UF Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacygirl93

Reaction score
Did not see this thread created yet but has anyone received an interview from UF College of Pharmacy yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a 1PD at UF. I know several of my friends from undergrad who got interviews for this month already. When did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 9/14 and accepted on Thursday, 9/20! So relieved. :clap:

Timeline to anyone curious or stressing:
Submitted Pharmcas 8/14
Pharmcas coursework verified email 8/16
PCAT scores received 8/21
Email from UF that app is under review 8/22
Interview offer 8/31
Interview 9/14
Acceptance 9/20

Out of state, early decision for Orlando campus

Last edited:
Has anyone applying regular decision heard back for interviews? My app was verified on 9/14 and I received the email saying that they were reviewing my app on 9/17

Has anyone applying regular decision heard back for interviews? My app was verified on 9/14 and I received the email saying that they were reviewing my app on 9/17
Someone in my interview group on 09/21 was regular decision. I think it depends on when you submitted your application. Most of us were early decision though so we applied before 09/04.

Interviewed on 9/14 and accepted on Thursday, 9/20! So relieved. :clap:

Timeline to anyone curious or stressing:
Submitted Pharmcas 8/14
Pharmcas coursework verified email 8/16
PCAT scores received 8/21
Email from UF that app is under review 8/22
Interview offer 8/31
Interview 9/14
Acceptance 9/20

Out of state, early decision for Orlando campus
I had my interview a week after you. Still waiting to hear back. Anticipation is killing me. Congrats! Maybe we will see each other on the Orlando campus.

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview a week after you. Still waiting to hear back. Anticipation is killing me. Congrats! Maybe we will see each other on the Orlando campus.
I also had my interview 9/21. SO anxious to hear back!!

Did you hear back? I know everyone who interviewed 9/14 heard back on Thursday so I was hoping it would be the same for us!
I haven’t heard back yet. I assumed we would have heard today as well. I will let you know once I hear anything.

The wait was the worst! Hang in there guys -- I am sure you will be fine and I am hoping for the best for you! :luck: :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone in my interview group on 09/21 was regular decision. I think it depends on when you submitted your application. Most of us were early decision though so we applied before 09/04.
I just got an interview for 10/12. Looks like they bumped me up to interview with ED applicants! I honestly don't know what to expect of this interview. Any tips?

I just got an interview for 10/12. Looks like they bumped me up to interview with ED applicants! I honestly don't know what to expect of this interview. Any tips?
They will only have your essays and your name so definitely know what you put in your essays so you do not contradict yourself. It was pretty conversational for me. Definitely look up mock interview questions and have an idea of how you will answer them. The most common question I saw when I looked up interview questions was “tell me about yourself” and “why pharmacy?”. So know your answers for both. Also, I researched the school to have questions for them at the end, but didn’t use them because I was able to ask more specific questions of my interviewer’s research. So pretty conversational. Also, look into current issues in pharmacy. Most importantly, be yourself and keep calm.

just received an email that my app is under reviewed, do you guys know how long it takes to hear from them?

I got accepted to the Orlando campus!!

Yay! Congratulations! Best feeling ever! :highfive: And now we're classmates for the Orlando campus!

Try not to be nervous (it's hard) and dress professionally. But they said at my interview that getting the interview was the hard part. From things that students there said, sounded like they mainly interview the people they already want to accept, so try to relax.

just received an email that my app is under reviewed, do you guys know how long it takes to hear from them?

It was the next week for me... 9 days.

I received my interview offer a day after I received the email that they were reviewing my application. I did apply early decision so things move faster due to the decision deadline for the college.

They will only have your essays and your name so definitely know what you put in your essays so you do not contradict yourself. It was pretty conversational for me. Definitely look up mock interview questions and have an idea of how you will answer them. The most common question I saw when I looked up interview questions was “tell me about yourself” and “why pharmacy?”. So know your answers for both. Also, I researched the school to have questions for them at the end, but didn’t use them because I was able to ask more specific questions of my interviewer’s research. So pretty conversational. Also, look into current issues in pharmacy. Most importantly, be yourself and keep calm.
Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. I already have a list of pharmacy school interview questions that I'm looking over. Difficult not to be nervous! My top choice is the Orlando campus

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. I already have a list of pharmacy school interview questions that I'm looking over. Difficult not to be nervous! My top choice is the Orlando campus

They said there was 70 seats for the Orlando campus and you have an early interview date so I think you will get in the Orlando campus.

Ah im also interviewing 10/12!

Ok im kinda stressed but these tips are helping me a lot to understand how it all works, thanks so much! In the email they mentioned a problem session, is that part of the interview process or is it another evaluation entirely?

