UCSF Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just got news from friends, one from the 1/22 interview got accepted today while the other from a later date got rejected :/ Guess they don't really have any type of order in sending out the news. I'm so nervous.
 
Just got news from friends, one from the 1/22 interview got accepted today while the other from a later date got rejected :/ Guess they don't really have any type of order in sending out the news. I'm so nervous.
🙂 I feel u . checked my email every second............I am pretty sure they already sort out the 122 candidates. There is no particular order they sending the rejections or acceptances. Emails just go in different batch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙂 I feel u . checked my email every second............I am pretty sure they already sort out the 122 candidates. There is no particular order they sending the rejections or acceptances. Emails just go in different batch.

LOL I'm checking every minute as well haha. I'm really hoping all of us get in, but I guess our time will come soon. Keep up the updates! 🙂
 
Anyone hear back today yet??
so far no emails for this morning. I have the notification on my cell phone...Every time it vibrates, I got super nervous 🙂:arghh::arghh:.But i was checking the forum several years ago. some ppls received their email during the weekend. Decision is already made for the 122. There is no rolling in admission. We just patiently wait for our batch. Stay strong!!! guys
 
so far no emails for this morning. I have the notification on my cell phone...Every time it vibrates, I got super nervous 🙂:arghh::arghh:.But i was checking the forum several years ago. some ppls received their email during the weekend. Decision is already made for the 122. There is no rolling in admission. We just patiently wait for our batch. Stay strong!!! guys
It seems like you are being overly anxious right now. I do not think checking the forum several years ago is a good idea because things do change. And do not believe completely what other people say. UCSF admission committee told us that "Oh we like to interview more people who applied but we just do not have enough time and space." I called it bull because my interview session had only two groups instead of three. If they want to talk to more people why did not they just have three groups in our session? Also, UCSD and UCSF told us that they coordinated with each other on interview schedule, I called that bull crap because I met three people who had both of the interviews on the same day. So please do not jump to the conclusion (it is okay to make assumption) and try to relax, because we have no idea what they are doing. I think calling them is not a good idea because they will try to avoid us as much as they can (I know how annoying it is when people keep calling and asking for his or her status because I have worked at HR/Admin before. Sometime I literally have turned down someone's paper just for being unprofessional. This guy called me 4 times a day for three days to check his status, even though I kept telling him that he will know within a week and we will contact him.). SO, we cannot do anything about it until you got the email from them or until 4/1.
 
It seems like you are being overly anxious right now. I do not think checking the forum several years ago is a good idea because things do change. And do not believe completely what other people say. UCSF admission committee told us that "Oh we like to interview more people who applied but we just do not have enough time and space." I called it bull because my interview session had only two groups instead of three. If they want to talk to more people why did not they just have three groups in our session? Also, UCSD and UCSF told us that they coordinated with each other on interview schedule, I called that bull crap because I met three people who had both of the interviews on the same day. So please do not jump to the conclusion (it is okay to make assumption) and try to relax, because we have no idea what they are doing. I think calling them is not a good idea because they will try to avoid us as much as they can (I know how annoying it is when people keep calling and asking for his or her status because I have worked at HR/Admin before. Sometime I literally have turned down someone's paper just for being unprofessional. This guy called me 4 times a day for three days to check his status, even though I kept telling him that he will know within a week and we will contact him.). SO, we cannot do anything about it until you got the email from them or until 4/1.
lol u r being overly anxious . U r exactly right. There is nothing we can do to expedite the process. I will just try to relax or do something else (such as studying finals), instead of having a mental breakdown. All i said is speculation, with good intention to comfort everyone who await anxiously.
 
