UF Pharmacy Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello!

I will be a first year med student at UF this coming fall and am looking for roommates. I am hoping to live in a 4/4 or 4/2. I have looked at several places in Gainesville, and the Landings and University Commons look great because they are close to UF/Shands campus (about 1 mile) and have great amenities (24 hour gym, full kitchens, laundry-washer/dryer in apartment, ect.). The total cost will be less than $400 a month all inclusive (rent, utilities, ect.). Please let me know if you are interested or would like more information! I am very studious, quiet, easy going! Feel free to message me or email [email protected]! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I am filling out the documents that need to be uploaded to the dropbox. Does anyone know where the Student Faculty Handbook Acknowledgement and White Paper on Professionalism Acknowledgement documents are?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I am filling out the documents that need to be uploaded to the dropbox. Does anyone know where the Student Faculty Handbook Acknowledgement and White Paper on Professionalism Acknowledgement documents are?

Thanks!

When did you interview?

I was printing all the paper work too. I couldn't find those documents either.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?

I was printing all the paper work too. I couldn't find those documents either.
I interviewed at Gainesville on the 19th of April. I know I can't upload the documents until June 5th, but I wanted to get everything ready by then. Those were the only ones that weren't blue so you it could direct you to another link. I will email Mary Beth and see what she says!

I interviewed at Gainesville on the 19th of April. I know I can't upload the documents until June 5th, but I wanted to get everything ready by then. Those were the only ones that weren't blue so you it could direct you to another link. I will email Mary Beth and see what she says!

Awesome. Post it here when you find out please. :). Lol

Awesome. Post it here when you find out please. :). Lol
She said it is on the tech site. Since I am on my phone right now, it's a little harder to find the site. If you find the tech site, let me know!

She said it is on the tech site. Since I am on my phone right now, it's a little harder to find the site. If you find the tech site, let me know!

Okay thanks. I'm on my phone 95% of the time lol

has anyone completed the e learning class yet? i cant find it when i log into the site

has anyone completed the e learning class yet? i cant find it when i log into the site

Hey guys!

Thanks!

Found this. http://file.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/forms/whitepaper.pdf

Couldn't find the student faculty handbook for our year. Not sure if it is posted or not yet. Didn't see a specific place to sign the white paper though. Hope this helps.

slowly but surely i received an invite to interview at jacksonville campus! did anyone else waiting for an interview get the mail too? they didn't post the date for when and was wondering if anyone else knew?

I also got an invite, but for the Orlando campus. I still do not have an interview date or time either and it's been 2 weeks since my original email invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview tomorrow at St. Pete's.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Found this. http://file.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/forms/whitepaper.pdf

Couldn't find the student faculty handbook for our year. Not sure if it is posted or not yet. Didn't see a specific place to sign the white paper though. Hope this helps.
I haven't been on here for a few days, but I wanted to let you know that Mary Beth emailed everyone saying that the Computer Tech Site will be up tomorrow for those who interviewed Nov-Feb. For those who interviewed afterwards, it will come up soon.

I had another question...when you filled out your documents to be uploaded, did you print it out, fill it out by hand, then scan it into the computer? I was just curious because I filled it out on the computer, but I wasn't sure if they need our real signature or that an electronic signature would do.

I haven't been on here for a few days, but I wanted to let you know that Mary Beth emailed everyone saying that the Computer Tech Site will be up tomorrow for those who interviewed Nov-Feb. For those who interviewed afterwards, it will come up soon.

I had another question...when you filled out your documents to be uploaded, did you print it out, fill it out by hand, then scan it into the computer? I was just curious because I filled it out on the computer, but I wasn't sure if they need our real signature or that an electronic signature would do.

I can't submit until June. But I printed them and plan on scanning them in.

If you have any questions, there is a fb group for those who are accepted into UF. Just search UF COP, and it should come up! People who are in the program and have experience are there, so they can easily answer questions for all of us :)

First of all congratulations to all those who got accepted. I will be applying to UF COP next cycle and have a quick question. For all of those that got accepted during rolling admission, did you have all your prerequisite complete or did you still have a couple to finish before starting class in fall 2013? Thank you.

First of all congratulations to all those who got accepted. I will be applying to UF COP next cycle and have a quick question. For all of those that got accepted during rolling admission, did you have all your prerequisite complete or did you still have a couple to finish before starting class in fall 2013? Thank you.

I was accepted missing two prereqs. One I finished shortly after my acceptance, and the other I'm taking now.

I was accepted missing two prereqs. One I finished shortly after my acceptance, and the other I'm taking now.

I forgot to say that all prereqs must be completed prior to matriculation into the program.

Still had 2 classes to finish.

