2018 UCSF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I keep dreaming about receiving an acceptance email. I wake up mid-sleep and groggily check my email on my phone, see that there's nothing, go back to sleep, and then dream the same dream, and then wake up and check my phone again, and the cycle repeats...... the anticipation is killing me you guys.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm, but if they release the decisions on a rolling basis, which is the case and they evaluate files at random, those who are randomly selected first have an advantage because there are a limited amount of seats. That is, unless they admit a percentage and review groups of files, which is also unfair

Correc me if I'm wrong, I'm just conjecturing 🙂
 
Hmm, but if they release the decisions on a rolling basis, which is the case and they evaluate files at random, those who are randomly selected first have an advantage because there are a limited amount of seats. That is, unless they admit a percentage and review groups of files, which is also unfair

Correc me if I'm wrong, I'm just conjecturing 🙂
I agree that doesn't really make sense to me, I always thought it was a more holistic review unlike what other rolling admission schools do
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just find it strange that I haven't heard of anyone whos been denied yet. Hopefully they're out there because rolling denials are the only way the method makes sense
 
Yeah I get that, but this forum is as anonymous as you make it. That and I haven't heard anyone not on SDN get rejected, but I've heard of at least one person who got in
Yeah that's true.....

One of my friends not on here also got in. So it's even more nerve wrecking now. I guess we just have to wait until tomorrow? Or maybe Monday... 🙁
 
Hmm, but if they release the decisions on a rolling basis, which is the case and they evaluate files at random, those who are randomly selected first have an advantage because there are a limited amount of seats. That is, unless they admit a percentage and review groups of files, which is also unfair

Correc me if I'm wrong, I'm just conjecturing 🙂

I like the thought process. How do you know so much about their method?
 
I like the thought process. How do you know so much about their method?
I don't know anything about it. They just emphasize the fact that everyone's file is evaluated independently of others. However, people have posted that they've been accepted already, while many of us haven't heard anything yet. This implies rolling decision releases. There is the chance that they just release some before others just for ****s and giggles, which is kinda dumb
 
I don't know anything about it. They just emphasize the fact that everyone's file is evaluated independently of others. However, people have posted that they've been accepted already, while many of us haven't heard anything yet. This implies rolling decision releases. There is the chance that they just release some before others just for ****s and giggles, which is kinda dumb

Very logical. Lets just hope and keep our fingers crossed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more hour until close of business day. Then we can finally peel ourselves off this screen and do it all over again tomorrow!
Lots of places do extended hours in situations like this though, but it's unlikely they would release decisions later than 6 or 7
 
I promised myself if I don't hear back by tonight that I can pretty much assume I'm not in. Am I the only lunatic in this state of mind ?
 
Only received junk mails from UCSF about fire alarm or surveys...

I would like to hear back from them as soon as possible, even reject letter, then I can move on...

Don't understand why they can't announce at the same time after EVERYONE is evaluated.

Still pending my physical exam and official transcripts because of UCSF...
 
I promised myself if I don't hear back by tonight that I can pretty much assume I'm not in. Am I the only lunatic in this state of mind ?

That's what I thought too...actually let's save that for tomorrow..if I don't hear back tomorrow I'll have a very uneasy weekend to say the least haha
 
So I went back and looked at last years thread and it seems that some people were rejected on the same day the first people were accepted. I think that the only reason we think only acceptances are sent out first is because those are the only people posting their status. I am sure there is still hope for us yet! There seem to be quite a few of us who have not heard back yet. Also, some people used to be quite active on this thread and did not post that they were accepted, but also are not really participating anymore...
 
im not sure if that means anything, but it does give us a little bit of hope that they do not only send out rejections later
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will hear back by April 1st. A lot of people have been accepted already, but according to their blog, they send rejections simultaneously. It may be an oversimplification, but this is the only way that it makes sense to not really have other acceptances influence your own. If all of our files were truly independent, they wouldn't commit to 122 seats per year.

As I mentioned previously, this is an oversimplification of the process, but it makes the most sense to me, so hopefully it relieves some anxiety.

Edit:

http://pharmdadmissions.ucsf.edu/2011/03/are-you-going-to-make-april-1st.html

Here's a link to where I'm getting this info from. Yes, it was posted in 2011, but I'm sure most of the admissions process has stayed the same. The post was also on the 25th of March, meaning they really go all the way to near the end for decisions...

Point is, if we haven't heard back yet, there's still a chance we'll be admitted.
 
Last edited:
Ooh, looks like they have already begun gearing up for what to offer PharmD candidates who didn't or won't make the cut this year. They posted on their FB that their interprofessional health postbac program application cycle is now officially open as of today and ends on Sunday, April 6th…. FYI!

Would you consider this postbac program if you were denied?

Also, new entry up on Joel's blog. 4 minutes fresh
 
Last edited: