UCSF Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted. Sigh. Well, better than a rejection.

Yup just got waitlisted too. Disappointinghaha. I'm not really high on the waitlist, might just reject it and stick with my other school.

What number are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 16 :/

Members don't see this ad.

Yup just got waitlisted too. Disappointinghaha. I'm not really high on the waitlist, might just reject it and stick with my other school.

What number are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 16 :/
I got waitlisted as well, I'm right before you at 15th. What other school have you already been accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted too. Does anyone know if they only accept 122 people for now and waitlist the others? or do they accept more than 122 people?

I got waitlisted too. Does anyone know if they only accept 122 people for now and waitlist the others? or do they accept more than 122 people?

Im pretty sure they only have a set number and dont go above that. You will have to wait and see if anyone rejects the school, which is unlikely

Hello! Waitlisted as well! This is just a friendly reminder to anyone who has been accepted and is sure you don't want to go to UCSF to please decline sooner than later (if possible, I know its a big decision). We're all in the same boat with having to give notice to whichever school were attending(and pay deposits!) so if you have decided on another school, please allow for others to be considered!

On a side note congratulations to all accepted, good luck to those still waiting and to all my fellow waitlist-ees, may the waitlist ever be in your favor!

Last edited:
I went to a few interviews for OOS pharmacy school......It seems they r all trying to mimic

I wonder if there will be TWO graduating Class of 2020. Since UCSF is requiring PCAT for the entering Class 2017, will it also change to a 3-year program?

I wonder if there will be TWO graduating Class of 2020. Since UCSF is requiring PCAT for the entering Class 2017, will it also change to a 3-year program?

Just cause they will start requiring the PCAT?

No, I don't see why they would change their entire 4 year circulum to a 3 years for that reason. PCAT doesn't mean 3 year program.

Members don't see this ad :)

As far as I know from talking to current students and from the info session at the interview: there will be 2 classes graduating in 2020, but it's not because they're starting to accept the PCAT.

Just cause they will start requiring the PCAT?

No, I don't see why they would change their entire 4 year circulum to a 3 years for that reason. PCAT doesn't mean 3 year program.

As I said above, they mentioned that the incoming class for 2017 will be the beginning of the 3-year program, so here will be 2 graduating classes in 2020. I talked to a couple current students and they said they're testing out the new curriculum in classes for the upcoming change.

yep, that's what they've been telling us. basically the incoming 2016 class will have the current 4-year curriculum and the incoming 2017 class will be the first to start the new 3 year curriculum. so, both class years will end up graduating in 2020 (though I doubt they will graduate at the same time: the 4 year program ends in March, but I doubt the 3 year program will also end that early in the year!) coincidentally the incoming 2017 class will also be required to take the PCAT, though this is not the reason for the shorter curriculum. I believe it just has to do with the administration's belief that requiring the PCAT will strengthen the competitiveness of the applicant pool.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got accepted earlier this week! Eeeek! Feels pretty damn good!

for you guys who are deciding between schools, UCSF is the most recognized pharmacy school in the country! No matter where you are, you will have priority in the job market. I have heard lots of bad vibes about UCSD students in the job market..its a new school and hasn't been recognized. The rankings have also dropped down to 25 this year. If you want to be guaranteed a job, I would say UCSF it is!! I have just declined UCSD and USC, even though USC would be by next choice, due to its high rank of 9 and its recognition throughout the state of California and the country as a whole.

Reactions: 1 user
I donno man. If I had been accepted at UCSD I'd have taken that in an INSTANT over UCSF. But as it is I was rejected from SD and waitlisted on SF so not that I have that choice, but my choice would be 100% clear if I had that decision to make.

for you guys who are deciding between schools, UCSF is the most recognized pharmacy school in the country! No matter where you are, you will have priority in the job market. I have heard lots of bad vibes about UCSD students in the job market..its a new school and hasn't been recognized. The rankings have also dropped down to 25 this year. If you want to be guaranteed a job, I would say UCSF it is!! I have just declined UCSD and USC, even though USC would be by next choice, due to its high rank of 9 and its recognition throughout the state of California and the country as a whole.
I agree with funky. Always go with the oldest, most established and most recognized pharmacy school. Ucsd is an excellent research institute. However its pharmacy program is new. Its curriculum still need time to evolve.

Last edited:
did anyone get off the waitlist!!!????
As for right now, they have 110 student on the class facebook page. I think they are all the individuals accepted the offers. UCSF doesnt allow individual to hold two offers at a same time.

As for right now, they have 110 student on the class facebook page. I think they are all the individuals accepted the offers. UCSF doesnt allow individual to hold two offers at a same time.
a word on the Facebook group...membership in the group is in no way regulated by the admissions committee. anyone can join the group, including current ucsf students (I'm in the group, and I'm a current P1). there are also students in the group who haven't accepted their offer yet.

a word on the Facebook group...membership in the group is in no way regulated by the admissions committee. anyone can join the group, including current ucsf students (I'm in the group, and I'm a current P1). there are also students in the group who haven't accepted their offer yet.

The class of 2020 Facebook group is supposed to be regulated by the admissions committee. It's a private group. That's why Joel is on the page

The class of 2020 Facebook group is supposed to be regulated by the admissions committee. It's a private group. That's why Joel is on the page
oh yes there's an official group and an unofficial group, you're talking about the official one which is definitely a more accurate count of who's in the class! Joel and a few other admissions people are in there too so make sure you exclude them from the count

oh yes there's an official group and an unofficial group, you're talking about the official one which is definitely a more accurate count of who's in the class! Joel and a few other admissions people are in there too so make sure you exclude them from the count

Yup, so that would be 109 on fb--excluding Joel and Rick

Has anyone received the email from the office of the registrar with info on activating their student account? It says we should have received one after sending our deposit but I haven't seen anything :/

Hello everyone! I just got accepted from the waitlist this morning and I literally can't think right now. Orientation is in about two weeks for UCSF and I am not prepared. I have gotten everything, including documents, housing etc., ready for UCSD. I'm a bit overwhelmed and can't make the decision right now. If someone has similar situations, please give me some advice or suggestions! Thank you!

Hello everyone! I just got accepted from the waitlist this morning and I literally can't think right now. Orientation is in about two weeks for UCSF and I am not prepared. I have gotten everything, including documents, housing etc., ready for UCSD. I'm a bit overwhelmed and can't make the decision right now. If someone has similar situations, please give me some advice or suggestions! Thank you!

Congrats!! I was debating between Usc and ucsf, but chose ucsf, if you want message me and I can give you reasons why I chose SF. All the work you need to do before orientation for SF really isn't that bad (immunizations, ID pic, etc) and I'm sure they'll give you time to complete it so I wouldn't worry too much about that!