UF Pharmacy Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted from their last batch of interviews!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have access to UF webmail yet? I can log on but it says "server error account does not exist" so I am just curious.
I emailed Mary Beth about this and she said it takes 6-8 weeks for the email to start working. She said you should check it periodically to see if it works.

I don't know why but I am able to login just fine. Although I did have to contact the help desk because my password expired and they had to reset it.

I don't know why but I am able to login just fine. Although I did have to contact the help desk because my password expired and they had to reset it.

I can login too. But I have no mail and a little red box comes up at the too and says "server error" so idk.

I can login too. But I have no mail and a little red box comes up at the too and says "server error" so idk.
OIC, I have no mail as well but i don't get the server error message.

So, so relieved! He got an email saying they wanted to interview him again. That would have been his "third" interview. I guess someone realized that because he then got another email stating he had already had two interviews; therefore, the third interview was cancelled. A few days later, he got his acceptance letter!!! He will be attending the Jacksonville campus but he doesn't mind - he's just happy to be accepted and will make the commute!

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my (and his) shoulders! Had he not been accepted, his plan was to get a pharmacy tech license, and he was going to work as a PT until he could apply again next year. I'm so glad he doesn't have to do that now.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck!!!!

Hi guys,
I see that the application cycle has ended for most of you, congratulations on all of the acceptances. I recently decided I was interested in applying to UF pharmacy school for the upcoming cycle. I was looking for any advice you guys could give me since you just finished the agonizing process. What kind of things do I need to be aware of on pharmcas? I have a 3.8 GPA, some volunteer and research, and plan on getting some pharmacy experience if possible...Is there any advice you have about when to take the PCAT and how to study? What is a competitive composite score? Sorry for the shotgun questioning...Goodluck to all of you in your new endeavor :)

Hi guys,
I see that the application cycle has ended for most of you, congratulations on all of the acceptances. I recently decided I was interested in applying to UF pharmacy school for the upcoming cycle. I was looking for any advice you guys could give me since you just finished the agonizing process. What kind of things do I need to be aware of on pharmcas? I have a 3.8 GPA, some volunteer and research, and plan on getting some pharmacy experience if possible...Is there any advice you have about when to take the PCAT and how to study? What is a competitive composite score? Sorry for the shotgun questioning...Goodluck to all of you in your new endeavor :)

Are you out-of-state or a Florida resident? UF mostly prefers their undergrads and in-states. However, with a 3.8 GPA and if you get a competitive PCAT score of 85-90+, you should have no problem! Once you get an interview, you'll have a very good chance of getting in as long as you are a "normal" person.

Regarding the PCAT, you really have to set a schedule to study everyday. It doesn't have to be long, but that depends on the person. There are some study material out there such as Kaplan and Dr. Collins. Be sure to buy some Pearson practice exams because they are the closest practice you'll get to the real PCAT.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm applying this cycle. I'm from California and am interested in UF. However, like you said, since UF mostly prefers in state residents, should I even bother applying? I have a 3.5-3.6 GPA and a composite PCAT of 98. Is there a quota as to how many out of state residents they accept?

Hi, I'm applying this cycle. I'm from California and am interested in UF. However, like you said, since UF mostly prefers in state residents, should I even bother applying? I have a 3.5-3.6 GPA and a composite PCAT of 98. Is there a quota as to how many out of state residents they accept?

They have like 2 seats a cycle. Should be posted on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you out-of-state or a Florida resident? UF mostly prefers their undergrads and in-states. However, with a 3.8 GPA and if you get a competitive PCAT score of 85-90+, you should have no problem! Once you get an interview, you'll have a very good chance of getting in as long as you are a "normal" person.

Regarding the PCAT, you really have to set a schedule to study everyday. It doesn't have to be long, but that depends on the person. There are some study material out there such as Kaplan and Dr. Collins. Be sure to buy some Pearson practice exams because they are the closest practice you'll get to the real PCAT.

Good luck!

I am a Florida resident .:) Thank you, I will definitely look into those materials.:) If I started applying at the end of July do you think I would be too late in the game?

That would be plenty of time since PharmCAS doesn't start sending out applications until the start of August. However, after submitting your application and paying the fees, PharmCAS will take around a month to verify your transcripts and then start sending out to schools. Thus, be sure to plan to accordingly for the extra month window before schools can actually see your application.

A 3.8 GPA is plenty competitive for a Florida resident, but be sure your PCAT is 70+ and you should be ok.

Jibby321...has your email come up yet? It seems like everyone on the facebook page has their uf email, and I was wondering if I was the only one :confused:

Jibby321...has your email come up yet? It seems like everyone on the facebook page has their uf email, and I was wondering if I was the only one :confused:

Yes mine finally came up 2 days ago. But I found out it was so delayed because the admissions office did not have me coded as admitted but the COP did. So I contacted Mary Beth and she had to contact the admissions office again about my status. I found this out by calling the UF computing help desk so that's how I knew my problem was that I wasn't coded yet. So if yours is still not working I would call them first and see what they say. Hope this helps!

