UDM Offer Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormanBoreman

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I mailed my offer of acceptance and deposit on Dec 20th and it was suppose to be delivered on Dec 23rd. I tracked my package and they said they tried to deliver the package but no one was there to accept it. I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue in the past and what happen. I'm pretty worried because the last day for me to send my acceptance conformation is on Jan 2nd. United States Postal Service said they would try and attempt to deliver it again on Dec 27th.

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as the package is postmarked before the deadline then you're fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the same experience. I sent my acceptance to another school with express mail and made sure that no signature was required. Still, USPS did not deliver it because there was "no Authorized Recipient Available" (what on earth happened to the gold old fashioned "leave it in the mailbox" idea?). This happened TWICE already. I tried to reschedule delivery online but it doesn't work and it says to call. Of course when I call I can't reach anyone (I've spent literally hours on the phone already). The incompetence of the USPS is not legend for no good reason. Talk about government inefficiency...
My advice: send it again via UPS or Fedex, which are both private companies and have the term "customer service" in their dictionaries. That's what I'm going to do, along with disputing my USPS credit card charges for their failing to deliver and follow simple instructions. If even that doesn't work, I'm going to drive down to my school and hand deliver it. I didn't come all this way to be stopped by the USPS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same issue and i emailed them. They said that the the office will be closed from Thursday December 22nd until Tuesday January 3rd.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the same issue and i emailed them. They said that the the office will be closed from Thursday December 22nd until Tuesday January 3rd.

So what are you going to do? I talked to Danielle at UDM and she said someone would be there all break to receive mail, I'm so upset this is happening!

So what are you going to do? I talked to Danielle at UDM and she said someone would be there all break to receive mail, I'm so upset this is happening!
They said as long as it is postmarked before January 3rd i should be fine. I send it in December 23rd. Someone got it on December 24th. UPSP says an individual at UDM received my package.

See i sent my package from ontario and canada post is partnered with USPS, im just wondering if they would also postmark that kind of stuff

Is the post office closed for the upcoming New Year holiday? If I send mine in on Thurs 12/29, will the mailman collect it on Fri 12/30?

Is the post office closed for the upcoming New Year holiday? If I send mine in on Thurs 12/29, will the mailman collect it on Fri 12/30?
I think on Friday yes but Monday 1/2 no.