It seems like you are being overly anxious right now. I do not think checking the forum several years ago is a good idea because things do change. And do not believe completely what other people say. UCSF admission committee told us that "Oh we like to interview more people who applied but we just do not have enough time and space." I called it bull because my interview session had only two groups instead of three. If they want to talk to more people why did not they just have three groups in our session? Also, UCSD and UCSF told us that they coordinated with each other on interview schedule, I called that bull crap because I met three people who had both of the interviews on the same day. So please do not jump to the conclusion (it is okay to make assumption) and try to relax, because we have no idea what they are doing. I think calling them is not a good idea because they will try to avoid us as much as they can (I know how annoying it is when people keep calling and asking for his or her status because I have worked at HR/Admin before. Sometime I literally have turned down someone's paper just for being unprofessional. This guy called me 4 times a day for three days to check his status, even though I kept telling him that he will know within a week and we will contact him.). SO, we cannot do anything about it until you got the email from them or until 4/1.
We have zero oversight in the admission process......its just part of guessing and waiting game. It is like any job interview process. U work at a HR, u know it better. Patience and perseverance are important attributes to have when you’re on the job hunt. So, lets stop blaming the admission committee and just do whatever we can do at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're probably right. I just looked at the previous year's thread and some person made a chart showing which days they came out and a couple of times they sent them out on Sunday....hence my nervousness haha
yea, I saw that too. I thought it is a bit strange that they sent it on the weekend. They must set up an automatic email system..... Monday today, I hope to hear some good news from ur guys 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm. still no news yet. I am wondering if they send out emails alphabetically.

Any one accepted to both UCSD and UCSF? which one would you go to?
 
Accepted at 1:33pm - From
1/29 interview!

Anyone having a tough decision between ucsf and USC? I want to end up in socal and have recently been hearing not the greatest about ucsf students from current preceptors :/ but I obviously love the program and ofcourse cheaper tuition hahah
 
Congrats on all the people who got accepted. I have not heard from them yet, but I do not think that I am that lucky this year, so I am already starting up my back up plan (most likely taking one year off). Oh well I am thinking it as an experience I learned from and will do better next year (also do more research).
 
Congrats on all the people who got accepted. I have not heard from them yet, but I do not think that I am that lucky this year, so I am already starting up my back up plan (most likely taking one year off). Oh well I am thinking it as an experience I learned from and will do better next year (also do more research).

Don't worry man. I'm feeling the same way haha. But I'm just going to go to my backup school haha. Good luck with your future, but don't give up hope 🙂
 
Accepted at 1:33pm - From
1/29 interview!

Anyone having a tough decision between ucsf and USC? I want to end up in socal and have recently been hearing not the greatest about ucsf students from current preceptors :/ but I obviously love the program and ofcourse cheaper tuition hahah
Does anyone know if UCSF have send out any email to verify you complete all the prerequisites? I supposedly already completed all the courses, just need to make sure......
 
I'm deciding between the two - not sure yet. You have any ideas?
hands down UCSF. UCSD is still relative new. They combine the med class and pharmacy class. I am sure it is challenging, however I think it is somewhat unnecessary. UCSF offers more research, career opportunities. Being one of the oldest pharmacy school, they will know how to educate the next generation pharmacist.
ucsd does have an amazing campus. UCSF just have a lot more to offer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm deciding between the two - not sure yet. You have any ideas?
I'm deciding between the 2 as well. Got into USC, but I have already dismissed the school since I have heard pretty bad things about it going down the tubes and can see that (since I work at USC). I just didn't like that it didn't really do any mixing between the healthcare fields since in the real world you work with docs and nurses. I really liked that both UCSD and UCSF do mixed OSCEs and really make it team based learning, since that is the real world. I am still deciding between UCSD and UCSF, but I am very research oriented and I think that UCSF has more opportunities for research because it's more established and it is the top research school in the country (in general). That being said, UCSD has a lot of pluses too and has a smaller class size.
 
Accepted at 1:33pm - From
1/29 interview!

Anyone having a tough decision between ucsf and USC? I want to end up in socal and have recently been hearing not the greatest about ucsf students from current preceptors :/ but I obviously love the program and ofcourse cheaper tuition hahah
See above on my post about USC. I've done a lot of research since I'm literally at the campus everyday, feel free to PM me.