UF pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlanlu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am utterly confused at to why AP/IB courses won't fulfill the general required pre-profesional courses. Does this mean an AP score of a 5 on subjects such as Calculus, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics won't satisfy the course? Also, I read it is required for an AA degree to be attained in order to be admitted in the UF College of Pharmacy. So, would it be reccomended to finish an AA degree with college-dual enrolled courses at High School, as AP courses are not accepted and an AA is required? Also, if one is wondering, it is possible to do that at my School District.
Please note I am currently an in-state High-School sophomore and the UF College of Pharmacy is my first choice. My goals are to attain a Pharm.D with a MBA as soon as possible in order to eneter the professional world as quicly as possible. I am 110% sure about this, so please don harass me on that I'm too young and unsure about these issues. Also, I am enjoying life, but I need answers in order to make a decicion ASAP, if I would go to a special prep High School(for juniors and seniors only) offering an AA at graduation.

Sincerly,

Joel

Members don't see this ad.

I am utterly confused at to why AP/IB courses won't fulfill the general required pre-profesional courses. Does this mean an AP score of a 5 on subjects such as Calculus, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics won't satisfy the course? Also, I read it is required for an AA degree to be attained in order to be admitted in the UF College of Pharmacy. So, would it be reccomended to finish an AA degree with college-dual enrolled courses at High School, as AP courses are not accepted and an AA is required? Also, if one is wondering, it is possible to do that at my School District.
Please note I am currently an in-state High-School sophomore and the UF College of Pharmacy is my first choice. My goals are to attain a Pharm.D with a MBA as soon as possible in order to eneter the professional world as quicly as possible. I am 110% sure about this, so please don harass me on that I'm too young and unsure about these issues. Also, I am enjoying life, but I need answers in order to make a decicion ASAP, if I would go to a special prep High School(for juniors and seniors only) offering an AA at graduation.

Sincerly,

Joel

Where did u read about the AP credits? Bc I just got accepted for Fall 2007 UF College of Pharmacy and I used some AP credits. I also did lots of dual enrollment so the only classes I had to take once I got to UF as an undergrad were all the science courses. I also knew what I wanted to do by the time I was a sophomore in high school so I don't blame you for being driven so early!! I would suggest trying to get some work experience in a pharmacy-- it definitely helps and is enjoyable!!

Yes, you need the AA degree first. If you can get most of it done with dual enrollment then go for it.

They do accept AP/IB courses, but they do not factor those into your GPA. All their science classes have a lab requirement. They just added that you need a lab for Physics I and II starting in 2008. Also, they won't accept the lower level of calculus for 2008. You need to take Calculus & Analytic Geometry.