UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea, it's postmarked on the 19th and I'm from the Orange County area.

Oh Noooooo! I'm sorry cinnamoroll! :( UCSF is just one school. Don't worry! The application process is not over just yet!

mangop, if you haven't heard anything yet in the San Jose area, maybe that's good news since they send invitations after rejections? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear that Cinnamoroll12.
I'm so nervous to check my mail later. I'm from Socal too.

By the way, have you been accepted to other programs yet or are you still waiting for the results?

I had a double dose of rejection letters today. Besides one from UCSF, I also got one from Creighton. Other than that, I'm on the alternate list for two schools and am looking forward to hear from many other schools in January. And you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the OSACA director today to see what the status was, and the answer was, "Oh, we're working on it..."

Tease me, why don't you!

:laugh:

i sent my application to the same address as the fee payment, and got my application canceled. :(:( i feel so dumb, as i invested so much time on the application and yet failed to send it in correctly. is there anything that i can do now??? please help.

Apply next year? I mean they probably threw out your applications, so you're done for the next cycle, if UCSF is where you want to be.

Last edited:
Apply next year? I mean they probably threw out your applications, so you're done for the next cycle of UCSF is where you want to be.

It's really upsetting to think that they would actually just throw out my application, like literally. I was thinking whether it is better to have had my application thoroughly reviewed and to receive a denial letter (with a really good reason), or to have my application not even looked at, when I sent everything in on time and paid the fees. Both are unfavorable situations, but at least in the first case I would feel that my application was given fair and thorough evaluation and consideration. This was my least expected outcome and I'm still feeling baffled.

I had a double dose of rejection letters today. Besides one from UCSF, I also got one from Creighton. Other than that, I'm on the alternate list for two schools and am looking forward to hear from many other schools in January. And you?

well, look on the bright side, you're waitlisted for 2 schools and probably hearing from other school soon after the new year.
As for me, I'm waitlisted for Touro, waiting for CNCP interview results, interviewing at UofM and UH in Jan 09. I think we should think positively. The sky will be brighter after the rain.:thumbup::luck::luck::luck:

It's really upsetting to think that they would actually just throw out my application, like literally. I was thinking whether it is better to have had my application thoroughly reviewed and to receive a denial letter (with a really good reason), or to have my application not even looked at, when I sent everything in on time and paid the fees. Both are unfavorable situations, but at least in the first case I would feel that my application was given fair and thorough evaluation and consideration. This was my least expected outcome and I'm still feeling baffled.

I slightly disagree. I agree that both situations are unfavorable. However, I see this whole application process as a test. USC has another exam to test "following directions." All else equal (including submission of the fee and completion of the supplemental), if the applicant failed the "exam," it seems that people just prefer having the denial after the interview versus before the interview.

Reapplication may not be an option for everyone, but I think it is a very real possibility for many pre-pharmacy students, especially if there is a school of choice or fit. I feel that it is better that they don't assess your application so that it is worth something later when submitted properly. Reapplying with verbatim application is incredibly tacky. However, if you put a lot of effort into an application that is tainted (by this mishap for instance) then I wouldn't want that application to be reviewed only to be denied because of not following directions.

Does that make sense? I ranted a bit there.
EDIT: I also think that it's very possible that a strong application could be denied due to this "failed exam" and I hardly would think that you would find it a FAIR consideration.

Last edited:
I slightly disagree. I agree that both situations are unfavorable. However, I see this whole application process as a test. USC has another exam to test "following directions." All else equal (including submission of the fee and completion of the supplemental), if the applicant failed the "exam," it seems that people just prefer having the denial after the interview versus before the interview.

Reapplication may not be an option for everyone, but I think it is a very real possibility for many pre-pharmacy students, especially if there is a school of choice or fit. I feel that it is better that they don't assess your application so that it is worth something later when submitted properly. Reapplying with verbatim application is incredibly tacky. However, if you put a lot of effort into an application that is tainted (by this mishap for instance) then I wouldn't want that application to be reviewed only to be denied because of not following directions.

