UDM .. interesting.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jimmyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is interesting, I had an interview on Jan 25th at UDM.. then they told me that they would let me know within 2 weeks, and now its in April and I still dont know what happeened to my application. Everytime I call they say that you would receive a letter.
Today I recieved a letter from the financial aid office (in a big envelope), and they sent me the FAFSA applicatoin, and whole bunch of other stuff..

I dont know why they send stuff to people who did not get accepted? does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't assume it's an automatic rejection. I think UDM is notorious for sending everyone info that applied to the school. I interviewed in Jan as well...the 19th or something..and I got a response a week later to the day. They also told me that it would be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get a response. I honestly dont know why they're putting you in limbo. Their admissions office is a little hard to understand at times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your financial aid letter should tell you something. If your financial aid letter reads: "Should you be accepted to UDM.... then you haven't been accepted yet, but you are also not rejected yet. That financial aid letter means you are under serious consideration, have a good shot, and better get to work on your FAFSA. If your financial aid letter reads: Congratulations of your acceptance...., then obviously you are in.

I got the same letter and I was not called for an interview :(

I got that financial aid letter after I got accepted there. So, my guess is they are just sending it to everyone still in the process of application at any stage. They love sending stuff through the mail though.

last week i talked with my advisor about which schools to apply to next year... we talked about udm and she said she was not impressed at all with their ability to communicate with students... she said that she even has trouble getting in touch with them and that they are not good at all about keeping students informed and up to date

last week i talked with my advisor about which schools to apply to next year... we talked about udm and she said she was not impressed at all with their ability to communicate with students... she said that she even has trouble getting in touch with them and that they are not good at all about keeping students informed and up to date

admissions office at UDM = can be sketchy at times. Quality of the school = Awesome. Do not let the admissions office detour you from applying there. Remember...you only have to deal w/ them during the application cycle and then never again.