UCSF "secondary" for psych residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dianamd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I received an ERAS message today from UCSF asking me to fill out a secondary application. Did anyone else who applied to UCSF get this? It looks like something they send to everyone, not quite like something that they screened for (and since I maybe have 1-2 LORs in, I don't know how they could screen me either way!)

Thanks and good luck to all. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I also got that e-mail today.

*None* of my LoRs are in yet...

I haven't been to the UCSF website yet to check out what the "secondary" entails...

Last year it was basically a very formal version of "who do you want to interview with and on what day." They ask you what sort of "leader" you're going to be basically to figure out who you should interview with.

It's not a "secondary" like med school secondaries. If you spend more than 15 minutes on it, you're lame. Fill it out and fax it tomorrow and get it out of your mind before y'all melt down! ;)

yeah, I saw the secondary on the website a loong time ago but totally forgot to send it in. LAME.

Just write something lame. And send it in.