Does that make sense? I ranted a bit there.
EDIT: I also think that it's very possible that a strong application could be denied due to this "failed exam" and I hardly would think that you would find it a FAIR consideration.

Yeah, I see your point. But if they were going to review your application but deny it *only* because of not following directions, then what is the point of reviewing it in the first place, right? I do think though, that since it is already tainted (by failing the test), psychologically speaking, if they do review it, they will likely evaluate it based on higher standards, and look at the rest of your application more critically.

The fair and thorough consideration I mentioned was in reference to applications that were submitted correctly. I don't dispute that following detailed instructions is an important part of the application process. I was more so expressing my frustration. My main dispute is that if the payment office received my application and fees, they 1) could have not cashed my check since they knew that my application was sent to the wrong place and won't be reviewed, or 2) forwarded my application to the correct office for review if they were going to cash it.

Anyhow, best of luck to everyone, and happy holidays. :luck:

Last edited:
My main dispute is that if the payment office received my application and fees, they 1) could have not cashed my check since they knew that my application was sent to the wrong place and won't be reviewed, or 2) forwarded my application to the correct office for review if they were going to cash it.

Anyhow, best of luck to everyone, and happy holidays. :luck:

I think this is also subjective though. If you were to fail the written exam at USC you wouldn't be asking for your application fee back because you received an interview. I think because UCSF chooses to be quick and dirty with their decisions, we choose to want our money back since the test involves it. :p

BUT TO EVERYONE THIS WEEK, HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS! ENJOY YOURSELVES! :hardy:

Well, honestly it's not just about the money... it's about how far we have been able to get in our journey- a journey that ended before it ever begun leaves the traveler a sense of dissatisfaction. But then, the traveler will find another one to embark on, some time.

Yes, thank you, and same to you and everyone. :)

Well, honestly it's not just about the money... it's about how far we have been able to get in our journey- a journey that ended before it ever begun leaves the traveler a sense of dissatisfaction. But then, the traveler will find another one to embark on, some time.

Yes, thank you, and same to you and everyone. :)

Word

Rainyday3! If I were in the same boat, I could understand why this situation is really upsetting.
I guess from my perspective... and forgive me if it seems totally off... is that if one spends all that sweat and tears on the supplemental essays, wouldn't it be reasonable to put that same amount of effort when making sure the supp. fee and supp. application is sent to their appropriate designations?

did you contact OSACA when you realized this error? there are several people here who mentioned it in several threads that they turned it in early, had it sent to the wrong place, but had the mistake fixed.

However, if it was sent in at around the due date...it's harder to correct the mistake?

I hear that many people get rejected every year not because they are not qualified, but because they didn't follow directions albeit how 'misleading' the directions may be.

i also know we all make honest mistakes, and we pay for it. i wish there was something i could do to help you, except to say keep you head up and move forward!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Jaded03. I think that this was ucsf's sneaky way to test if you can closely follow directions, similar to usc's funky 5-words only rule during the writing portion. Especially since it seems, from another thread, that this has been a reoccuring issue in previous years. They clearly know it's a problem, but are unwilling to fix it. Also, Koda-Kimble says, "We were praised for our 'comprehensive and useful web site,'" so she probably finds no reason to change it either. But I don't think there is an excuse for them to keep your money! Good luck to you rainyday and happy holidays!

http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/facultyandstaff/update/

I agree with Jaded03. I think that this was ucsf's sneaky way to test if you can closely follow directions, similar to usc's funky 5-words only rule during the writing portion. Especially since it seems, from another thread, that this has been a reoccuring issue in previous years. They clearly know it's a problem, but are unwilling to fix it. Also, Koda-Kimble says, "We were praised for our 'comprehensive and useful web site,'" so she probably finds no reason to change it either. But I don't think there is an excuse for them to keep your money! Good luck to you rainyday and happy holidays!

http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/facultyandstaff/update/

they really need to change they way they provide the mailing address. it is very easily mistaken. i hope i can get the ball rolling after talking to the office of admissions. someone on here has had it happened 2 years ago.