Ah im also interviewing 10/12!

Ok im kinda stressed but these tips are helping me a lot to understand how it all works, thanks so much! In the email they mentioned a problem session, is that part of the interview process or is it another evaluation entirely?

I assumed the whole process was the part of the interview. But the problem solving portion is just a team-based exercise. Some pharmacy students are there watching you, but it is entirely you and your group solving the problem they present. It is showing you what class will be like, since they have a team-based curriculum.

They said there was 70 seats for the Orlando campus and you have an early interview date so I think you will get in the Orlando campus.
How many applicants did you interview with?

I assumed the whole process was the part of the interview. But the problem solving portion is just a team-based exercise. Some pharmacy students are there watching you, but it is entirely you and your group solving the problem they present. It is showing you what class will be like, since they have a team-based curriculum.

ah ok that's not bad!! I'm going over possible interview questions now and it's pretty stressful haha. They wouldn't ask too many difficult questions, right?

ah ok that's not bad!! I'm going over possible interview questions now and it's pretty stressful haha. They wouldn't ask too many difficult questions, right?

No not too difficult. They do give you the option to skip a question if it is too difficult for you to answer, but there were none for me.

Were you guys who were scheduled to interview on 10/12 able to make it through safely with Hurricane Michael? Or did they reschedule?

Just got accepted to the Orlando campus!!! So happy!!! :)

Just got accepted to the Orlando campus!!! So happy!!! :)
Congrats!! I plan on applying to the UF Orlando location by the end of the month! Were there a lot of interviewees at your interview day who listed Orlando as their first choice?

Congrats!! I plan on applying to the UF Orlando location by the end of the month! Were there a lot of interviewees at your interview day who listed Orlando as their first choice?
There were very few that wanted Orlando at my interview date. Maybe 3 or 4 people that I know of. But I believe that this year there are 75 spots for Orlando, higher than what the website says under FAQ.

There were very few that wanted Orlando at my interview date. Maybe 3 or 4 people that I know of. But I believe that this year there are 75 spots for Orlando, higher than what the website says under FAQ.
Oh thats good to hear. Gives me a bit more hope. :)

Before you guys got accepted, did you get an email about a background check form first?

I got an email after my acceptance.

I'm so confused lol, because the email I got said conditional acceptance if I did the background screening, but i thought background checks were required for everyone accepted anyway? Fingers crossed this means I'll get accepted once the screening finishes

I'm so confused lol, because the email I got said conditional acceptance if I did the background screening, but i thought background checks were required for everyone accepted anyway? Fingers crossed this means I'll get accepted once the screening finishes

Nvm I just got accepted!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Update for anyone who is wondering about the timeline! I got an interview offer this morning!:soexcited: So far, this is my timeline!
Submission date - 11/25/18
Verified date - 11/26/18
Application under review notification date - 11/26/18
Interview notification date - 11/27/18
Interview date - 12/7/18

Update for anyone who is wondering about the timeline! I got an interview offer this morning!:soexcited: So far, this is my timeline!
Verified date - 11/26/18
Interview date - 12/7/18

Congratulations. Hopefully we will be classmates at the Orlando campus.

can i ask you some questions? what were your stats and how was the interview?

My stats
Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.47
PCAT: 88 composite
About 6 years of pharmacy technician experience

Timeline:
Submitted app to Pharmcas on 08/31
Verified on 09/04
Interview offer on 09/05
Interview on 09/21
Accepted on 09/28

Can anyone here confirm this post that new grad pharmacists in Florida are now hired at under $50/hr by Walgreens?

If so, that is really scary. I knew it was bad in some states, but not this bad.

I just received my acceptance this morning!!:soexcited:
Verified date - 11/26/18
Interview date - 12/7/18
Background Check email - 12/11/18
Acceptance Email - 12/12/18

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my acceptance this morning!!:soexcited:
Verified date - 11/26/18
Interview date - 12/7/18
Background Check email - 12/11/18
Acceptance Email - 12/12/18
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Can anyone here confirm this post that new grad pharmacists in Florida are now hired at under $50/hr by Walgreens?

If so, that is really scary. I knew it was bad in some states, but not this bad.
Wow is this suppose to stop people from applying. I wonder why u are asking this in the prepharmacy forum when this is clearly a pharmacy forum question.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using SDN mobile

Wow is this suppose to stop people from applying. I wonder why u are asking this in the prepharmacy forum when this is clearly a pharmacy forum question.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using SDN mobile
There's no state or location specific threads. I'm assuming most of you here are techs or at least work alongside pharmacists so you would probably have a better idea.

Any new interview invites out there? Turned my app in and under review since last week so just wondering how the timeline works now