RachGator

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Can anyone at or going to UF explain why first years get charged a microbiolgy fee (artound 1,000). I don't see it on our schedule and I already took micro. Any help is appreciated.

ethyl

Go suck on a Zoloft.
10+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
We better be getting platinum plated inoculating loops for the amount we're paying.

OP
RachGator

RachGator

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I can't even find anything about this except on the tuition cost page. Any P2+ out there?

About the Ads

ethyl

Go suck on a Zoloft.
10+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
So hopefully, our tuition will go down to around $9100-9500 next year. :luck:

kellia

aspiring pharmacist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
florida
Status
Non-Student
This was a HUGE issue this year. The school assured us that they are working on that. Until then, ya just gotta pay... :( I hope it gets worked out for you guys.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
Tuition at UF isn't assessed by credit hours. The pharmacy program sets a tuition which is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) in the country. You will have to pay for a few extras here and there, but it is still extremely inexpensive when you compare it to other schools.

As for microbiology, it doesn't matter if you already took it. They want you to take their micro class. I tried to get out of it and tried to get out of biochem. Dr MacKenzie told me that this was "medical microbiology" and "clinical biochemistry" which were not the same as my undergrad classes. They turned out being a good review, but I didn't learn anything new.

starsweet

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
dgroulx said:
Tuition at UF isn't assessed by credit hours. The pharmacy program sets a tuition which is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) in the country. You will have to pay for a few extras here and there, but it is still extremely inexpensive when you compare it to other schools.

As for microbiology, it doesn't matter if you already took it. They want you to take their micro class. I tried to get out of it and tried to get out of biochem. Dr MacKenzie told me that this was "medical microbiology" and "clinical biochemistry" which were not the same as my undergrad classes. They turned out being a good review, but I didn't learn anything new.
I'm having the same issue with getting out of Anatomy and Physiology at UGA. :( They are still probably going to make it take it with them too.

kellia

aspiring pharmacist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
florida
Status
Non-Student
I really liked the micro class at UF. Dr. Asghari is great! It was a really good review! It really helped reinforce the material I learned in previous classes. I came out of it with a better overall understanding of our immune system.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
kellia said:
I really liked the micro class at UF. Dr. Asghari is great! It was a really good review! It really helped reinforce the material I learned in previous classes. I came out of it with a better overall understanding of our immune system.
Dr. Asghari is hot. :thumbup:

About the Ads