UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catchsomezz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UCSF yet?! Since that one email saying basically they received my application, its been nothing.

(also UCSD too?!)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from UCSF yet?! Since that one email saying basically they received my application, its been nothing.

(also UCSD too?!)

DUDE!!!! you should create thsi forum AFTER you receive the interview...not before!!!!!, haha, i thought people received interview invites already!!!

sorry x_X.

morning tank of coffee is making me jumpy on this subject. lol too excited.

but no worries. i had friends (last year) who recieved interviews ranging from mid dec to end of jan. so it really depends on when they recieved your applications.

AND i know i'll be near the end because i had to submit parts of my app late due to the fires in SD a while back. so i'll be one those those nail bitters in jan lol

Members don't see this ad :)
i had friends (last year) who recieved interviews ranging from mid dec to end of jan. so it really depends on when they recieved your applications.

I submitted all my stuff super early, so does that mean UCSF won't look at my AU Fall 2007 grades? I was kind of hoping that they would... :rolleyes::(:laugh:

DUDE!!!! you should create thsi forum AFTER you receive the interview...not before!!!!!, haha, i thought people received interview invites already!!!

Seriously! I had a minor freak-out moment! :eek:

Seriously! I had a minor freak-out moment! :eek:

Me too - I almost had a heart attack. I am only applying to UCSD and UCSF and do not care much for UCSD anyways. I think I am already losing my mind and if I get a rejection letter -I think I will be completely crushed and heart broken. :scared::scared::scared:

lol sorry guys

but yeah. i applied to only UCSD and UCSF so im hoping too

i think it's the exclamation points in the title that are drawing people in thinking there are interview invites. now if they were question marks, then that would generate a different form of anticipation before opening this thread.

Hey guys,

I just got my UCSF denial letter this morning. I was actually pretty surprised I didn't even get an interview. I must not be the type of person they are looking for. Here are my stats:

Univ. - Cal
PharmCAS cum. - 3.64
PharmCAS sci. - 3.54
Did over 400 hours of hospital volunteer service, have several different extracurricular activities, including leadership positions
96 PCAT - but they don't consider it, just showing off (but didn't talk about it on app. though) :)

I'm not sure what they are looking for, but this year, it seems that it is very competitive.

i think it's the exclamation points in the title that are drawing people in thinking there are interview invites. now if they were question marks, then that would generate a different form of anticipation before opening this thread.

lol i had two cups of coffee before starting this thread which probably accounts for the exclamation points :-/

other than that. we can transform this into an actual accepted interview thread once invitations start rolling out.

best of luck to all

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I just got my UCSF denial letter this morning. I was actually pretty surprised I didn't even get an interview. I must not be the type of person they are looking for. Here are my stats:

Univ. - Cal
PharmCAS cum. - 3.64
PharmCAS sci. - 3.54
Did over 400 hours of hospital volunteer service, have several different extracurricular activities, including leadership positions
96 PCAT - but they don't consider it, just showing off (but didn't talk about it on app. though) :)

I'm not sure what they are looking for, but this year, it seems that it is very competitive.

Wow... those are some pretty good stats considering you went to Cal......guess I will be getting the same thing pretty soon.....I read your post in the UCSF rejection thread.....USC is probably a lot easier to get in compared to UCSF....so if you got an interview there, you have 50-50 chance of getting in........good luck with your interviews at UOP and USC :)!

sigh...im so ****ed....x_X

every day i hope i get some response back from UCSD/SF. but i PRAY i dont get anything tomorrow (socal)

Hello ALL!!!

I just wanted to say... I got an interview at UCSF. The letter came in the mail today (12/22/07) in a normal looking small envelope.

I know many of you, just like me, check these fourms daily... so I just wanted to let everyone know that UCSF is sending out invites already. :)

Good luck to everyone on our pharmacy journeys! :D:D:D

Wow, congrats!!

Would you mind posting your stats? :)

my stats aren't anything to brag about...

Cumm: 3.33
Sci: 3.25
Pharmacy exp: 1.5yrs (as a clerk, but I am a tech)

I'm also a tour guide at school and helped establish a chapter of my greek org on campus a few years ago.

I live in NorCal, about 1.5 hours from SF.

good luck to everyone!

I'm also a tour guide at school and helped establish a chapter of my greek org on campus a few years ago.

good luck to everyone!

Wow...my stats sounds like yours...Like almost EXACTLY like yours....LOL.....but i'm not applying this year though...next year...AHH!!! THE STRESS.....:scared::scared::scared:...How long did it take to do your UCSF application???

good luck to everyone!

Hey
Do you you go to UC Davis. Did you found Delta Phi Beta?

so first: it took me a pretty long time to finish the application for UCSF. Before I even started writing the essays, I thought about the questions for weeks - asking many friends and family members to reflect on their meanings with me. I'm not sure if I can speak for others, but UCSF was by far the most difficult to work on.... very thought provoking.

next: I actually go to UC San Diego and found the chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha at my school.... I think UC Davis also has a chapter of Lambda Chi up there!

