UCSF/SFSU Applicants 2016 Cycle

Started by bromeliad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bromeliad

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know about you, but I'm incredibly antsy to hear back from UCSF/SFSU with a decision.

On their website, the timeline suggests that admission decisions will be made by 2/6, but from past cycles, accepted interviewees got calls as early as the Monday right after interview weekend.

I might be the only one going stir crazy... But if I'm not, I thought it would be helpful if accepted applicants post here when they get the call, as well as who they interviewed with 🙂

Regardless, good luck to everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Just giving you a heads up that you'll most likely be receiving notice soon! I got a call Monday afternoon that I got accepted 🙂 Also, the professor who called me wasn't the same professor that I had interviewed with. Good luck! 🙂
 
Hey everyone! Just giving you a heads up that you'll most likely be receiving notice soon! I got a call Monday afternoon that I got accepted 🙂 Also, the professor who called me wasn't the same professor that I had interviewed with. Good luck! 🙂

When and Who did you interview with?
 
Hey everyone! Just giving you a heads up that you'll most likely be receiving notice soon! I got a call Monday afternoon that I got accepted 🙂 Also, the professor who called me wasn't the same professor that I had interviewed with. Good luck! 🙂
Wow congratulations!! That's wonderful news, you must be so happy 😀
 
It should be soon, I heard back from them yesterday and today the official acceptance letter was posted on the supplemental application website!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who got acceptances!

So people who interviewed with various faculty, both on Friday and Saturday, got calls on Monday - based on talking to a few who got the calls. Wondering if any calls went out the rest of the week? Or if anyone has been informed they are on the waiting list, although I guess that would happen next week..

Patience is a skill any future PT needs!!! 🙂
 
Congrats to those who got acceptances!

So people who interviewed with various faculty, both on Friday and Saturday, got calls on Monday - based on talking to a few who got the calls. Wondering if any calls went out the rest of the week? Or if anyone has been informed they are on the waiting list, although I guess that would happen next week..

Patience is a skill any future PT needs!!! 🙂
When did you interview? and whom did you interview with?
 
Rejected. Skype interview 0/10 would not recommend, I should've flown out. I wasn't very impressed by my interviewer, and I guess she wasn't impressed either. Sucks, but I'll live 🙂
 
Found out today that I'm on alternates list. But I don't know my placement. Anyone have an idea of how many people tend to get in off the alternates list? I read somewhere that in previous years the program has told people if they were in the top 15, and that the top 15 tend to get in...
 
Found out today that I'm on alternates list. But I don't know my placement. Anyone have an idea of how many people tend to get in off the alternates list? I read somewhere that in previous years the program has told people if they were in the top 15, and that the top 15 tend to get in...
I'm on the alternate list as well. It's disappointing they don't give you a number, but I guess we just have to wait it out. I really don't want to get my hopes up, but it's tough being in limbo.
 
Congrats to those of you that were accepted! Also, congrats to those of you on the alternates/wait list. I know it's probably nerve wracking, but it is an accomplishment. I still haven't heard anything yet, and I interviewed Saturday. I don't understand why they don't contact everyone at the same time re: alternates/rejected applicants. Oh well, probably not good news at this point.
 
Well, just heard back today that I am an alternate. I declined, so those of you who are waiting to hear back, good luck and hope this tiny bit helps!
 
has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? did they say if you were top 15 or anything? thanks so much. not feeling hopeful at all anymore :/
 
I don't think anyone was given a number or a range right off the bat. I'm considering just emailing to ask and see if I actually get an answer. Wouldn't hurt to try I guess?

Let us know how it turns out! I'd love to know where I am on the waitlist too...