UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinktea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone heard from UCSF yet?

Aren't they sending out the invitation right now?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, I haven't heard from them yet. But they should be sending out the invites and rejections any time soon! :scared::)

Based on the 2007 UCSF: Interview thread on SDN, the majority of UCSF interview invites were postmarked on December 23rd.

Despite this postmark date, some individuals actually received it earlier (several days?). Best of luck with your X-mas "gift".

Members don't see this ad :)
We should start stalking our mailmen on Monday. I know I received my letter either on the 23rd or 24th of last year and it normally takes one day for the letter to arrive in SoCal.

Hey has anyone heard from UCSF yet?

Aren't they sending out the invitation right now?

Thanks!!!

Interview letters were mailed last year on Christmas Eve, and rejection letters from this round were mailed 1 or 2 days earlier.

I got my interview letter the day after Christmas since I live in the Bay Area, while a friend of mine who didn't make the interview round(also from the Bay) got her letter before Christmas.

denied. post mark dec 19

denied. post mark dec 19

You got yours already? I'm sorry hear that. I guess I shall be expecting the denied letter on Monday. Did you get interviewed at other schools?

denied. post mark dec 19

I'm sorry to hear that too. :( I'm freaked out now! I'm not even in the same city as my mailbox and I won't find out until Wednesday!!!:xf:

denied. post mark dec 19

I'm sorry to hear that too. :( I'm freaked out now! I'm not even in the same city to my mailbox and I won't find out until Wednesday!!!

:xf:Cinnamoroll, don't say that! You never knooow!

haha...don't worry...i have an optimistic spirit ^^...it was kind enough for the dean to personally signature the denial tho and it says "please don't feel discouraged"

happy holidays everyone~

btw, i live in sacramento

haha...don't worry...i have an optimistic spirit ^^...it was kind enough for the dean to personally signature the denial tho and it says "please don't feel discouraged"

happy holidays everyone~

wow, he actually handwritten the signature for your denial? I think that makes it official.

Members don't see this ad :)
You got yours already? I'm sorry hear that. I guess I shall be expecting the denied letter on Monday. Did you get interviewed at other schools?

If it makes u feel better. Over the last two years, I've collected enough reject letters to publish my own children's (Curious George-like) picture books.

yeah kinda sad....I know exactly how you feel.

Try not to check your email so much (cuz its disappointing after awhile) and Keep your head up. Sometimes the best things in life happen when we least expect them.

:)

I hope I don't get denied this 2nd time around.... i'm 7000 miles away from my mailbox :scared::scared::scared:

Jesus, I am so scared to go downstairs and check mail right now.

I got my rejection letter today.....Merry Christmas to all...

Last edited:
i applied for UCSF this year but I sent the supplemental to the payment address. I emailed the admissions office and they told me this could affect my application and that I should follow directions. They told me to mail in another application(no changes, they will check with orginal) but to have it next day delivery for them to accept my application. I told them to screw it(well, actually in my mind I told them to screw it). I immediately called up my bank and cancel my check. Now seeing all these rejections, I'm glad I did it. I saved $60! :thumbup:

If it makes u feel better. Over the last two years, I've collected enough reject letters to publish my own children's (Curious George-like) picture books.

yeah kinda sad....I know exactly how you feel.

Try not to check your email so much (cuz its disappointing after awhile) and Keep your head up. Sometimes the best things in life happen when we least expect them.

:)

lol....lets make a publication with all reject letters...it'll be HUGE...and we can all co-author hahahah

Best of luck to all of applying. I believe I got my interview letter around Dec. 21 or 22. I was stalking the mailman every day until I got the letter. If you think this one is bad.... wait until after you get the interview. They mailed us their decision, now that drove me crazy! @_@

If you don't get a interview at UCSF don't worry. There are other schools out there and hopefully you'll get in to one of them!

i applied for UCSF this year but I sent the supplemental to the payment address. I emailed the admissions office and they told me this could affect my application and that I should follow directions. They told me to mail in another application(no changes, they will check with orginal) but to have it next day delivery for them to accept my application. I told them to screw it(well, actually in my mind I told them to screw it). I immediately called up my bank and cancel my check. Now seeing all these rejections, I'm glad I did it. I saved $60! :thumbup:

I did the same thing (sent the supplemental and payment to the same place). I ended up just calling admissions and they said they would forward my application and fee to their rightful places.

happy holidays everyone~

I was expecting one of the admissions officers' signatures to be at the bottom of the letter, then I saw it was Koda-Kimble?? There were over 1600 applicants; did she really sign like a thousand rejection letters? What a sucky day at work!

I was expecting one of the admissions officers' signatures to be at the bottom of the letter, then I saw it was Koda-Kimble?? There were over 1600 applicants; did she really sign like a thousand rejection letters? What a sucky day at work!

I KNOW! crazy....maybe her assistant did them haha....so anybody who got this thinking about reapplying? i probably will haha...since so much more has happened since june~good luck for those with the interview!

im nervous too, I worked really hard on the supplemental. but things happen for a reason! like when i didnt get into UCLA. and now im really happen at UCSD. so just smile :smuggrin:, and just *SHAKE IT OFF* and still more interviews are coming from other school, they are looking at tier 3 people, and etc. SO just cross your fingers :xf:

agree 100%. The Dean doesn't have that much free time and these letters are to those denied :rolleyes:

I know what a signature stamp is. But these denial letters were signed with a ballpoint pen!

stamps%2Bgalore.jpg

I thought this was hilarious!!! I actually laughed out loud.

I know what a signature stamp is. But these denial letters were signed with a ballpoint pen!

There are machines that can copy the signature of someone. It's pretty easy.

Haven't gotten my letter yet either--good luck to everybody waiting!

haven't gotten mine either. I will stalk the mailman starting Monday.
GL everyone

exactly...BALL POINT...

unless she has one of those signature writers like on CSI where the machine recognizes the actual stroke and precisely writes the signature...

wow, that signature discussion is gettin' outta hand. I guess if we get a rejection, we'll get to decipher for ourselves how "real" this signature is! :laugh:

Can I join you guys too? I got my rejection letter this morning. :(

For those of you that have already received letters, where are you located? norcal, socal, out of state?

im sorry cinnamoroll. im scared to go back to school and check now..but just shake it off!

Can I join you guys too? I got my rejection letter this morning. :(

Sorry to hear. You applied to a bunch of schools so I'm sure you'll get invitations from some of them. Keep your head up!

Yea, it's postmarked on the 19th and I'm from the Orange County area.

sorry to hear that Cinnamoroll12.
I'm so nervous to check my mail later. I'm from Socal too.

By the way, have you been accepted to other programs yet or are you still waiting for the results?

No mail either...

How many applicants are granted interviews for UCSD and UCSF?

Man! I was so sure it would come today. No word yet here in San Jose/Cupertino area.

i sent my application to the same address as the fee payment, and got my application canceled. :(:( i feel so dumb, as i invested so much time on the application and yet failed to send it in correctly. is there anything that i can do now??? please help.

i sent my application to the same address as the fee payment, and got my application canceled. :(:( i feel so dumb, as i invested so much time on the application and yet failed to send it in correctly. is there anything that i can do now??? please help.

Did they still cash your check for the supplemental fee?