I got an interview on jan 25! wish me luck!
rs5.JPG

COngratz GUys! If You got an Interview at UCSF, you MUST DEFINITELY DESERVE IT! So Congratulations! I am actually on the east coast and don't get back to Cali until thursday. THIS MEANS I HAVE TO DIE OF ANXIETY for 3 MORE DAYS cuz my mail is not being forwarded.

I wish you all the best! GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY!!!

Hopefully I will see you guys on Jan 25th.

Merry XMAS and Happy NEW YEAR!

I received an interview invitation today (12/24) for February 15th!

See you guys there!

I got an interview invite for Jan 25th also. I think I'll be declining though.

I got an interview invite for Jan 25th also. I think I'll be declining though.

Congrats all. I got an interview invite also, but I'll be declining to attend USC. SF's tuition does sound tempting though. :D

i got an interview for feb 8!!!!! how come i dont see other ppl going on the 8th?!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D

CONGRATS everyone!! I know all of us P1's are eager to see you all waiting in the med sci lobby, looking nervous :) If we can help you out at all, let me know (maybe an impromptu tour or something?). Best of luck :)

mine is february 2nd.

things are getting very serious indeed.

any of my friends hear anything?

googleit, FuturePharmD, shylock, cheburashka?

Mine is Feb 15th...:):):)

Congratulations to all who have got the invitation...

Merry Christmas...

Just got to my mail, looks like I will join those on January 25! Good luck everyone!

Merry Christmas!

I got a interview too- Feb 15th. See you there!

i got an interview for feb 8!!!!! how come i dont see other ppl going on the 8th?!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D

jimmy, have you been accepted to anywhere yet? i remember you said you had interviewed at a few places.

woot!! i just got my interview invite today for feb 8th! haha nice christmas present :D
but of course my ucsd interview is on the following monday 3 days later....should be a fun weekend! :D

Anyone driving up to UCSF on February 15th?

driving? i suggest you fly up there man. it's a lot safer, energy saving, and time efficient. besides... where would you park? it IS san francisco after all.

driving? i suggest you fly up there man. it's a lot safer, energy saving, and time efficient. besides... where would you park? it IS san francisco after all.

Yeah, there are good and bad points. I have an interview in Stockton so I can't afford 2 round trip tickets and 2 rentals. Furthermore, being less than 25 years of age yields greater costs. I also don't want to jeopardize my attire in transit. Peace of mind = doing well on the interview.
I drove up during the summer for the application workshop, so this'll be clockwork.

mine is february 2nd.

things are getting very serious indeed.

any of my friends hear anything?

googleit, FuturePharmD, shylock, cheburashka?

I only wish, I haven't heard anything and I am getting more and more depressed every day.:cry: I am going away for a few days to Sacramento and going to stop reading this forum because I can't handle the pressure anymore. Hopefully a pair of Armani shoes and a nice seledka pod shuboj for NY can take my mind away from all this craziness. :)

p.s. - I just discovered intv. ru - it's awesome, you can actually watch "ironija su'dby 2" and it just came out in the movie theaters there. Watch it I loved every second of it, especially if you like Bezrukij.

Hi guys
I got an interview for January 25th
I never expected to get an interview at UCSF after getting waitlisted at USC and UOP..
It's a perfect Christmas gift :laugh:

Yeah, there are good and bad points. I have an interview in Stockton so I can't afford 2 round trip tickets and 2 rentals. Furthermore, being less than 25 years of age yields greater costs. I also don't want to jeopardize my attire in transit. Peace of mind = doing well on the interview.
I drove up during the summer for the application workshop, so this'll be clockwork.

You know...if you have friends up there, you can just park your car at their place and just take the BART to UCSF....take the BART to Powell and take the N-Judith to UCSF....seriously...driving in SF SUCKS!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE CAN PARK THERE:scared:....I always feel like my car is going to roll away when I park there:scared:....LOL....But I'm from SoCal...so maybe that's why...HAHHAHA;)...I don't know if the BART goes to Stockton...but I'm sure there is a bus that travels there...

For everyone who got an interview to UCSF...congratulations...I hope you guys do enjoy your Christmas wherever you are and your New Year's as well...If you guys don't mind, can you put your stats down...it's interesting how UCSF accepts people.... Mucho gracias :):):)...and I hope to get an interview next year when I apply too...:)

yay!!! congrats too all. i got mine in the mail today ^_^ feb 8th for me

Just out of curiosity, for those who got the invites, what are your stats? Anybody got a GPA that is either <3.0 or about 3.9-4.0? Thanks and congrats:thumbup:!

My GPA is 3.09, my cumulative prereq. is 3.05, and I've been involved in more extracurricular involvement than I could fit in pharmCAS's boxes. I'm a 2007 graduate of UCSB with a degree in pharmacology and I will be at UCSF on January 25th.

Good luck to all

i got an interview!! i am stuck here in michigan and all my mail is stuck in san diego, but my bf just got home and it was there! feb 2nd

merry christmas!!

I got one for Feb 2. See some of you then :D

I got an interview as well for feb 15...really exciting cause i was expecting to just get a denial letter. Hope to see you all there