Honestly, the specificity of the UCSF app is probably a sieve to filter out a number of applicants instantly because they didn't follow directions. It is what it is...unfortunate for those who missed it, but I didn't think it was THAT tricky.

anyone get good news in the mail today??? My mailman still hasn't arrived yet:(

I also mailed my application before the due date. I never got an email confirmation or mail confirmation, but they definitely did cash my check. does this mean that they didn't look at my application? I'm so scared because I constantly emailed them and they kept telling me that it probably arrived at their school. but now that I'm reading the forums, I feel that I made the same mistake with the mailing process. ahhh!

My boyfriend finally had a chance to check my mailbox today and still nothing. But I guess that's better than bad news? :xf::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum and I want to wish everyone good luck with interviews, etc.:luck: I also wanted to know if anyone got an interview letter from UCSF. It seems like their interview and decision process is a lot later than other CA schools... I have been accepted to USC and UOP, but haven't gotten ANYTHING from UCSF yet.

Random question: Does anyone know what kind of tablet laptops (brand) are given to the pharm students at UOP?

Thanks for your help!

Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum and I want to wish everyone good luck with interviews, etc.:luck: I also wanted to know if anyone got an interview letter from UCSF. It seems like their interview and decision process is a lot later than other CA schools... I have been accepted to USC and UOP, but haven't gotten ANYTHING from UCSF yet.

Random question: Does anyone know what kind of tablet laptops (brand) are given to the pharm students at UOP?

Thanks for your help!

I think they are Lenovo tablets.

Same here. I thought I was a competitive applicant, too. Sigh.

Did you get your letter today? Or is it postmarked earlier? I am curious b/c I wanted to know if they were sending stuff today too.

Yes! Interview Jan. 30th! :) Received it today in San Jose!

omg, I live in SJ, too. I'm so excited now. My mail man usually come at 3 pm so I have to wait.

I live in San Francisco, and received a letter inviting me to interview on Feb 12. Like mangop in earlier posts, my letter was dated Dec 19, and postmarked on Dec 22.

I live in San Francisco, and received a letter inviting me to interview on Feb 12. Like mangop in earlier posts, my letter was dated Dec 19, and postmarked on Dec 22.

Is there a deadline for when you need to respond by to let them know that you're going to the interview? I won't be able to check my mail for another week and I just want to make sure there's still time in case I get an invite.

oh and also, congratulations to those who received invitations! :)

On my letter it states that you must reply to the invitation within 14 days from the date listed on the letter. In my case, the letter was dated Dec 19.

Best of luck to everyone!! :luck:

In the letter it is dec 17. but it is postmaked dec 22.

I'm soooo sad now. It's my top choice school.

It was also my top choice :( But I was able to get a little bit of good news to salvage my holiday spirit with an interview at UCSD, so now to prep like I've never prepped before :)

I live in Orange County and I haven't received a letter. I was really hoping to get it before Christmas. :(

Yeah, I live in LA and haven't gotten anything, either.

Got my letter to interview on 2/19.

Dated Dec 19, postmarked Dec 22, and received it today.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Got my letter to interview on 2/19.

Dated Dec 19, postmarked Dec 22, and received it today.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Where do you live? I'm really depressed by not getting a letter yet. But congrats to you!

DENIED!

Not sure what the postmark was on mine, but screw it. I'm gonna eat something deep fried and have a cold beer. Maybe I'm meant to live in warmer climates.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Where do you live? I'm really depressed by this

I actually live in San Francisco.

Last year, I got my interview invite the day after Christmas, and they postmarked the invite Dec 24.

Just remember, no news is good news!

I actually live in San Francisco.

Last year, I got my interview invite the day after Christmas, and they postmarked the invite Dec 24.

Just remember, no news is good news!

Thanks for your reply. I thought no news was good news until I read that someone on here was denied and their letter wasn't postmarked until Dec. 22 either

Thanks for your reply. I thought no news was good news until I read that someone on here was denied and their letter wasn't postmarked until Dec. 22 either

Same here. I'm feeling really anxious and down.