UDM Waitlist Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTALSCHNEEZ811

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who ever is waitlisted at UDM, lets keep each other updated with this thread and let us know if you have heard anything, or if you have been accepted. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I will definitely decline my acceptance at UDM, hope someone will get it :)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if UDM will be calling the wait listed candidates throughout December as people are declining, or are they going to wait until the deposit deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UDM will be calling the wait listed candidates throughout December as people are declining, or are they going to wait until the deposit deadline?
I have no idea :/ they probably will do that

I be decline my acceptance from here, so that will open a spot

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be declining as well. Good luck to you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for letting us know guys. Much appreciated. Good luck with everything!

Milords, this peasant humbly requests your UDM spot *grovel**grovel*

Reactions: 1 users

If I remember correctly, they start calling people in January.

Thank you guys for quickly declining seats, very professional of you. Best of luck at your chosen Dental Schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lmfaoooooo. UDM JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL PLEASE I CANT DO THIS FOR ANOTHER UNKNOWN NUMBER OF MONTHS!

If anyone is declining your seats to udm on sdn can you please report it here to give us waitlisters alittle bit of hope! Thank you :)

I will be declining my offer today. Hope this will help someone here :) UDM is an awesome school. Good luck!

This is awesome I feel like us UDM waitlisters are asking for decline donations !! keep em coming thank you guys for giving us some hope !

Hahah Seriously though. I am dying over here any ounce of hope will get me through these dark times.

Declined my spot today. Good luck y'all

I will be declining my spot (in state)

Has anyone ever heard, roughly, what the odds are of getting accepted, if you're waitlisted?

I have heard 90% of the wait list get accepted but that seems like too much...

I have heard 90% of the wait list get accepted but that seems like too much...
Last year there were only 20 students who didnt get in. Im assuming those were students who had post dec interviews like really late and were held just incase of an emergency. One year they got everyone off the waitlist.

I wonder how many people are on the waiting list if they could potentially accept everyone

I called today and I can't remember if they actually told me this or not but I believe I remember her saying that there are 200 ppl on wait list, but most will be accepted based on prior years experience.

I called today and I can't remember if they actually told me this or not but I believe I remember her saying that there are 200 ppl on wait list, but most will be accepted based on prior years experience.

Did you also ask when will they release more acceptance offers?

I don't recall to be honest I called UDM right when I woke up and it's all a blur lmao
Did you also ask when will they release more acceptance offers?
Pretty sure January as well though like most other schools (when they figure out how many spots they can offer)

how many are they interviewing total this year? they really need to interview more ppl with 200 waitlist already?

how many are they interviewing total this year? they really need to interview more ppl with 200 waitlist already?
Not sure but when I interviewed I'm pretty sure there was close to 100 people in the room and that was only the morning session.

when i was there they will be interviewing 400 until dec 1st but 200 seems to much. they seriously need to send out rejection if they truly don't think waitlisters as a potential student.

to those who have declined, would you mind including where you plan on attending instead?

On Thursday or Friday, I called UDM, and they said that there were 200 alternates.

Does anyone know how long people have from the time they're offered an acceptance before they have to commit, or make a deposit?

I wonder what the latest date is that someone on the wait list could still get accepted? Is all hope lost after January, or can it go for months?

Reactions: 1 user
On Thursday or Friday, I called UDM, and they said that there were 200 alternates.

Does anyone know how long people have from the time they're offered an acceptance before they have to commit, or make a deposit?

I wonder what the latest date is that someone on the wait list could still get accepted? Is all hope lost after January, or can it go for months?

They have 30 days to make a deposit.
Releasing acceptances starts from January and continues until class begins in August.

The moment you think the wait list gets smaller after many declines, then you realize they add even more to the list:(

Last edited: