UCSF (IS) vs. UOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lumpsnotforsale

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Summary: I am waiting to hear back from the Air Force, if I do not receive the HPSP scholarship, UOP is off the table.

I am interested in specializing/research but it's not something I'm dead set on.
If I pick UCSF I will likely try to postpone the HPSP for 1 year and use savings to pay for the first year.
The way I'm looking at it now is if I would be willing to invest an additional year of my life at UCSF to have lower stress levels.
Input from UCSF/UOP/HPSP people is greatly appreciated!

School 1: UCSF
(IS)
Pros:
  • P/NP
  • more free time, students seem to have lower stress levels
  • better research opportunities
  • from what I've seen I'd fit in better with the student body but that's a hard thing to be sure of/ quantify
Cons:
  • 4 years
  • old facilities
  • weaker clinical
School 2: UOP
Pros:
  • 3 years!
  • really nice facilities
  • great clinical program
Cons:
  • no gym on campus
  • high stress- especially 1st year
  • difficult (but still possible) to specialize
 
Last edited: