UCSF Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Listen, for you guys are doing your UCSF Secondary applications make sure you take note to both adresses that you must send to.

After you have completed the entire secondary application (Form A, Form B and Form C), print and sign the copy. Mail the application to:

UCSF School of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
513 Parnassus Ave., S-619
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430

Mail the application fee form, with the appropriate application fee ($60 for US citizens and permanent residents, $80 for all others, payable to “UC Regents”)*, to:

UCSF Admission & Registrar
File #307902
PO Box 60000
San Francisco, CA 94160

Just don't make the same mistake I made, I feel so stupid for not following directions.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you fill out for question 7?
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif].
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Optional) .[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please use this space to tell us anything additional that you believe is relevant to your application for admission..

wow this is SOO ******ed! I also got this e-mail today and I called the lady ASAP. She told me that I sent the secondary application to the address that I am only supposed to send to secondary fee to. The actual application needs to be sent to a different address. HOW DUMB IS THAT?! :scared: I asked her what i can do about this and she said to mail it again - postmarked TODAY! I am at work till 5pm and being the ****** that I am, I didn't even save anything because it was all in PDF so I just printed it out!! :eek: I guess it's just not meant to be. theres really nothing i can do about it at this point!!! ughh soo frustraded :confused: I'm gonna try and call my bank see if they can cancel the check i sent them - but I don't think its worth ruining my credit score for one stupid school! ughh sorry for venting soo much its just soo frustrating
Hmmm. I understand your frustration. But it's actually not that dumb. If you read through the first page of your application it specifically said to send the two to two different addresses. I know it's a lot of paperwork and lots of stress, but we all need to learn how to follow directions, or else we're destined to F*** up when we get into the real world and start working as dentists.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you fill out for question 7?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Optional) .[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please use this space to tell us anything additional that you believe is relevant to your application for admission..
Tell them stuff about yourself that you haven't mentioned in your AADSAS personal statement, and show them how these stuff make you a well qualified applicant for their school.

Hmmm. I understand your frustration. But it's actually not that dumb. If you read through the first page of your application it specifically said to send the two to two different addresses. I know it's a lot of paperwork and lots of stress, but we all need to learn how to follow directions, or else we're destined to F*** up when we get into the real world and start working as dentists.

:thumbup:

So i just finished proofreading my secondary... I want to mail it asap, but I don't want to hurt my chances if I find a mistake.

How long did you guys take to edit your essays until you finally decided to mail it out?

I reviewed mine a bunch of times until like three days before their due date they gave me.

i just wing it and sent out next day like i did last year. i havent heard anything from ucsf, anyone know why when they start sending?

are you guys using most of the space provided? My 'essays' only fill half the space. I know it's not about quantity but I was just wondering how much you guys are writing. I feel like if i write more i'll be just rambling.

I tried not to ramble too much.. just remember saying too much or filling all the space doesn't mean they will like you... answer the prompt to the point...

my thought is that if you are confident enough, you should not use that much space to tell them who you are.

Good luck

i just wing it and sent out next day like i did last year. i havent heard anything from ucsf, anyone know why when they start sending?
I've heard here that they send out interview invites end of October-beginning of November.

Don't know anything else.

I tried not to ramble too much.. just remember saying too much or filling all the space doesn't mean they will like you... answer the prompt to the point...

my thought is that if you are confident enough, you should not use that much space to tell them who you are.

Good luck

yea that was my thinking too but looking at all that white space... lol

thanks and good luck to you too!

I've heard here that they send out interview invites end of October-beginning of November.

Don't know anything else.

Really? Predents show late august and early sept for pre dec interviews

Well it's already sept and no one has said anything about a ucsf invite so... *shrug*

You're never going to believe what happened to me! I got an email with a secondary app invitation yesterday, and then immediately got an email that my app had been canceled due to missing the deadline. When I called, the first two people I talked to told me everything was fine, and to just ignore the cancel email, and then transferred me to the women who actually sent the emails, and she informed me that she had sent the original invitation on August 5 and I missed the deadline. I never got the email though! :scared:
Total bummer. I asked for an extension, but the man who can do that, wasn't in, so I left a message and have been working on these essays all morning just in case. What do you think?!!!!

You're never going to believe what happened to me! I got an email with a secondary app invitation yesterday, and then immediately got an email that my app had been canceled due to missing the deadline. When I called, the first two people I talked to told me everything was fine, and to just ignore the cancel email, and then transferred me to the women who actually sent the emails, and she informed me that she had sent the original invitation on August 5 and I missed the deadline. I never got the email though! :scared:
Total bummer. I asked for an extension, but the man who can do that, wasn't in, so I left a message and have been working on these essays all morning just in case. What do you think?!!!!

Ask them for proof that your UCSF secondary was sent on August 5. They won't have any because the email they sent probably did not send properly.

That's unfortunate.
You could ask for proof, but I don't think that's gonna help, because they can always blame it on your email account and say that it's probably gone to your "Spam Folder" and it was your responsibility to check that.
However, I think if you're consistent and you bug them enough, you'll be able to get a second chance from them.
Good luck and let us know how things go for you.:thumbup:

Well it's already sept and no one has said anything about a ucsf invite so... *shrug*
I don't think they're gonna invite anyone any earlier than late Oct. So, it's not too late yet.