any better, my waitlist spot is practically a rejection.

i dont feel any better with you waitlisting. i am kind of worried right now because i interviewed early pre dec.

........alright, whos selling their waitlist spot?

Just found out one of my friends got in today. Not sure if it was AADSAS or phone call though

remember that "15 off the waitlist" doesn't tell us anything in terms of the number they got to... if 50% of the ppl decline after getting pulled off the waitlist, that means that upto #30 was offered a spot. just thought i'd throw that out there for those waiting. keep your hopes up! in the meantime, go get yourself a drink... just getting an interview at ucsf is amazing. GL!

oh noes then those that did not get any notification today are getting the bad news soon? i am sad

oh noes then those that did not get any notification today are getting the bad news soon? i am sad

No, I wouldn't say that either. I think they're still going to send more e-mails out tomorrow and/or make some calls. I'll ask him how he found out and get back to you guys. Keep your head up :thumbup:

I was interviewed on January 30th and I am wait-listed too. My number is <20 but I don't think I have much chances. I think single digit wait-listed still have good chances, but every year it gets harder & harder. We need to keep waiting to see what happens later in summer. To be honest, I don't think many people give up UCSF even for UCLA. It was a great school and I envy everyone who has been accepted. :(

for those waitlisted or soon to be denied, keep your head up, and keep rolling

use this as fuel to get further

I personally don't like the weather and the city at UCSF, except the school is great and people are extremely nice, but I would definitely stay in LA if I have a choice...:oops:

Is there a deadline for people with multiple deposits to officially withdraw from the schools that they are not planning to go to? I think by Feb. 27th, we should know how many people accept/reject the offers. From then on, how long do we have to wait??:(

btw, my status didn't change on AADSAS?

They actually said aadsas will start giving them a list of people who double deposited from mid feb which i am praying to be a significant number. I also hope there is lots of overlap b/w ucla, ucsf, and harvard b/c i highly doubt anyone would give up ucsf for anything besides these two schools , at least if they think straight :)) i know a couple of people who already got into ucla and were waiting for ucsf feb 2nd results that wont go even if they got in. keep your fingers crossed there is still hope. :thumbup::thumbup:

They actually said aadsas will start giving them a list of people who double deposited from mid feb which i am praying to be a significant number. I also hope there is lots of overlap b/w ucla, ucsf, and harvard b/c i highly doubt anyone would give up ucsf for anything besides these two schools , at least if they think straight :)) i know a couple of people who already got into ucla and were waiting for ucsf feb 2nd results that wont go even if they got in. keep your fingers crossed there is still hope. :thumbup::thumbup:

are you sure? i thought aadsas wasn't allowed to do so until may 1st?

are you sure? i thought aadsas wasn't allowed to do so until may 1st?

Don't quote me on it, you might be right but isnt may 1st a little late? I'll call and ask Bob. Oh btw, on my interview he said on average 10-15 people on alternate list are usually safe but every year it varies.

May 1st:eek:.....
Now I am not in mood to study for my midterms at all...:thumbdown:

does anyone know how many people they waitlisted???
some guys here said his number is "way in the 50's"...

Whats the highest number anyone has heard so far?

GOD have mercy

Don't quote me on it, you might be right but isnt may 1st a little late? I'll call and ask Bob. Oh btw, on my interview he said on average 10-15 people on alternate list are usually safe but every year it varies.

Hm... I also remember hearing May 1st. Could you post it up here after you get an answer from him? Thanks!

i still have not been waitlisted or rejected :mad:, i'm loosing hope

:xf:I am also on the waiting list at #6 for UCSF, which looks promising. They told us at the interview on Friday (1/30/09) that they would put 50 on the waiting list, and that they did get through the list one year when it was only 40. Good Luck to everyone!

congrad., #6 does look promising:thumbup:, i was there on Jan. 30th too.
Good luck everyone,lets hope UCLA/Harvard/Columbia will pull some of the people from the list~:laugh:

i thought someone said ucsf will update aadsas about waitlist and others. i am still under review and no waitlist. i am worried. anyone else still under review?

"i just called bob and he said they probably won't call today they do have the list and that they will be calling people and changeing addsas status tomorrow"

Last edited:
My AADSAS still says "Invited for Interview". No phone call or email from UCSF yet. I am so nervous!

My AADSAS still says "Invited for Interview". No phone call or email from UCSF yet. I am so nervous!

i'm the same, except mine says under review. has anyone called bob?

Dammit someone heard from ucsf. I didnt hear anything. I guess i got rejected. All hope is gone.

xpheene you got any other acceptances?

i know this might be cliche to say at this moment, but really tho, keep your head up, and if you didnt get accepted anywhere else, try again

just look ahead 10 years down the road, you will be a dentist, as long as you keep you trying of course

Nope only interview at ucsf. So sad i wanna cry

i just spoke to bob and he said that he believed that they are done calling for acceptances and pretty much everyone who has not heard is a rejection. which means I'm one of them. :(

So sad i didntget even a waitlist

I had my interview Nov 17 and i just found out that i am rejected. I have been waiting for along time but its ok cause now i know that i have to start again but stronger this time.
so good luck to all of you guys

to be honest, I think its better to get rejected than be in the 40s on the waitlist. come september you get to number 10 or so and still not get in.

its brutal....

The waitng suckkkkkkkks

Nope only interview at ucsf. So sad i wanna cry

Eh, I wouldn't worry yet. Wait for the actual notification of rejection. There's still some hope until then.

You did enough to be invited for an interview, so that's amazing in itself. If I were you, I would give them a call sometime to ask what you should improve on for next cycle, assuming you're not accepted anywhere else.

Anyway, hopefully they just missed your name on the "call to offer" list. Like I said before, keep your head up :thumbup:

I'm surprised many of you guys ONLY have UCSF interviews and not any others from schools like NYU, USC, etc. Did you only apply to a few schools?

Yea, I am kind of disappointed for not hearing from USC and NYU (although they are not my top choices), but I thought I at least deserve an interview for the fees that I paid for. I also talk to some other girls at my interview and the same thing happened to them too. What is wrong with those school? I just saw the other thread saying USC is only 1/4 full now, what are they really doing these days?

Xpheene, don't be sad, I will feel proud just by having an interview at UCSF, and that was what my shadowing dentist told me too.

its over. called bob and he said i was rejected. 4 months of waiting then found out rejection. good luck to all the waitlisters.