Yes mine finally came up 2 days ago. But I found out it was so delayed because the admissions office did not have me coded as admitted but the COP did. So I contacted Mary Beth and she had to contact the admissions office again about my status. I found this out by calling the UF computing help desk so that's how I knew my problem was that I wasn't coded yet. So if yours is still not working I would call them first and see what they say. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I guess I will have to call on Monday!

Were/are any of you guys pharmacy technicians when applying to the previous cycle? Ive heard UF looks highly at that.

Were/are any of you guys pharmacy technicians when applying to the previous cycle? Ive heard UF looks highly at that.

Yes, I have been for 3 years.

But, my girlfriend has no pharmacy experience and got accepted too.

Has anyone had success installing whole disk encryption with Windows 8?

Has anyone had success installing whole disk encryption with Windows 8?

How far is that in the module? Before or after the personal video?

Last edited:
How far is that in the module? Before or after the personal video?
I don't think it is included in the module. I read on facebook that it should be done before you start downloading all the required programs.

I don't think it is included in the module. I read on facebook that it should be done before you start downloading all the required programs.

Oh, I am unaware of that. I don't have a Facebook so that may be part of the reason.

Oh, I am unaware of that. I don't have a Facebook so that may be part of the reason.
Yeah, I didnt have it either but it is a great source of information. You should sign up. They have an all campus group, an orlando group, and a 1PD survival guide group. I totally recommend it. About the whole disk encryption, I think I am going to have to spend 70 dollars and upgrade to windows 8 pro since WDE comes with the program :(.

Yeah, I didnt have it either but it is a great source of information. You should sign up. They have an all campus group, an orlando group, and a 1PD survival guide group. I totally recommend it. About the whole disk encryption, I think I am going to have to spend 70 dollars and upgrade to windows 8 pro since WDE comes with the program :(.

I've heard it pretty useful. Where do you so the encryption at if it is not in the module? Is that what they are going to check at orientation?

Yes, I have been for 3 years.

But, my girlfriend has no pharmacy experience and got accepted too.

Ok good. I hope my 7+ years tech experience has a positive impression on UF adcoms.

I've heard it pretty useful. Where do you so the encryption at if it is not in the module? Is that what they are going to check at orientation?
I dont know why its not in the module but it does state it under the security tab at this link: http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/student-computer-requirements/. People on facebook have suggested installing the encryption program before any of the other programs because the encryption program might lose your files. Therefore, you should back up everything on your computer prior to installation. Yes, that is what they are going to check at orientation.

I dont know why its not in the module but it does state it under the security tab at this link: http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/student-computer-requirements/. People on facebook have suggested installing the encryption program before any of the other programs because the encryption program might lose your files. Therefore, you should back up everything on your computer prior to installation. Yes, that is what they are going to check at orientation.

Okay. Thank you.

Is the encryption thing something you have to buy? I went to that link and it was talking about like PG so I clicked on that link and it said it was like 1,100. So I don't think that was right. Lol

Is the encryption thing something you have to buy? I went to that link and it was talking about like PG so I clicked on that link and it said it was like 1,100. So I don't think that was right. Lol
I think you might have to pay for PG but if you have windows you can install TrueCrypt which is free. You should try that first.

Has anybody finished the computer competency module?

I'm almost done I just have to post the video and do the paraphrasing assignment.

I'm done. And have everything graded I just didn't know if we get like a conformation or something. Oh well.

I'm done. And have everything graded I just didn't know if we get like a conformation or something. Oh well.
I think as long as everything is graded it should be fine. Did it take a while for you to get a grade for Response Ware?

I think as long as everything is graded it should be fine. Did it take a while for you to get a grade for Response Ware?

No it was pretty quick turn around.

Any out of staters here that were accepted and wouldn't mind sharing their stats. I live in VA, but my parents went to UF, so I was raised a big time Gator and would love to go to UF for pharmacy school. UF seems to be really adamant about their preference to in state applicants (more so than most state pharmacy schools). I have a decent PCAT and GPA, but not sure it'll be enough to get an interview coming from out of state, especially since my biology score was so low. My extra curriculars are good, but I'm a varsity athlete. That takes up a good chunk of my time at school and I'm not sure if they'll consider that a good thing or see it as me not involving myself in a variety of activities. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.66
PCAT
VA- 68
BIO- 57
CHEM- 88
RC- 86
QA- 63
COMP- 79

P.S. I'm a communication major. Any other non-science majors out there that feel like their degree either made them stand out or hurt their chances?

If you want to be in a modern academic program, research, or industry, you should consider going out of state.