Still had 2 classes to finish.
Thank you thats what I needed to know. Im applying for 2014 matriculation and have Physics I, Physics II and Organic Chemistry II remaining. Taking Physics I now and should be done with all by fall of this year. I just heard that UF gives priority to students that have completed all their prereqs first. Not sure if true. If I dont hear back by end of year then I guess I can do an academic update on January and well see then. Thanks for the quick responses :thumbup:

Thank you thats what I needed to know. Im applying for 2014 matriculation and have Physics I, Physics II and Organic Chemistry II remaining. Taking Physics I now and should be done with all by fall of this year. I just heard that UF gives priority to students that have completed all their prereqs first. Not sure if true. If I dont hear back by end of year then I guess I can do an academic update on January and well see then. Thanks for the quick responses :thumbup:

No problem. Good luck.

I got an interview at the Orlando campus. However, they did not give me a date or time! I emailed Beth and she said that they don't have one right now?? :confused:

For those who got a late interview invite, how long until after your initial email before they sent you a date/time?

I was accepted with 5 prereqs outstanding (orgo 2, physics 2, a&p 1 and 2, public speaking). 3 I finished this spring and 2 I'm taking this summer. If you have a good GPA and PCAT score, I'm sure it's fine to have prereqs outstanding because UF will be confident you can complete them with good grades after you're accepted.

I got an interview at the Orlando campus. However, they did not give me a date or time! I emailed Beth and she said that they don't have one right now?? :confused:

For those who got a late interview invite, how long until after your initial email before they sent you a date/time?
They don't give you a date because they are creating the interview dates as they go since the original ones that have been scheduled have passed. I got it about a week later, although I ended up having to change the date because of some scheduling issues. You should get the invite at least a week if not more prior to the interview. Mary Beth is really good about emailing you about the details in enough advance :)

If you have any questions, there is a fb group for those who are accepted into UF. Just search UF COP, and it should come up! People who are in the program and have experience are there, so they can easily answer questions for all of us :)
I typed in UF COP and I cant find it?!?

Does anybody know if you have to get the TB (PPd) screening if you are not an international student?

Does anybody know if you have to get the TB (PPd) screening if you are not an international student?
I am not sure but it looks like you have to have all of the ones listed in the Conditional Admit letter.

I am not sure but it looks like you have to have all of the ones listed in the Conditional Admit letter.

Yea. I'm up to date just need to get the TB screening. It's just kind of a pain since you have to go in then go in 3 days later to get it read.

I was accepted with 5 prereqs outstanding (orgo 2, physics 2, a&p 1 and 2, public speaking). 3 I finished this spring and 2 I'm taking this summer. If you have a good GPA and PCAT score, I'm sure it's fine to have prereqs outstanding because UF will be confident you can complete them with good grades after you're accepted.
During early admission? I heard that UF gives priority to applicants who have all their prereqs completed for rolling admission. I still plan on applying to UF during rolling admission, but its more of a gamble for me since I have 3 prereqs remaining and cannot apply to any other schools until I hear back from UF. Im going to have to roll this dice on this one.

Does anyone have the link to the Facebook UF St. Pete page? I'm trying to find roommates!

During early admission? I heard that UF gives priority to applicants who have all their prereqs completed for rolling admission. I still plan on applying to UF during rolling admission, but its more of a gamble for me since I have 3 prereqs remaining and cannot apply to any other schools until I hear back from UF. Im going to have to roll this dice on this one.

I honestly didn't know UF offered early admission for pharmacy school lol. I interviewed in March, so I guess that counts as "rolling admission."

Why can't you apply to other schools too?

I honestly didn't know UF offered early admission for pharmacy school lol. I interviewed in March, so I guess that counts as "rolling admission."

Why can't you apply to other schools too?
UF actually does participate in rolling admission. If I apply for rolling admission(UF) then for some reason PharmCAS will not allow me to send my app to other schools until I hear back from UF. UF is obviously my #1 choice and I am willing to take the risk in at least getting an interview from them. Even if they reject me I can still send my application to other schools by the end of this year. Decisions, decisions... -_-

Has anybody started uploading documents to Dropbox? And if so is it a lengthy process?

Has anybody started uploading documents to Dropbox? And if so is it a lengthy process?

I just started today. It's pretty easy. Do you have access to anything in Sakai yet?

I started uploading today. I still can't find the faculty handbook and white paper form on SAKAI

I just started today. It's pretty easy. Do you have access to anything in Sakai yet?

I uploaded everything that had a hyper link and my CPR card and health insurance card. I have not been on Sakai yet. Still trying to get used to everything.

I started uploading today. I still can't find the faculty handbook and white paper form on SAKAI

Yea I haven't been on Sakai yet. Let us know when you find it.

Has anybody done the computer and technology orientation? I can't find it on Sakai.

Does anybody have access to UF webmail yet? I can log on but it says "server error account does not exist" so I am just curious.